Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:22 pm
Yea, anyways. I'm thinking of making a Lizardmen army, heavy on Blocks of the big lizards,  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:44 pm
Could turn out well enough if you can manage to keep a battle line intact. *Shrugs* My army consists around two solid blocks of Saurus infantry to centre, with cavalry, Kroxigors, and an Old-Blood mounted on a Carnosaur to cover my flanks, while seriously threatening the ones of my opponents. Throw in two Skink Priests for a few Second Sign re-rolls a turn, and you have a formidable force.  

Daicon

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:59 pm
Daicon
Could turn out well enough if you can manage to keep a battle line intact. *Shrugs* My army consists around two solid blocks of Saurus infantry to centre, with cavalry, Kroxigors, and an Old-Blood mounted on a Carnosaur to cover my flanks, while seriously threatening the ones of my opponents. Throw in two Skink Priests for a few Second Sign re-rolls a turn, and you have a formidable force.

Don't forget about the one unit of skirmishing skinks, and the giant skink skirmish missle screen. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:57 pm
I was thinking roughly Kroq-gar, 2 other lords on Canis, Cav, Sauras, and Kroxi's  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:53 am
Reddemon
I was thinking roughly Kroq-gar, 2 other lords on Canis, Cav, Sauras, and Kroxi's

3 Lord Choices? You're gonna be playing 4K point games? Also, you'll be needing Magic. Right now, you'd have 2 Dispel dice in a 4K point game.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:01 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

3 Lord Choices? You're gonna be playing 4K point games? Also, you'll be needing Magic. Right now, you'd have 2 Dispel dice in a 4K point game.
Muscle over magic for me  

Reddemon

Daicon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:41 pm
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

Muscle over magic for me

Muscle over magic is fun, but won't get you anywhere effectively. It's unfortunate, but if you want the list to win, you'll need to at least protect yourself from magic.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:55 pm
Daicon
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

Muscle over magic for me

Muscle over magic is fun, but won't get you anywhere effectively. It's unfortunate, but if you want the list to win, you'll need to at least protect yourself from magic.

I believe Sarusu can take a Sacred Spawning, as can Lords. 2 for the lords and 2 Infantry units with the Dispel Marking can generate 4 Dice, making 6. Not much, but still...

Or just stick with 4 units with the marks along with the 2 Hero's, for a grand total of 8 Dispel dice, which MAY be okay at 4K points.

With just 2 Dispel, even Ogres will own the magic phase...  

Drachyench

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:33 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

Muscle over magic for me

I believe Sarusu can take a Sacred Spawning, as can Lords. 2 for the lords and 2 Infantry units with the Dispel Marking can generate 4 Dice, making 6. Not much, but still...

Or just stick with 4 units with the marks along with the 2 Hero's, for a grand total of 8 Dispel dice, which MAY be okay at 4K points.

True, but I dont face much magic in my games, though with a Teezncth lord and greater demon comming up soon, I think I'll take a few sacred spwanings of the dispelling variatey. I also have a Sarus mounted on cold one hero, which once I get the book, will probly the most tooled out hero I will ever own, barring a orge  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:59 pm
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

Muscle over magic for me

True, but I dont face much magic in my games, though with a Teezncth lord and greater demon comming up soon, I think I'll take a few sacred spwanings of the dispelling variatey. I also have a Sarus mounted on cold one hero, which once I get the book, will probly the most tooled out hero I will ever own, barring a orge

Who will be killed in a challenge because a lucky hit made him WS1 and auto-strike last. Then procede to take 4 attacks needing 3's to hit and 3's to wound.  

Drachyench

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:08 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon
Reddemon
Muscle over magic for me

Who will be killed in a challenge because a lucky hit made him WS1 and auto-strike last. Then procede to take 4 attacks needing 3's to hit and 3's to wound.
I'm not too worried about that xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:36 pm
Daicon

man, when did you start playing lizards? I thought you played ogres and chaos and that. confusing. anyways yeah. I have a 1k point army going on right now. one 16 saurs block w/ hand weps, 22 skinks (yes the number is strange, but i had to opt points for the scar vet), one scar-vet on foot, one salamander pack, and one 16 saurus block with spears. For an extra rank of attacks for 2 points a piece? why not? I'm thinking about making my blocks 20 though. oh and i also have 1 priest lvl2. so i basically have a fairly versatile army for 1k pts. magic (yay lore of heavens!), solid core blocks, range, ok general with 8 ld. I think its pretty good. except for the fact that I played total of one half a friggin game with my army. Man i gotta find someone who i can play.  

Asian_Slipknot

Asian_Slipknot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:41 pm
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Daicon
Reddemon
Muscle over magic for me

I'm not too worried about that xp

Well he can always spend 25 points for the sword of the hornet, which i prefer because it allows him to strike against many units first seeing that he has a lame initiativeof 3.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:45 pm
Oh and Daicon do you mean tht cardboard memories in that small plaza with the big 'Mac's' sign on the corner of the street? If that's the place then I can get there too. I didn't suspect they would have tabletop there as well. Especially warhammer. The hobby store I used to go to were those oes with just comics, tcgs, and friggin heroclix. I hate tose horrid things.  

Asian_Slipknot

Daicon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 am
Could be... I don't quite recall a big sign, but I'm not really a stickler for the details.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff