Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Which god/goddess to you follow worship? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spring-heeled Jill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:07 pm
EternalHearts
kagirinai_Kisu

Sorry I havent replied in a while... but um
well I don't really much care where Isis wasfrom or whos goddess she is.. she's mine..and I like how things turn out better when I trust in her.. Idisagree with a buncha things RW says but....on the subject of faith and acceptance..i agree with her.. I have my own lil alter and say my own daily prayers and it suits me fine smile ...

No one's saying you have to become Kemetic or anything like that, but you should know about your goddess. Faith and acceptance is one thing, blind follownig is another. Paganism, in any form, does not come out of a book. One does not pick a diety, or even a pantheon that sounds the "nicest" or "coolest" and become an insta-witch/wiccan/recon/whathaveyou. The only way you can advance in a religion, ANY religion, is through study and devotion.

that's good advice. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:36 pm
Kia of the dominions
EternalHearts
kagirinai_Kisu

well I don't really much care where Isis wasfrom or whos goddess she is.. she's mine..and I like how things turn out better when I trust in her.. Idisagree with a buncha things RW says but....on the subject of faith and acceptance..i agree with her.. I have my own lil alter and say my own daily prayers and it suits me fine smile ...

No one's saying you have to become Kemetic or anything like that, but you should know about your goddess. Faith and acceptance is one thing, blind follownig is another. Paganism, in any form, does not come out of a book. One does not pick a diety, or even a pantheon that sounds the "nicest" or "coolest" and become an insta-witch/wiccan/recon/whathaveyou. The only way you can advance in a religion, ANY religion, is through study and devotion.

I'm glad someone thinks so. It's too bad that the person this was directed at seems to have left the discussion. I hope she can lose some of that newbie ignorance in time.  

EternalHearts

Spring-heeled Jill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:13 pm
EternalHearts
Kia of the dominions
EternalHearts
kagirinai_Kisu

I'm glad someone thinks so. It's too bad that the person this was directed at seems to have left the discussion. I hope she can lose some of that newbie ignorance in time.

well, at least shes here at the rehab center instead of a fulffy guild. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:09 pm
EternalHearts
Nuri
You probably know this, but the greek Chaos is what spurned creation, it means a "Yawning Void"

And I'm sure you've looked into Discordianism as well, but if you haven't, you might find it interesting.

I adore your sig! Well, the one with the Helenic items spelling out your name.

Thank you! Manhatten made that for me. Its supposed to be things that make me Nuri. And it does an excellent job of that.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:30 am
sweatdrop I just realized I never answered the initial question.

I'm Asatru, meaning I worship the Norse gods. My lore is primarily from the Poetic Edda, but I'm trying to look more into Saxo's History of the Danes because of my Danish heritage. I use three translations of the Eddas and one of Saxo's History of the Danes. I am closest to Odin and Loki, and I have a soft spot for Saga, Eir, and Sif. I am trying to develop relationships with all of the gods, though, as I feel the context and family of my gods is important.

I'm part of a local Kindred and we meet monthly. I'm also in the process of gathering information on the runes from a wide variety of sources (except for the gaping maw of suck which is Ralph Blume) and putting it together on the 'net along with my own interpretations.

My relationship with Odin is an old one, harkening back to early college. My relationship with Loki is much newer. I relate to these gods, and many of hte others, as family more than as objects of reverence; to me, Odin is like a father and Loki like an older brother.

I've lately been focused on getting in touch with Frigga and the landvaettir (land spirits, roughly) through taking more care with my living space and tending to my plants and animals. It's very much outside the inclinations of my nature, but I'm finding it valuable.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:58 pm
Hmmm... this looks like a good place to make a first impression blaugh

I'm a rather unique fellow - some might classify me as "Mormon Gnostic Hellene," considering I'm in the process of analyzing all three. From what I've learned in the process, the origins of Judeo-Christianity lie directly in a proto-Indo-European pantheon which ultimately spawned a number of other religious constructions, including the Hellene, Hebrew, and Hittite pantheons.

However, what interests me at this time is comparing the genealogical accounts of Genesis with the various genealogies in the Hellenist tradition. A number of similar constructions such as recurrences of the number "twelve", a Grandfather-Father-Son triad, and strikingly similar titles for cross-pantheon deities.

As for which "gods" I worship, derived solely from the Hellenic pantheon, would be Zeus, Dionysus, and Hermes, which loosely corresponds to the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost" triad in Christianity. However, considering a whole mess with "Adam-God theory" in early Mormonism, untangling the mess of Christian theology isn't going to be entirely easy, especially since Zeus is more akin to Adam Michael than to Elohim (God the Father), at least in my mind.

All in all, I come across with the opinion that Christianity should be taken as a tight-knit polytheist religious construct rather than as an absolute monotheist. It seems to work better than the mysticist crap that gets strewn about in a vain attempt to make God less "confusing" sweatdrop  

Boxy

dark_reki

Dapper Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:15 pm
As I said in my intro, I have been reading a lot about Celtic Paganism and their pantheon Gods. I don't follow any particular Celtic Gods, I tend to call upon the one/s who are appropriate for the time.

the really odd thing is that, although I am very drawn to the Celts, and can't get away from it. My unspoken name is Greek....lol, But my craft name is Celtic. So I guess my names reflect the path I walk, a little eclectic...lol

But I'd say 99% is Celtic smile

Blessings

Cerri heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:14 pm
I'm Aes Denai, or "those who would be Aos Dana".

Aes Denai is a rather unusual denegration of Aos Dana in Irish, especially since it ignores the Caol le Caol ruling on constanonts and vowels.

I am a Celtic Recon born and raised in Ireland.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:17 pm
Reagun Ban
I'm Aes Denai, or "those who would be Aos Dana".

Aes Denai is a rather unusual denegration of Aos Dana in Irish, especially since it ignores the Caol le Caol ruling on constanonts and vowels.

I am a Celtic Recon born and raised in Ireland.

*is Jealous*

I'm ... nothing. And born & raised in USA. Stupid USA.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:05 am
I was chosen by the Goddess Bast. She came to me in a dream. I was talking to my spirit guide and he led me to her. When I looked at her she kept changing form a great golden cat, to a women with a cats head, to a women with black hair. It seemed that I was in a trance becaue they spoke to eachother but i don't remember what was said only that he was supposed to bring me to her.

When I woke up I knew I had to find out more about her.....but there is like not much on her. The only site I found on her just said what she wasn't, not what she was. I have always loved cats and sometimes act like a cat so having Bast as my patren goddess feels right.

I also follow the Goddess and God. I tend to work with them more than Bast because I don't know much about her. I also want to learn more about Celtic gods and goddess because I recently found out I'm part scotish (sp?)

If any one knows where I can find info I would really appreciate it. ^-^  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:37 pm
I'm studying Asatru, yet I don't practice. Well...kind of. I've never attended blots or anything of the like, although I have offered wine to the Gods (albeit in a very unformal (informal?) way sweatdrop ) and I do pray quite often, mostly to Frigga and Odin.

Frigga will, when I come around to being ready to practice and join a Kindred, most likely be the Goddess I'll be closest to, and I'm considering becoming a dedicant of hers. I read of her almost daily, and the feeling of euphoria I get when offering prayers to her is amazing. I really feel a strong connection to her, and I can't explain for the life of me why (we're nothing alike, from what I've read--I have a lot more reading to do, though). I suppose that'll unfold with time.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:48 pm
Neko_Bast
If any one knows where I can find info I would really appreciate it. ^-^

From www.kemet.org (one of the links in the links sticky at the top of the forum):
Quote:
Bast (Ubasti; G/R Bastet, Bubastis) - "Devouring Lady" (from bas, to devour, with feminine ending); One of the earliest-documented Names with an appearance in Dynasty II, Bast is first and foremost a protectress; specifically of the royal house and the Two Lands. During Dynasty IV, She was a patron-Name of Lower Kemet, paired with Hethert as a patron-Name of Upper Kemet, as Wadjet and Nekhbet are often depicted in later times; the Valley Temple of the Pyramid of Khafra at modern-day Giza next to the Sphinx had a "Portal of Bast" as well as statues of Bast in the company of the king. Over time, Bast's image metamorphosed to become more similar to that of Hethert; eventually, into the Greek period, She would be equated with the virgin huntress Artemis and considered the protectress of children and pregnant mothers, musicians and a goddess of all sorts of excess, especially sexual excess. However, Bast's original visage did not include the "cat as sex symbol" archetype. (Incidentally, it is also from the Greeks that the erroneous belief in Bast as a daughter of Aset and Wesir derives; Bast as Artemis had to have a twin brother, Apollo (equated with Heru-sa-Aset by the Greeks).) A play on words in Bast's name resulted in Her being equated in Greco-Roman times with the "soul of Isis" (ba-Aset), probably in keeping with Aset's gradual syncretism into the Roman Isis of Ten Thousand Names.

The site looks pretty good for Kemetic reconstruction if you want to look into it. If you are truly drawn to Bast perhaps you should consider a Kemetic path. However, the Ancient Egyptians did not have a Wiccan Goddess and God.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Heh... worship. Not so much. Work with? That's a different story. I mostly work with Slavic and Domari gods- though I have been on friendly terms with the AEsir in the past.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:46 pm
Hrm... Not believing in conscious Gods as such would make them rather hard to worship. Well, for me anyway. I believe in archetypal energy forms. I also believe in thought forms that have been given so much energy through belief from their followers that they are understood to be Gods and can wield quite a lot of power. Not quite the same thing though. When I used to work with deity I was a dedicant of Apollo. I have a pendent I wear in the shape of a sun with a beautiful piece of sunstone in the centre. Now I no longer believe in Apollo, but the pendent has taken on new meaning and is even more precious than it was before.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:12 pm
missmagpie
Hrm... Not believing in conscious Gods as such would make them rather hard to worship. Well, for me anyway. I believe in archetypal energy forms. I also believe in thought forms that have been given so much energy through belief from their followers that they are understood to be Gods and can wield quite a lot of power. Not quite the same thing though. When I used to work with deity I was a dedicant of Apollo. I have a pendent I wear in the shape of a sun with a beautiful piece of sunstone in the centre. Now I no longer believe in Apollo, but the pendent has taken on new meaning and is even more precious than it was before.
~hissssssss~ Pantheists...  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces