Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
***Please don't post in here*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which diet has been most effective for you?
  Atkin's diet
  South beach diet
  Weight Watchers
  Counting calories
  Good ol' fashioned hard work and strict exercise!
  Other.
View Results

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:51 am
Stars in my Pocket
Be sure you're taking a multivitamin!

You want to eat EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE while you're on your period 'cause your metabolism goes into overdrive - if you can resist, you're using that to your advantage for extra calorie burn. (: If you eat extra though, it mostly gets burned off, so as long as you're semi-moderate about it, no worries. <33

wow, really? that's really useful! i'm going to(attempt to, lol) use that next time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:01 am
Thursday, September 2nd, 2010

Today's intake:

•1 over easy egg topped with light mozzarella cheese
•1 white flour tortilla
•2 slices of cheese pizza
•large spinach salad with a vinaigrette dressing. 
•7 stuffed grape leaves
•small piece of dark chocolate

Just a rant:
My PE class is tomorrow. I've only exercised twice this week.....but ive been on my period this whole time and feel hungry and a little tired too. I wonder if I gained or lost weight. I've been eating out too much at Toppers Pizza and Uptown Pizza, but usually salads....so I really don't know. I guess I'll see on Saturday. Good thing I walk tomorrow.

Oh! I got SOOO freaking lucky yesterday when I skipped chemistry. Apparently class was cancelled, so I didn't miss any new material and the hw is due next week! YES! I got super lucky.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:40 am
I just weighed myself outta curiosity to see if I gained, but I didn't gain, thank goodness. So I'm still at 189.0.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:00 am
Friday: September 3rd 2010

Today's intake:

•1 over easy egg with light mozzarella cheese
•1 white flour tortilla
•13 stuffed grape leaves (total thru out the day)
•turkey wrap made with 1 flat bread, 3 slices of turkey, lettuce, 2 slices of tomatoes, 2 tbsp of olives, light mayo
•small piece of dark chocolate
•small caramel latte from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
•handful of raw unsalted almonds 

Today's outtake:

•sped walked 1.75 miles (7 laps) in 30 mins in PE class

Just a rant: I only got to walk twice this week, I highly doubt I lost any weight considering yesterday I was still at 189, I seriously thought I had gained weight, so I'm so glad I didn't gain. Tomorrow morning is weigh in for me so hopefully I either lost or maintained. Also, I really need to remember to eat fruits and keep my metabolism up by eating in between meals.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 am
Saturday, September 4th, 2010

Today's intake: 

•14 stuffed grape leaves (total thru out the day)
•half a small pita with Helva (vanilla flavor)
•half a chicken pesto calzone
•small salad with vinegarette dressing
•2 small pieces of dark chocolate. 

Today's outtake: 

•30 mins of easy walking around the park.

Just a rant:
I forgot to weigh myself yesterday morning because I over slept and woke up hungry. I'll try to remember to wake up early tomorrow or wait till next Saturday after all the walking and hopefully, running of that week.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 am
Are you satisfied with eating just a few blocks of chocolate? When I have a little, I feel like I must always have more. Portion control is a constant struggle.

That stuffed grape leaves dish reminds me of Russian food... stuffed cabbage leaves ('galoobche'), stuffed capsicum... mmm. Not exactly weight-loss-friendly, though.  

Sunsway

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:21 am
What do grape leaves taste like? I've never had one, but they sound really good! I've seen them in jars and such, and stuffing them sounds delicious!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:29 am
End of week 8

I forgot to weigh myself yesterday and Saturday but I just weighed myself this morning (a few mins ago) and I lost 2 lbs! I'm now 187.0. 4laugh so happy!!! My diet is working! heart I was 197 3 days before starting this diet which means I've lost 10 lbs! Imagine if I walked and ran 6 days a week....I could lose weight and not worry about food all the time. I really need to continue the c25k on dats I don't walk at school.....and on walking days, I could add an extra mile and a half with Tipsy. Like today, it's a holiday so no school, normally it would be a walking day so I want to try and get at least 3 miles in 1 hour.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 am
Sunday, September 5th, 2010

Today's intake:

•8 stuffed grape leaves. 
•turkey sandwich made with 3 turkey slices, 2 slices of tomato, avocado, mayo, light mozzarella cheese, and 2 white slices of bread. 
•small amount of tortilla chips. 
•small piece of dark chocolate. 
•small handful of soy energy blend nuts
•small amount of pot roast (maybe about 4 or 5 oz) and mashed potatoes. 
•1/2 of a home made cookie. 

Just a rant:
I'm having a bad habit of waiting till I'm starving before I finally eat......not good! I'm probably screwing up my metabolism. And I'm stressing about homework and school and not having enough time to run/walk outside of school. 

And about wanting a vegetarian diet....obviously it's a little tough right now because I keep eating turkey.

(edit) My mom cooked that pot roast yesterday but when we were at the grocery store buying the stuff, she actually asked me if I would eat it if she bought that, which means if I said no, then she would have probably bought something else....how rude would that have been though, if I said no? Of course, I said that I would eat it. I would feel so bad trying to make her buy separate foods just for me when she has an entire family to worry about and feed. I could easily have made a garden burger for myself or something, but that's rude because I don't want to give her the impression that I don't like her cooking. I LOVE her cooking! So yea, the veg diet will just have to wait until I move out. Until then, as long as I'm losing weight, then it's fine by me.

Also, I heard that usually, the first 10 pounds are water weight, and they are the easiest to lose and easiest to gain...so I have to be careful and improve my exercising and eat more fruits....we have them in the fridge, I just have to open the drawer...haha.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:41 am
Monday, September 6th, 2010

Today's intake:

•1 over easy egg. 
•1 white flour tortilla
• cooked bell peppers and olives wrapped in aluminum foil in a toaster oven
•raspberry tea
•about 5 oz of pot roast with mashed potatoes. 
•3 fish nuggets (boneless ad skinless) with broccoli and cauliflower. 
•grilled cheese sandwich (2 white slices of bread, mozzarella cheese)

Today's outtake:

•walked 3 miles in 54 mins.   

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sunsway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 pm
Oh, congrats! 10 lbs is a milestone.

I have similar feelings about my mom's cooking -- she'd be supportive if I decided to go vegetarian, but I feel guilty turning away from her food after she worked at the stove all day.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 am
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010

Today's intake:
•1 over easy egg. 
•1 white flour tortilla. 
•steamed veggies (bell peppers, olives, broccoli and cauliflower). 
•1 slice of tomato. 
•about 4-6 oz of pot roast.
•2 scoops of mashed potatoes. (not large scoops or anything, pretty normal size)
•small spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
•small veggie calzone with light cheese and light sauce

Today's outtake:

•completed week 1 day 2 of C25K with Matthew. He started it so we decided to run together. I'll resume week 3 on Thursday.   

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:58 am
Wednesday, September 8th, 2010

Today's intake:

•peanut butter protein bar
•4-6 oz of pot roast with mashed potatoes. 
•1/2 veggie sandwich with no mayo, no dressing, no cheese, and light Dijon sauce. 
•large salad with ranch (only ate half)

Today's outtake:

•sped walked 1.5 miles in PE class in 30 minutes. 

Just a rant: I keep forgetting to take a multivitamin in the morning so I've been tired and craving weird foods. Not to mention, I didn't get a chance to walk Tipsy today so I didn't do the extra mile and a half I had planned. Today in PE class, I saw this lady running. She was running the entire 30 mins at a fast speed! She was RIPPED! Like muscular and toned and perfectly shaped! I bet she was a professional athlete or something because the way she was running.....it was like she was training for something hard core. Such a motivation. I was watching her run and instead of feeling down on myself for not being able to that, I looked up to her. I'm gonna do that someday. I'm gonna lose the weight and run till it's comfortable. She was an inspiration to me. 

More ranting......didn't do so well on the math test.....I was 2 points from a passing grade. But she is giving us a chance to make up 10 points which will easily put me in the passing range. I didn't walk extra today because I was caught up in the library doing some math hw and studying for a chemistry test for tomorrow morning......chemistry feels SOOO much easier than my math class......that's kinda ridiculous. 

Oh, and I was pulled over by a cop tonight. Ugh.....
[/end rant]  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:32 am
Thursday,  September 9th, 2010

Today's intake:

•egg cheese sandwich made with, 2 slices of white bread, mozzarella cheese, and 1 over easy egg. 
•about 4-5 oz of left over pot roast
•turkey bologna sandwich made with 2 white slices of bread, very light mayo, 2 turkey slices, lettuce, and 1&1/2 slices of tomato. 
• garden burger with provolone cheese, lettuce, slice of tomato, and more veggies with a white bun
•wheat bagel with light cream cheese, and kalmata olives. 

Just a rant:
I was running late this morning, and I thought I was going to miss my chemistry test, but I was only 5 minutes late. I think I did good. There were only a few questions I had trouble on, but over all, I don't think I got lower than a B-. I know I did much better than the math test. I was also in a hurry this morning so I didn't get to eat veggies with my breakfast. 

Also, I didn't get a chance to run or walk today. It's ok though, tomorrow in school I will, and I'll try to do extra walking too when I come home.   

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:34 am
Friday, September 10, 2010

Today's intake:

•turkey sandwich made with very light mayo, 2 turkey slices, 1&1/2 slices of tomato
•lean cuisine-beef stir fry
•small handful of non fat pretzels. 
•small bottle of sunny delight orange juice (11.3 oz)
•small bag of fritos potato chips
•1 strawberry dipped in chocolate (from rocky mtn)
•a piece of red candy (from rocky mtn)
•half a strip of sugary sour candy (from rocky mtn)
•white rice with chili beans
•small square piece of dark chocolate 

Today's outtake:

•walked 1.75 miles in PE class in 30 mins

Just a rant:
Wow....I ate a lot today...And I didn't even get to walk the extra mile and a half or run either yesterday or today...  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff