Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
ATTN: Needing ppl to start planning This Year's Halloween!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixelated-Kawaii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:36 am
Vishkah
Peachy_Girl_Momo
Hehe. So, did you hear back from the girl about the thread layout?

Okay. Blysk is a no-show, the other place I went is also a no-show, but the third place I went to offered me this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She says she'll go ahead and finish the rest (of the subheaders, and footers) ASAP if we like the style. So I thought I'd ask your approval over whether you think we should go ahead with this one!

I personally really like it apart from the pumpkin. I wonder if she could replace it with a different one or a bat or something!

Yeah, that's fine. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:55 am
Peachy_Girl_Momo
Vishkah
Peachy_Girl_Momo

Okay. Blysk is a no-show, the other place I went is also a no-show, but the third place I went to offered me this:

She says she'll go ahead and finish the rest (of the subheaders, and footers) ASAP if we like the style. So I thought I'd ask your approval over whether you think we should go ahead with this one!

I personally really like it apart from the pumpkin. I wonder if she could replace it with a different one or a bat or something!

Yeah, that's fine. smile

Woohooo! Finally, we have something - what a relief. sweatdrop  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Pixelated-Kawaii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:32 am
Vishkah
Peachy_Girl_Momo
Vishkah
Peachy_Girl_Momo

Yeah, that's fine. smile

Woohooo! Finally, we have something - what a relief. sweatdrop

you might get a PM from someone who is willing to do one as well, this will be as a backup. when they Pm you, ask for samples of their work, just in case this one falls through  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:47 am
Hello redface It's been a while since I dropped in here (except for a few grabs), school doesn't leave me much time for gaia lately. crying
Umm... I guess I can try to make some graphics if it didn't work with pro ones.
(Never made a thread layout though, and I don't know about coding part sweatdrop , but I guess I can manage a pic for banners/header if other fails and it's not too late. And it'll save gold for event prizes =D)  

ewalucja

Silent Creature

45,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Pixelated-Kawaii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:34 pm
ewalucja
Hello redface It's been a while since I dropped in here (except for a few grabs), school doesn't leave me much time for gaia lately. crying
(Never made a thread layout though, and I don't know about coding part sweatdrop , but I guess I can manage a pic for banners/header if other fails and it's not too late. And it'll save gold for event prizes =D)

That would be awesome! blaugh 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 pm
Peachy_Girl_Momo
ewalucja

Okay, Peachy Girl, this is how the girl I ordered from's banners have turned out:

Alternative banner:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2hs7o7t.png

Subheaders:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2pq48s7.png

http://i51.tinypic.com/2qvcm0m.png

Etc, etc, etc.  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Pixelated-Kawaii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:52 am
Vishkah
Peachy_Girl_Momo
ewalucja

Okay, Peachy Girl, this is how the girl I ordered from's banners have turned out:

Alternative banner:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2hs7o7t.png

Subheaders:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2pq48s7.png

http://i51.tinypic.com/2qvcm0m.png

Etc, etc, etc.

Sounds good. do we also have a rules section? Because I really don't want like, people quoting first pages. We should just put out quote links and get people to copy and paste. Also, I am at a total loss of what to write in the sections once we get them. I was thinking write the text on our computers in programs like microsoft word, and then the day the event comes out, we copy and paste and set up the thread like that. I am a day ahead before Americans, so that will give me a little bit of a headstart, I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:22 am
Peachy_Girl_Momo
Vishkah
Peachy_Girl_Momo
ewalucja

Alternative banner:

Subheaders:

Etc, etc, etc.

Sounds good. do we also have a rules section? Because I really don't want like, people quoting first pages. We should just put out quote links and get people to copy and paste. Also, I am at a total loss of what to write in the sections once we get them. I was thinking write the text on our computers in programs like microsoft word, and then the day the event comes out, we copy and paste and set up the thread like that. I am a day ahead before Americans, so that will give me a little bit of a headstart, I think.

I was thinking I'd set up a test thread - lay out the coding so we know what it'll look like in a main forum, and we can discuss in the crew forum what we want added, etc. (On the day, I can give you all code for each post and we can all post a section one after the other.) I'd be happy to write each section with just amendments by you and Chiisai and any other mods who're involved. I actually have a pretty good idea how its going to be laid out but any details or input after I put up a skeleton would be great! I'll start that soon. Also, I'll also be sure to add "Don't quote the first page" to our list of rules and follow with code for each of our quotes wherever appropriate.

Oh, yeah, we'll definitely have rules. Just under our big banner we'll have meet your hosts then our avatars each with an analyzer underneath it, and then in bold we'll list our rules. And then a table of contents. We don't need a whole banner for that one, I don't think since our first post is already quite busy.... Anyway, I'll lay out a test thread fo shizzle and if you'd like a banner or two added I'll ask Ms Fay!

I think its important for me to give you an idea of what it'll all look like coded up in actual forum post format, so I'll send you a link once it starts looking right... Do you like that idea?  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:32 am
nii_chan222
Vishkah
nii_chan222
Vishkah

I just wanted to direct you here in case you wanted to be a mod in our Event thread! All you'd have to do is be active and chat with us in the Event forum, etc, which isn't that much different to what we do anyway! Please think about it, I'd really like to have you on board since you're so active here. heart

I actually came here, but saw all the last posts were last month and thought I was too late x,D
Is there anything you guys need help with? I have lots of time and nothing to really do x,D 3nodding
By the way, I have to drive my little brother's to school soon, just in case I disappear, i'd be back in an hour :3

The real thing's not until the Halloween event starts up - around Halloween itself, so you're fine! We're just (trying) to set up in advance... Unfortunately we're having a little trouble finding an artist to do our thread layout. Our other one really should have told us sooner she wasn't able to do our order... If you know of any good graphics shops that do post layouts, please let me know! I'm trying to hunt down one but many are closed or too busy or just not right for the job.

Anyhow, if things do get up and running by the time the thread's up, I think it'd be great if you were a mod! All you'd have to do is be active and chat a lot in the main thread, keep an eye out for ToS violations (if any) and keep the ball rolling/thread bumped so more people join in. Oh, and invite your friends should you know of any who would be interested!

Have you tried opening up a request thread for a good one? That way maybe someone would come to you since it's so hard trying to find good and open artists Dx But I can help search for you 3nodding And sure, I can try :3

Wheeee! Super. I hoped to get you on board.

So its me

Chiisai

Peachy

You

Mika....

and that's all we have confirmed so far, I think?

Oh, and as for the graphics thing, we've found one! So its all settled there.... *wipes sweat off brow* Phew!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:36 am
Mika_Len
Vishkah
Still up for being our mod when the time comes? So far its, you, me, and Peachy XD
I'm still up for it. I just hope I''m not busy jumping around threads. xd

MIKAAAAAAAAA! I'd love your input as I'm currently setting up our thread's layout here, and I need to know what kind of system you'll have. For example, do you want your post to say.... that you'll be offering sketches of people's avatars throughout the event (and to quote you for a response), followed by a list of slots, or something? I haven't the faintest idea.... @_@ Let's discuss it after I've had some sleep! sweatdrop  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

nii_chan222

Ruthless Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am
Vishkah
nii_chan222
Vishkah
nii_chan222
Vishkah

I just wanted to direct you here in case you wanted to be a mod in our Event thread! All you'd have to do is be active and chat with us in the Event forum, etc, which isn't that much different to what we do anyway! Please think about it, I'd really like to have you on board since you're so active here. heart

I actually came here, but saw all the last posts were last month and thought I was too late x,D
Is there anything you guys need help with? I have lots of time and nothing to really do x,D 3nodding
By the way, I have to drive my little brother's to school soon, just in case I disappear, i'd be back in an hour :3

The real thing's not until the Halloween event starts up - around Halloween itself, so you're fine! We're just (trying) to set up in advance... Unfortunately we're having a little trouble finding an artist to do our thread layout. Our other one really should have told us sooner she wasn't able to do our order... If you know of any good graphics shops that do post layouts, please let me know! I'm trying to hunt down one but many are closed or too busy or just not right for the job.

Anyhow, if things do get up and running by the time the thread's up, I think it'd be great if you were a mod! All you'd have to do is be active and chat a lot in the main thread, keep an eye out for ToS violations (if any) and keep the ball rolling/thread bumped so more people join in. Oh, and invite your friends should you know of any who would be interested!

Have you tried opening up a request thread for a good one? That way maybe someone would come to you since it's so hard trying to find good and open artists Dx But I can help search for you 3nodding And sure, I can try :3

Wheeee! Super. I hoped to get you on board.

So its me

Chiisai

Peachy

You

Mika....

and that's all we have confirmed so far, I think?

Oh, and as for the graphics thing, we've found one! So its all settled there.... *wipes sweat off brow* Phew!

Nice :] They look nice too x33
Gaia should be getting close to the events now that they've already made the cash/gold shop Halloween items and I looked at the 2010 Halloween event forum and the 15th was when the forum's rules were posted, so it has to be any time now right?
Edit: Nice avi too :3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 pm
Vishkah
MIKAAAAAAAAA! I'd love your input as I'm currently setting up our thread's layout here, and I need to know what kind of system you'll have. For example, do you want your post to say.... that you'll be offering sketches of people's avatars throughout the event (and to quote you for a response), followed by a list of slots, or something? I haven't the faintest idea.... @_@ Let's discuss it after I've had some sleep! sweatdrop
I suggest having the post's border at "shout" for the bold black border.

Also, the post may need more orange and pretty symbols to jazz it up a bit.

I'll try making a layout after this. xD <3

Also, maybe put names on the hosts? Or I can actually do that with the layout...

Ahhhhh as for my sketches....I once opened a freeb thread where people who wanted art had to roll one six-sided dice to get a 5 and I'll draw them... I think I'll do that when I'm IN THE thread and ANNOUNCE that I'm holding that.

And I'll also be randomly choosing people. 3nodding  

Mika_Len

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:59 pm
Mika_Len
Vishkah
I suggest having the post's border at "shout" for the bold black border.

Also, the post may need more orange and pretty symbols to jazz it up a bit.

I'll try making a layout after this. xD <3

Also, maybe put names on the hosts? Or I can actually do that with the layout...

Ahhhhh as for my sketches....I once opened a freeb thread where people who wanted art had to roll one six-sided dice to get a 5 and I'll draw them... I think I'll do that when I'm IN THE thread and ANNOUNCE that I'm holding that.

And I'll also be randomly choosing people. 3nodding

Gotchya. I'll change the borders to shout.

As for the hosts, since the analyzers stretch when active, I'm going to be rearranging them with the Host's names and analyzers (including multiple mule tanks) next to each one.... Unless you have another idea...?

I originally asked our graphic artist to make us a footer. But I'm not sure whether that would be too picture heavy or not... I'm tossing up whether to follow up on that one. Perhaps we should find a way to make a decorative footer out of symbols.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm
Vishkah

As for the hosts, since the analyzers stretch when active, I'm going to be rearranging them with the Host's names and analyzers (including multiple mule tanks) next to each one.... Unless you have another idea...?

I originally asked our graphic artist to make us a footer. But I'm not sure whether that would be too picture heavy or not... I'm tossing up whether to follow up on that one. Perhaps we should find a way to make a decorative footer out of symbols.
Hmmmm that sounds fine. But I suggest taking out the pictures for Non-host names. But I think you know that already. xD

The footers would be too image heavy. I'm looking thru some mini shops and checking out their layout. :3  

Mika_Len

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm
Mika_Len
Vishkah

Hmmmm that sounds fine. But I suggest taking out the pictures for Non-host names. But I think you know that already. xD

The footers would be too image heavy. I'm looking thru some mini shops and checking out their layout. :3

@_@ Not sure what you mean by taking them out. Our hosts total out to five or possibly six and I'm putting a column of analyzers next to each one. @___@ I'm experimenting with some symbols and stuff now. I'm thinking the hosts section will be its own post.

But yeah, I thought the footers would be too image heavy, too. X__x I hope that I'm doing a good job with the coding here..... @___@  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff