Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
TF Headquarters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 pm
Signing out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 pm
Mothette
On recruiting members, I think we (the TF) need an official list of people that have said no, so we don't accidentally pester them to join again and again.

This is a great idea!

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 pm
Mothette
On recruiting members, I think we (the TF) need an official list of people that have said no, so we don't accidentally pester them to join again and again.

This is a great idea!

agreed! welcome crystal!

so we need to make this happen. why not just use one of the posts on the first page?? we can just edit that every now and then when one of you posts the name in this thread.

everything else, i will look at later xd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:32 pm
in. Ok crystal I do happen to agree with what you are saying. The generator would be a good idea. Maybe we could have some sort of valentines banner contest? I could earn some money for the winner and I think a lot of people would like it.

As for the articles I know this amazing recipe for butter beer that is to die for. I could also do horoscopes so I am on that right now.

tealflower1928

tealflower1928

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:38 pm
out  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 pm
Signing in.  

Insatiable Design

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:08 pm
Mothette

Lana: For pairing up for the ball a quiz seems a little not-random-pairing to me. If we really want it to be random, we could have people sign up to attend the ball at the beginning of the event, use a random number generator to pair people up, and begin with the clues a day or two later. Signing up would mean less chance of inactive partners, using a rng will mean we can concentrate on clues instead of quizzes.

Signing in.

I did say it was random, the quiz is just for us, so we can give out clues.

I said it was random twice, the quiz is just for clues.

So we need a quiz so we can give out hints and clues.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:11 pm
I don't get it.  

Insatiable Design

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:33 pm
OKay, you know how they have to guess the partner with clues we give them?

Well where do we get the clues, if we don't know the people?

idea We can do a quiz!

Then we know a bit about the people,

Then we can give clues.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:36 pm
Signing out.  

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:40 pm
But, if we have to use a quiz to get the information to make the clues, how will the partners know that the clue relates to their partner? Are we going to post everyone's quiz answers for everyone to see, like on the first/second page or something?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm
hey! did someone answer my questions from before?? i must be off because if they're there I don't see them.

IceeWitch

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:16 pm
Do you mean...
IceeWitch
Okay,
general details are needed.

What are the dates for this [proposed] event?

Are you guys going to require Mod Help? If so, what?
....these questions?

Lana answered that we're good on mod help.

However the dates question is unanswered except for the vague "around Valentine's day" bit. I'm concerned about it, as it's only a little more than 2 weeks away. Imo, if we can get things worked out in time, I think it should start 1-3 days before the 14th and last between 1-2 weeks.

Also the event would be starting somewhere in the middle of early sorting. If a person's house is part of the quiz or we have house competitions we'll need to work out a few kinks there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:01 pm
Ambria: I really love the idea of a banner contest, I'm just not so sure how many members will really be up for it. Banners usually take a good chunk of time to make and not everyone is going to be so hot on Valentine's themes in general.

Heyyy idea exclaim What about an avi contest? With a twist. Instead of individual entries, only one entry per house! Participants could work out the details of their house entry in their common rooms & the Giggling Pear and have their HoH, DHoH or Prefect submit it. Judging could be similar, each house gets one vote for winner & can't vote for themselves. The prize would be house points & a nice little trophy (so elves aren't left out on the win.) What do you guys think?

Insatiable Design

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:32 pm
Signing out.  
The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items