Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
"Fear the strong homosexual undertones. Fear them." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fido-s Revenge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:39 pm
Shadow_Orexia
Yaoi fans are always gonna say things where two males are really good friends must make them gay... it's just how their minds work.

Yeah... guilty as charged heart

Hmm... that may have something to do with how I'm having so much trouble writing my series, since two of the three MALE (main) characters are supposed to be BEST FRIENDS throughout the first book. However, at least once in every chapter there's lines and minor-to-major scenarios that make me (and others o.0) think otherwise.
*points* Proof, or something of the like...
Now I really wanna drag Clifford out of the closet... and put Mal and/or Ang in drag period *sees it now...* mrgreen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:53 pm
retice
-[Suteki da ne]-
Full Metal Alchemist
Ed and Al?

Come on! Am I the only one who sees that?
Espically in the movie when Al is all
"I want to spend my life with you."
Plus, Ed like leaves Winry and Roy behind.
FMA is a very twisted series and having incest in it doesn't surpise me...

I love you.
No no but really, I know what you mean. There's a part in the series where Al is talking about how he misses his body to Ed and he goes "I miss touching you, brother." and my friend and I just look at each other like we got that at the same time and I giggled for about two full minutes.
But it's not canon, it really isn't. I mean, the undertones are there for us but it's not a BL series and thus incest isn't part of what makes FMA twisted. But that's okay because there's always fanfiction/fanart/fanvids/doujin. =)

As for the topic, I see huge undertones in this movie called 'Newsies'. It's crazy. Sometimes I think they just threw the lead female love-interest in there because the two male leads were being way too obvious. There's one point where they're talking on this fire escape and look at eachother (their faces are less than a foot apart, btw.) and stare for a few seconds until the one guy's dad comes out and interrupts.
Last, Boy Meets World. Cory and Shawn speak for themselves. =/

You just gave me another reason to rewatch the Newsies. Thank you. <3  

Elaborate Testes

Syntetisk

IRL Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:21 am
I don't think the ones in Naruto count, but if you look at Zabuza/Haku and Sasori/Deidara there's definetly something to consider.
And Kishimoto-sensei said that Team 7 was like a love triangle...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:05 am
theUnsuspect
Stan...Kyle...South Park. 3nodding Nuff said.

Seriously!!!! 3nodding And Cartman is SO gay for Kyle (which is why he's
always so mean to him). There's this one epoisode where he's trying to get Kyle to suck his *****. And in the 'Tourettes' eposiode he almost kisses him..........
Sorry, I'm Overthinking. I find yaoi in EVERYTHING.......I'll try to make a list. heart  

Montypythoniisss

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:56 am
First few days of school when I watched Interview With The Vampire, I found myself muttering, "Oh my God, they're so gay for each other" every few minutes. xD I mean, I have the odd feeling that Anne Rice MEANT to give her vampires gay streaks the size of Texas, but I never really picked up on them reading the book as a freshman... I need to get around to reading the rest of the Vampire Chronicles. I read The Vampire Lestat a few years ago but I can't remember much of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:12 am
EvFaerAshlynn
First few days of school when I watched Interview With The Vampire, I found myself muttering, "Oh my God, they're so gay for each other" every few minutes. xD I mean, I have the odd feeling that Anne Rice MEANT to give her vampires gay streaks the size of Texas, but I never really picked up on them reading the book as a freshman... I need to get around to reading the rest of the Vampire Chronicles. I read The Vampire Lestat a few years ago but I can't remember much of it.

OMG!!! you saw that too? I could have sworn the two of them ended up married at one point and ended up rewinding and rewatching like 5 times (the ways to entertain a college student)... I thought I was like the only one who thought that because the person I was watching it with said "Nope, I don't see it..."
I wanted to kill her...  

Namikaze Kaiyoko

Tipsy Kitten

9,475 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

teddytoles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:14 pm
I see it in many shows, but what was surprising was the gay joke in a Disney movie about a prince being very pretty and great so he must be gay basiacally. Princess diaries 2.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:38 pm
Someone mentioned XMen and it's true. At the very least the part in the third movie where Rouge asks about the cure and Storm is telling her there is nothing wrong with any of them, there can't be a cure O.O If that isn't a statment on being gay, I don't know what is.

However, it isn't just XMen. It's a lot of superheros. Especially the girls.

Also, a lot of 30s and 40s films had undertones in them. I know some one said that in the time before present (even the 30s and 40s) they didn't mean the relationships to be that way. But, in the 30s and 40s there was a lot of homosexual clubs and relationships going on under the surface of society and Hollywood was one of the biggest places (and would you believe Berlin was too?? Silly Hitler). So, there were times when the writers meant for there to be undertones because they couldn't just say it.

Examples: a lot of Humphrey Boggart films (Casablanca O.O), Arsenic and Old Lace (Boris Karloff and Peter Lori)

Also, the book Dorian Gray was full of homosexual undertones. So was Walt Whitman's poems (when he's talking about watching the boys in the stream naked O.o).  

irishcocoa

irishcocoa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:30 pm
I just saw the film "I was a male war bride" with Cary Grant...

"You'll chase anything with two legs." says the lead actress to Cary Grant.

They could've said "with a skirt", but nope. Undertone homosexual.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:30 pm
[ - P a n d a - ]
ninja heart
Everyone on t.v. is gay in my book.

Amen to that. xd  

Lenre Li
Crew

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:12 pm
Metalocalypse.......they're all gay for each other....even Ofdensen "That's my bread and butter you're ******** with."
.....yep.

oh and Scrubs *ahem* GUY LOVE!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:28 pm
Montypythoniisss
theUnsuspect

always so mean to him). There's this one epoisode where he's trying to get Kyle to suck his *****. And in the 'Tourettes' eposiode he almost kisses him..........
Sorry, I'm Overthinking. I find yaoi in EVERYTHING.......I'll try to make a list. heart

OMG I so agree! I always end up playing a scene in my head. It always seems to me that Kyke is the one with the thing for Cartman and he's being a jerk for treating him that way.
....I need to get around to reading fanfiction on that.  

pixie_cc

Familiar Dabbler

8,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:17 pm
There are so many on TV these days. I think the creators actually enjoy sticking subliminal homosexuality into these things and watching the homophobic fans struggle to not notice the slash.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:18 pm
pixie_cc
Montypythoniisss
theUnsuspect

always so mean to him). There's this one episode where he's trying to get Kyle to suck his *****. And in the 'Tourettes' episode he almost kisses him..........

OMG I so agree! I always end up playing a scene in my head. It always seems to me that Kyke is the one with the thing for Cartman and he's being a jerk for treating him that way.
....I need to get around to reading fanfiction on that.
Hmm......You could be right! biggrin question I wonder.....
I didn't know there was fanfiction like that! ^^ Fanart/comics would be cute, too.... ^^  

Montypythoniisss

Jiggery Pokery

Supernatural Manifestation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:31 pm
RionaDaidouji
RionaDaidouji
Quite a few in the newest series of Doctor Who. Well, Jack is an obvious one, but that's less undertones and more "Hey, this guy's bi!"

To quote the Doctor: "He's a 51st century guy! He's just a bit more flexible when it comes to dancing."

But Jack aside, there was a lot of Mickey/Jake undertones in the 2006 series, too.

O_O

Okay, so this isn't confirmed, just something I heard from a friend of mine, but she's usually well-informed, so this is quite likely true.

cyropi
Apparently, you know Jake, and Ricky, and Mickey? And you either know of or can imagine the Jake/Ricky-and-or-Mickey slashing that happened as soon as Mickey stayed in the alternate world?

I bring you a report of an apparently cut-out line from Age of Steel, directly after the final scene where Mickey says to Jake that he's not going to try and replace Ricky:
Quote:

Quote:
Jake: You never could. I’ll never have another boyfriend like him.
Mickey: Okay. Definitely not replacing him.

HA! We all knew there was something going on! Love for being proved right.

I can confirm this. It is a deleted scene. I saw it a while ago. If you want to watch it search YouTube. I totally knew something was going on between Rickey and Jake!  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff