Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:14 pm
Sara Hysaro
It's an action game. You run around dodging attacks and land blows of your own when the boss is vulnerable. Kinda like Okami, only you don't have to draw stuff. 3nodding Generally you'll want to run around to smack him with your book (this creates an entry), which will give you more element tiles to work with either during the fight or after the fight is over. Then you'll want to land blows with whatever weapon you prefer. It's not too difficult, it's just kinda easy to die when you don't know how to tell which attacks are coming and how to avoid them.

Hmm... I don't play action games nearly as much as I used to. I mostly play RPGs, adventure games, strategy games, simulations and some puzzle games.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:25 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
It's an action game. You run around dodging attacks and land blows of your own when the boss is vulnerable. Kinda like Okami, only you don't have to draw stuff. 3nodding Generally you'll want to run around to smack him with your book (this creates an entry), which will give you more element tiles to work with either during the fight or after the fight is over. Then you'll want to land blows with whatever weapon you prefer. It's not too difficult, it's just kinda easy to die when you don't know how to tell which attacks are coming and how to avoid them.

Hmm... I don't play action games nearly as much as I used to. I mostly play RPGs, adventure games, strategy games, simulations and some puzzle games.

The dungeons in Avalon Code kinda remind me of the old style Zelda game dungeons. You're given an objective and you try to fulfill that objective as well as you can. The better you do the more that map page's value will rise, which can help level you up. Outside of dungeons and boss fights it's more of an adventure game though. You don't have to fight every enemy on the screen unless it tells you to. And dying isn't a big deal from what I remember. I kept falling down pits trying to get around before I learned that you could stop the hammer throw without hitting a wall. xd

There's also a social link type of interaction with a number of the NPCs. You help them with their problems, and give them gifts to raise their affection to activate the next sequence in their character arc. You can even date some of them depending on whether you chose the girl MC or the boy MC. All of the unique NPCs have a wish for themselves, which you can fulfill using the element tiles. If you fulfill their wish that page value goes way up. ^^  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:28 pm
BiaA
Sara Hysaro
BiaA
Whats your favorite game series?
I don't follow many series...soo I'd say Zelda, Layton and maybe FF: Tactics Advance. The genres I like the best are strategy and turn based RPGs and puzzle solving.

What system(s) do you play?
DS, Wii and what my crappy computer can run.

Favorite game character overall?
Skyward Sword Link is my new husbando. emotion_kirakira

Currently I'm playing Hotel Dusk, FF: Tatics A2, Kirby Mass Attack and super importantly Skyward Sword.
And I have like a hundred games on my computer I quit in the middle.

Hotel Dusk! <3 They apparently made a sequel to that one called Last Window: The Secret of West Cape, but I don't have it. Hotel Dusk was so much fun to play through. I love how they drew the characters.

Oooh, that's cool, I didn't know about the sequel =D
Yeah, the art style is very distinct and pretty.

It just isn't fun when I wonder endlessly with no idea of what to do...like right now, lol.l

Yeah, I had my moments where I had to wander around, examine everything, and talk to everyone. xd I think I checked a walkthrough once because I really didn't know what it was that I needed to do. Something to do with a coat-hanger if I'm not mistaken.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:37 pm
Sara Hysaro
BiaA
Sara Hysaro
BiaA
I don't follow many series...soo I'd say Zelda, Layton and maybe FF: Tactics Advance. The genres I like the best are strategy and turn based RPGs and puzzle solving.

Currently I'm playing Hotel Dusk, FF: Tatics A2, Kirby Mass Attack and super importantly Skyward Sword.

Hotel Dusk! <3 They apparently made a sequel to that one called Last Window: The Secret of West Cape, but I don't have it. Hotel Dusk was so much fun to play through. I love how they drew the characters.

It just isn't fun when I wonder endlessly with no idea of what to do...like right now, lol.l

Yeah, I had my moments where I had to wander around, examine everything, and talk to everyone. xd I think I checked a walkthrough once because I really didn't know what it was that I needed to do. Something to do with a coat-hanger if I'm not mistaken.

I'm just in chapter 4 and I have checked the walktrough a loooot of times sweatdrop
I'll keep that in mind the next time I get lost. I just can't take clicking eveeerything again and having Hyde to say obvious things I'm seeing.

Oh, and if you like this game you'll probably love 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors if you don't know about it already.  

BiaA

Nerd

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:41 pm
BiaA
Sara Hysaro
BiaA
Sara Hysaro
BiaA

I'm just in chapter 4 and I have checked the walktrough a loooot of times sweatdrop
I'll keep that in mind the next time I get lost. I just can't take clicking eveeerything again and having Hyde to say obvious things I'm seeing.

Oh, and if you like this game you'll probably love 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors if you don't know about it already.

Yeah, hearing the same things over and over again is a little...repetitive. And annoying when you're trying to find the right thing. Just be sure to check every room and every cabinet. Oh, and if you find some tools be sure to put them back after using them. Just a word of warning. ninja

surprised I don't believe I've heard of that game. What is it about, and what system is it for?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 pm
Sara Hysaro
BiaA
Sara Hysaro
BiaA
Sara Hysaro
BiaA

Yeah, hearing the same things over and over again is a little...repetitive. And annoying when you're trying to find the right thing. Just be sure to check every room and every cabinet. Oh, and if you find some tools be sure to put them back after using them. Just a word of warning. ninja

surprised I don't believe I've heard of that game. What is it about, and what system is it for?

Haha, I got past that part already. I got caught trice cause I always forgot something.

It's for the DS. It's similar to Hotel Dusk, a point and click adventure with a lot of dialogue, but the puzzles are more of the "scape the room" kind. 9 people get kidnapped and stuck in a ship with time limit to get out. It's very fun cause it has a lot of suspense and several different paths and endings.  

BiaA

Nerd

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:57 pm
BiaA
Sara Hysaro
BiaA
Sara Hysaro
BiaA

Haha, I got past that part already. I got caught trice cause I always forgot something.

It's for the DS. It's similar to Hotel Dusk, a point and click adventure with a lot of dialogue, but the puzzles are more of the "scape the room" kind. 9 people get kidnapped and stuck in a ship with time limit to get out. It's very fun cause it has a lot of suspense and several different paths and endings.

I didn't get caught, but that's because I was paranoid. x3 I forget which events were in which chapter since it's been so long since I last played it.

Ooooh, that sounds really interesting! Lots of replay value in something with different paths. smile Kinda reminds me that I ought to retry that Star Ocean game I've got lying around. Till the End of Time, I think.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

The dungeons in Avalon Code kinda remind me of the old style Zelda game dungeons. You're given an objective and you try to fulfill that objective as well as you can. The better you do the more that map page's value will rise, which can help level you up. Outside of dungeons and boss fights it's more of an adventure game though. You don't have to fight every enemy on the screen unless it tells you to. And dying isn't a big deal from what I remember. I kept falling down pits trying to get around before I learned that you could stop the hammer throw without hitting a wall. xd

There's also a social link type of interaction with a number of the NPCs. You help them with their problems, and give them gifts to raise their affection to activate the next sequence in their character arc. You can even date some of them depending on whether you chose the girl MC or the boy MC. All of the unique NPCs have a wish for themselves, which you can fulfill using the element tiles. If you fulfill their wish that page value goes way up. ^^

I haven't played much in the way of Zelda games, only A Link to the Past.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

A Link to the Past is pretty much what I was thinking in the way of dungeon puzzles. A lot of them are "kill all the enemies", "light all the torches", "press all the switches", and stuff like that. Not the puzzles of current Zelda games where you have to think a bit on it. It flat out tells you what you have to do, the trick is doing it in a good time. You only have to clear a room once, but you can retry for a better score after you clear the dungeon. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

A Link to the Past is pretty much what I was thinking in the way of dungeon puzzles. A lot of them are "kill all the enemies", "light all the torches", "press all the switches", and stuff like that. Not the puzzles of current Zelda games where you have to think a bit on it. It flat out tells you what you have to do, the trick is doing it in a good time. You only have to clear a room once, but you can retry for a better score after you clear the dungeon. smile

I've heard that the current Zelda game is a bit more action-y, but I don't have a Wii to verify.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:16 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I've heard that the current Zelda game is a bit more action-y, but I don't have a Wii to verify.

I've heard that too. ^^ They're emphasizing the Wii-mote swordplay controls, which is pretty cool. I saw a trailer demonstrating some of them, and it looked pretty fun. I'm stuck in the no Wii boat as well for the time being.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:25 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

I've heard that too. ^^ They're emphasizing the Wii-mote swordplay controls, which is pretty cool. I saw a trailer demonstrating some of them, and it looked pretty fun. I'm stuck in the no Wii boat as well for the time being.

I'm not "stuck" without a Wii as I choose not to have one. I don't buy video game systems unless there is a Shin Megami Tensei game as more often than not, those are the games that I will replay over and over again. I bought my PSP for the remake of the original Persona game and went a year with just that and Dissidia to play with.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:33 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

I'm not "stuck" without a Wii as I choose not to have one. I don't buy video game systems unless there is a Shin Megami Tensei game as more often than not, those are the games that I will replay over and over again. I bought my PSP for the remake of the original Persona game and went a year with just that and Dissidia to play with.

Oh, I know. I remember that part of your post. 3nodding I'm the same way about consoles. Until something that I know I will enjoy comes out on it I won't bother purchasing one. Personally I wasn't interested in picking up a PSP until I heard about Persona 3 Portable, and then I had to research the game list to find at least two other games I would enjoy before I'd let myself get it. The DS served me pretty well as far as games go. whee Every series I love has a game on that system.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:50 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

Oh, I know. I remember that part of your post. 3nodding I'm the same way about consoles. Until something that I know I will enjoy comes out on it I won't bother purchasing one. Personally I wasn't interested in picking up a PSP until I heard about Persona 3 Portable, and then I had to research the game list to find at least two other games I would enjoy before I'd let myself get it. The DS served me pretty well as far as games go. whee Every series I love has a game on that system.

Fufu... I'll get a system for just one game only if I like it enough.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:02 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

Fufu... I'll get a system for just one game only if I like it enough.

I did that with the Gamecube. xd I wanted to get Pokémon Colosseum, and that was pretty much the only reason I got it. It paid off with other games eventually, but for a while I only had that (plus its sequel) and Super Smash Bros Melee. Pokémon was the only reason I wanted to get a 3DS at some point, but it's looking like they'll have some other games I'll enjoy on there eventually. I'll probably be getting a Vita for the Persona 4 remake as well, but that'll be a while from now.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff