Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

New Members {New to the guild? Introduce yourself here} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nemitta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:16 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
You don't sound all that weird to me. eek We need some of your upbeatness in our guild. By the way, welcome!! And yes, we'll definitely be praying for you. Porphria is like that disease that the kids had in that movie "The Others," right? Man, that would suck; I hope all goes well for you. heart

Yes that one of the types, I don't have that thank the Lord! I was doing some research on all my symptoms and that's what came up, there isn't much being done about it, not many websites and stuff. Thank you for saying I'm not wierd! 4laugh That makes me so happy biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:20 pm
Hello fellow believers! I am Micah [my real name is Jess, but I despise that name. It's wayyyyyyy too popular and I like to be unique..so I disregard it whenever I can; therefore, I go by Micah..which is the name of my favorite prophet (one of them anyway, I have so many favs!)]. I spend a lot of free time on Gaia/surfing the net. I love discovering new Christian bands and transfering music from cds to my Zen Creative [nope, no ipod for me..but this is a pretty good mp3 player]. I dabble with my guitar, but I haven't really learned how to officially play yet. I only drink diet drinks made with splenda and water [or unsweetened tea which I sweeten with splenda]. I'm not a health nut, but I do try and make healthy decisions. I love to learn/study whenever there's time and quiet. I like to have intelligent conversations. I like to debate [within reason; no flaming]. I love music [Christian music pretty much]...I'm going off to college in the fall and I'll more than likely be majoring in Mass Communications. Hopefully, I'll be able to do something within the Christian music industry later on.
I am the owner of Not of This World: A Christian Music Guild. I hope you all come over and take a look and if you like it, I hope you join. We're renovating it right now, but we're always open for suggestions on how to make the guild better. I love making new friends, so just send me a PM or something if you wish to talk.
I want to thank you in for constructing a steady guild, that looks as if it's really founded on the foundations of Christ. It's inspiring.

Much love to each and every one of you<3

Acoustic Ambience

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:28 pm
4laugh Welcome to the guild! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:35 am
Hello. You may call me Agape (Agape means love in Greek). I'm 16. And, I hope to make lots of friends and learn lots of more things about my Father.  

[agape]

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:59 pm
Welcomg to the guild, Agape. I like your Gaia name. You've definitely come to the right place for both of those things. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:20 am
Um...my real name is Jacy (pronounced Jaysee), I'm fifteen, and really me joining this guild came about from me going to church camp with a friend for a week. I mean, I've always believed in God and such, it was what everyone there called, "A spiritual high." 3nodding

Really, there've been a lot of things I don't understand about my religion, and that's another reason I'm here. My dad always tells me that my relationship with God is between ONLY myself and God, so I've never felt the need to ask anyone about it. But I'm going to now. I don't like being confused.  

Socks-the-Kitsune

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:16 pm
Your relationship with God is between you and God, but that doesn't mean you can't seek advice and help in how to strengthen that relationship. I'm glad you came here, and I know we'll help you to the best of our ability so that you can make the most of your walk with Christ. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:07 pm
Mkay, I'm Liz (obviously). I'm seventeen and um... United Methodist if that's at all important. Hahaha. I'm very active in my church and I'm hoping to get a youth internship my senior year! I'm in choir, praise band, youth group etc. Recently got back from a mission trip... hooray! My other love is theatre and my goal is to become a theatre major and work on Broadway. If that doesn't work out for me or if I get sick of theatre, I'm gonna be a youth minister at a church.  

freelance lover
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:13 pm
Welcome to the guild! I had a friend who wanted to be on Broadway one day- she gave up and changed her mind to cosmetology. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:17 pm
Hey everyone.

My name is Christina, I'm 15 years old ( turning 16 in July. ) I enjoy listening to music, reading, writing, gaming, and skating ( rollerskating, and I'm learning how to skateboard.) Umm...I do other things besides what's listed, but those are the things that have popped into my head.

Growing up, my family did go to church every Sunday, though I never actually took any of it seriously, and I will admit to even falling asleep during services, because I basically didn't care, and just found them boring. After a while, I began to doubt the existance of God, and felt that it was stupid to even believe in what you couldn't see. I was always saying "What if?" , and chose to just leave the religion scene altogether, though I never called myself an atheist.

Whenever my sister ( who is 5 years younger than me ) would bring up the subject, I'd get upset and just say I don't want to talk about it, or use my little "What if?" line.

It was only after I went to a concert sponsored by a Christian club in my school that I decided to go to one of their meetings. Of course, I didn't know that that one decision would change my entire life. ( dramallama OMG Lyfechangeng! )

After going to the first meeting, I found out about this five day retreat that was going to be held during the Summer, and was offered a chance to get a scholarship and go for free. I took up the offer since I had nothing better to do, and figured it might be pretty interesting.

During that retreat, I met a bunch of cool people who helped me out, and finally decided to give my life to Christ.

xd Now, I actually want to go to church every Sunday, and spend as much time as possible doing random activities there. I'm not afraid to talk about God ( though I'm not all that knowledgeable at the moment ), and my attitude about everything has pretty much changed.

Sooo that little story is what brought me here. I figured I should find people who share my newfound beliefs on Gaia, and now you guys are lucky enough to say that you know me. ( ^^; just kidding. I'm not that vain )  

Lady of Serenity

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:14 pm
Wow. I got goosebumps reading that. That's so amazing~!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:58 am
biggrin  

OnoBoei

Christ_Owns

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:07 pm
Hey, I'm Christ_Owns, aka Donnie. I am a 14, (15 in december! Winter baby whee ) And I am going into Highschool as a Freshman this year in Carlsbad California! Whoot! I Have a Passion for God, s.c.u.b.a. Diving, skate boarding, skating, biking, mountain boarding, rock climbing, swimming, *Continues to ramble on about everything* Writing, Drawing, Doing Jr. Guards (I finished the Military level of Jr. Guards! Yay! Did it on Camp Pendelton) and playing in the church band.

For those of you who don't know what SCUBA Diving is, it is, Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus. Mom is a Master SCUBA Instructor, so you know why I swim alot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:11 pm
Welcome, Donnie! Haha, I knew what SCUBA stood for; I took Oceanography in high school. How about SONAR? I know it's Sound Navigation And Something. Don't remember what the R stands for. confused  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

XCelestialStarX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:42 pm
Hello, to all of my brothers and sisters in Christ! 4laugh

My name is Kristin, but people tend to call me Kris. I'm 16 years old, 17 in August, and about to be a senior in high school..and I live in wonderfully boring Southeast Texas. Christ has held my heart for years now, I grew up in a mildly Christian family, but we didn't go to church a lot, save Easter and some special occasion that we were invited. So, I claimed to believe in Christ, but I had my doubts.

From the time that I was in third grade, I was different. I began, for some unknown reason, to pull out my eyebrows and eyelashes. Noone knew why, and mom didn't notice till I had, quite literally, NO eyebrows whatsoever. It was bad.. and it only got worse. It progressed to me pulling my own hair out, and we didn't know what to do. Then one doy mom figured it out by researching online; I had a disease called Trichotillomania. (Pronounced trick-oh-till-oh-mane-ee-uh.) It wasn't fatal, but it simply was an OCD disorder that meant that I pulled out my own hair without realizing I did it. Some chemical imbalance in my brain, or something of the such.. and it meant that I didn't feel my hair getting ripped out as much as a normal kid would. I'd go into a trance-like state, and snap out of it to find pieces of hair littered all around me. I stopped with the eyebrows and eyelashes around 5th grade, but the hair pulling was worse than ever. People would call me names, ask me if I shaved my eyebrows, etc.. It was humiliating. I had no friends.. Then, during 5th grade, it go so bad that I had, quite literally, a big bald hole in the middle of my head. People laughed, called me baldy, and said I had a blowhole. I dealt with hairpieces, every medicine in the book, but it just got worse. I had to manipulate my hair in ways so that people wouldn't see the bald spots.. and it was difficult. But then.. one day.. I was in the library in the morning, (I've always been a bookworm, I hid my nose in books) and a Bullpup Believers meeting was going on. I listened, and they were talking about God. The message that day touched me in ways I can't describe, and for the first time in years, I prayed. I prayed to God, bawling, that something would give, that somehow my life would get better. And it did. The pulling got less and less, we found ways to stop it, and my hair began growing out. It got to me praying every day, and though I had no friends, I had the ultimate Friend, and my family to support me. I was so happy.. and I learned to love life again. But one day in seventh grade, I made a friend, and he is still, to this day, my best friend. Now, almost 10 years after it started, I love my life, I have friends, and I'm involved in choir and am in the show choir at my school. I wouldn't dream, not even on my worst days, of suicide, and my hair at the middle which I battled with for my whole life is several inches long, and for the first time, I'm becoming able to have more than 2 hairstyles. God is so good to me. And whereas I used to beg God, ask Him why it had to be me with this awful disease, now I finally understand. All the pain I suffered, all the ridicule, all that it did was make me stronger than normal people. The moment I was able to forgive those that made fun of me, my life was almost perfect compared to previous years. To this day, I stay faithful to God as He stays faithful to me. I have a bright future (that is, if I don't mess it up!) and will hopefully get into a great college to begin my ultimate journey. Someday I want to be a writer.

Wow, this ended up more than I had intended to post.. but I thought that sharing my own story would perhaps inspire others. =) Anyway, I'm glad to have been accepted to this guild, and hope to wear this badge of honor proudly in this highly-atheistic Gaia.

~Kris

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff