Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pokemon League of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Pokemon Trading, Gyms, League, & Tournaments. (via Wi-Fi) [Free to Join] 

Tags: Pokemon, Trading, Battling, Pocket Monster, TPLoG 

Reply TPLoG Main Forum
Chatting/Battles/Trades....Anything you want Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 pm
I'm thinking the IP that her DS is picking up is being used by something else.

I'd try setting up a static IP  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:28 pm
I have no idea how to do that, also I have problems when trying to battle online in battle revolution , any ideas?  

xLive Freex

Ruthless Hunter

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 pm
It's not too difficult. From the game's main menu (before you load your character) There's a choice called "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection settings. Pick that.

Then you'll see two choices, Nintendo Wi-Fi connection settings, and Options. Pick the first one.

Then you'll see 3 more choices, they should either say Ready, or None. Pick one that says None. After that screen switches over, you'll have that search for an access point, AOSS, and Manual Setup. Pick Manual Setup.

Now from there, you'll need to go into your PC, access the command prompt window (if you're on XP, open up the start menu, pick run, type in cmd) If you're on 7, type in cmd in the search bar in the start menu.

After you get access to the command prompt window, you'll need to type in ipconfig
That will bring up all the information you'll need for setting up a static IP.

Other information you'll need, will be the SSID(that's the name you assigned your wireless router) it's WEP key (that's the password to access it)

Now, once you have the IP of the gateway(that's the router) and the computer, you'll also want to take note of how many devices are accessing that same network. Let's say 4... The IP that you're going to assign needs to be higher than 4. Like say...125 or something of that sort. It doesn't need to be so high, but you want to make sure that any other devices won't take that IP.

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 pm
I'm sorry if that's a load to read...it's actually a lot easier than it looks.  

Arcanas

Hunter

xLive Freex

Ruthless Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:48 pm
I'm not sure how to find the wep key and ssid, but on mine it automatically connected and found them for me, on her's she can connect and has full bars but when she tried to contact my character in the wifi room it get disconnected, is that the same problem or is that something different?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:56 pm
Well, IF you do have a WEP on your router, you should have written it down somewhere...unless someone else set up your wireless network?

It should also be on the router's website.

As for the problem, do you happen to get an error code after the disconnect?

Oh, to get the router's website you type in the gateway usually 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.

The SSID is the name of the router... If you pick to search automatically, it will give you a bunch of access points, and each of those points will have a name. That's the SSID.  

Arcanas

Hunter

xLive Freex

Ruthless Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 pm
Well I can't find any of her info until I go over there, so I'll have to see if I can figure that out.

However even though I can connect my ds and battle people no problem, when I try to battle online with the Wii I'd say about 75% of the time I get an error that logs me off when searching for an opponent.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 pm
Well, I'm not sure about the Wii, since I don't have one...^_^  

Arcanas

Hunter

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:12 pm
Oh yeah, I added you, poketrainer and Momo to my Pal Pad.

But I think I'm gonna head out for the night...kinda sleepy lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:14 pm
Alright thanks for the help, I'll see if it works. Night!  

xLive Freex

Ruthless Hunter

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:14 pm
Sure thing. I'll catch you guys tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 am
Well I'm going to bed now, I did some re-editing to my Trainer Card, what do you guys think? Any ideas for it?

Well G'night!  

xLive Freex

Ruthless Hunter

xLive Freex

Ruthless Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:24 am
Just made something else ^^

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:06 pm
Hey everyone, I'm gonna be away for the weekend but I'm not leaving till about 9/10ish tonight

But if anyone wants to get a hold of me for a battle or anything like that just send me an IM (it goes to my phone) or txt me 8456998595  

xLive Freex

Ruthless Hunter

jonathan nitro

Hilarious Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm
User Imagei catch him in the woods  
TPLoG Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]