Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamerChick16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:23 am
Crustasian
GamerChick16
Hey all, i have basicaly dropped my chaos, as some of you might of saw in painting, and i am looking into Wood Elves, i just have one questions. As i am going to for a all female Wood Elven army, i was just wondering, if any at all, how many female bodies are in the Glade Guard boxes. I'm kinda nervues(sp) about trying greenstuff, and possible ******** everything up!

its been a while since i had the sprue but im pretty certain that half the bodies are female. im not entirely positive but im pretty certain. good luck!
Thanks heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:38 am
If I would have a Wood Elves army with Bretonnians allies:

1) What units can I take from the Brettonnia army (lords/heroes, core, special, rare, characters)?
2) There is an overall army chart or each ally has it's own army chart (for ex. is it compulsory to have 2+ core units of each ally)?
3) Would the army be tournament legal?

Drycha's army would be made of forest spirits only, right? Can they have other allies against the Wood Elves?  

Inquisitor Gorbasch

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:48 pm
Inquisitor Gorbasch
If I would have a Wood Elves army with Bretonnians allies:

1) What units can I take from the Brettonnia army (lords/heroes, core, special, rare, characters)?
None, that I'm aware of. The only allies I recall capable of joining Wood Elf armies are DoW (At one Rare Choice each) and Kislev (Which is likely an invalid list now, and I believe unorderable anyways).

Quote:
2) There is an overall army chart or each ally has it's own army chart (for ex. is it compulsory to have 2+ core units of each ally)?
Usually, an potential Ally lists will tell you what you need, can field, etc.

Quote:
3) Would the army be tournament legal?
Likely not.

Only 'ally' I can think of for sure is playing with a friend and having them play with a smaller army.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:45 am
Hello, I play 40k quite a bit, and wanted to branch out into fantasy. I have a wood elf army box, are these guys that difficult to play?  

Libertado

Crustasian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:00 am
out of fantasy armies, the elves are probly harder to use than some others, specially wood elves. they have virtually no armour, and not much offensive magic, so they rely on shooting and movement to win. that combined with expensive units, and the vulnerability to damage of any type. they need strategy to work effectively.

dont be discouraged though, just because they are difficult doesnt mean they are impossible, experiment with some strategies and find one which works, there are a lot of speciallist troops in wood elves, which means there will be many strategy combinations to come up with. good luck  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm
A great place to start is the wood elf section of the GW website. there's a tactical run down of every army in there own respective sections. The wood elf one is pretty good. I was having a goosey at it the other day very informative.  

eric the ghost

Oryn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:21 pm
Hokay, so I've been sucked into fantasy by my friends and I'm looking at the Wood Elves to be my army; specifically the Forest Spirits army variant. I understand you end up kind of low on model count, but how viable is it if you don't take Wild Riders?  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:23 pm
Hokay, so trying this again, I'm definitely picking up a Forest Spirit army, but currently I'm thinking about saving a bit of money by cutting down on initial purchases; to that end, how does this list look?

Hero:
L2 Spellsinger - 207 points
Glamourweave Kindred
Elven Mount
Calaingor's Stave
Starfire Arrows

Core:
8 Dryads - 96 points
8 Dryads - 96 points
8 Dryads - 96 points

Total: 495 points

I know this is easily affordable cash wise, but is it viable? I'm kind of worried about having so many points tied up in a spellcaster who, while mobile, isn't all that tough. Should I drop the Spell caster to L1 and lose the Starfire Arrows? I'd like to retain the Glamourweave, because I want the al- spirit army. He's mostly there to spam one-die casts of Treesinging, and maybe throw out another spell if he rolls a good one.  

Oryn

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:14 pm
When playing low-points games, I find that the less you spend on Magic Items the best you'll be. Level two is nice as it gives you extra spells and power in casting, but it also sucks up both points and combat capabilities.

Since I doubt you'll save enough for another 8 Dryads, though, that should do for now.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:37 pm
Yeah, I've been debating with myself about the Starfire Arrows. I can't drop the Staff because it's what lets me cast Treesinging multiple times, but the Arrows could be swapped for upgrading two of the three units of Dryads to having branch nymphs. I'm just wary because well, 12 points more for an extra attack and nothing else?  

Oryn

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:51 pm
Oryn
Yeah, I've been debating with myself about the Starfire Arrows. I can't drop the Staff because it's what lets me cast Treesinging multiple times, but the Arrows could be swapped for upgrading two of the three units of Dryads to having branch nymphs. I'm just wary because well, 12 points more for an extra attack and nothing else?

Skirmishers work best taking additional models instead of command. This is because most often Skirmishers are the chargers, and if you don't break the enemy turn one you'll get ground down quickly.

Plus two more attacks instead of one for the same (If not lower) cost is good when playing small games.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:52 am
Hokay, so I've been looking at my list and liking it less and less. Not only does it not teach me a whole lot about playing Warhammer, it doesn't look particularly viable. That said, I'm bumping the size up to 1000 and chaging some units around. How's this look?

Heroes:
182 - Spellsinger, L2, Glamourweave Kindred, Elven Mount, Calaingor's Stave
115 - Branchwraith - Murder of Spites, Cluster of Radiants

Core:
96 - 8 Dryads
96 - 8 Dryads

Special:
215 - 3 Treekin w/ Treekin Elder
148 - 5 Wild Riders w/ Musician, Standard Bearer
148 - 5 Wild Riders w/ Musician, Standard Bearer

1000 points exactly.

I know the three specials and two characters kinda screams 'min max' but I can't afford the third unit of Dryads if I want to have SB's in the Wild Riders.  

Oryn

Oryn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:19 pm
Got to play my first couple games with my Spirits a couple days ago. Treekin are definitely ace, so long as they don't come up against a significant number of flaming attacks. First game, they went almost untouched, but the second I had a Conflagration go off on them and they went from 3 strong to a single model in one spell. Not cool. Still, the remaining model lasted the rest of the game and beat the offending mage in the face, so I remain firm in my opinion that they're ace, even when encountering fire.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:11 pm
Hey Oryn. Any chance of seeing some pics of your Wood Elves?  

Lord Thuddleton

Oryn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 pm
Not in the next couple weeks at least. I have a bunch of my models built, but none painted, and they're all stock stuff so far, 3 Treekin and 24 Dryads. My Spellsinger is really annoying me because of the skinny arm and socket, so she hasn't been put together, and I'm still waiting on my second box of Dryads so I can start converting my Wild Riders. I may be buying a Wardancer lord to convert to a Wild Rider character.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff