Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:54 pm
I have no idea why it's been locked. I will unlock it for you alright.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:33 pm
Angilwingz
I have no idea why it's been locked. I will unlock it for you alright.
Thank you very much biggrin  

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:50 am
Yay a new term! What is happening with the elves?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:14 am
I'm posting my application aswell as pming it...should it be pm to Ruby...since she's leaving?

Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? I've been here since last june.

2. How many posts have you made? 421

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes and I have done all my homework, except one lesson in History of Magic sweatdrop
4. Class you are applying for: Ancient Runes. I will also teach Cooking and Cleaning for House Evles again if no one else will.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Professor Alasse Anwamane. User Name: Celestial Archer

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I had fun teaching the house elves last term and I'd like to help broaden the students minds aswell.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) For Cooking & Cleaning(House Elves) I will continue where I left off. For Ancient Runes I will have three classes one for First and Second years, one for Third years and one for Fourth and Fifth years(if we have any fifth years)

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) I think most of you know me, but I can get references if you absolutely need them.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I'm fimilar with the house elve now. Also for Ancient Runes I have travelled quite a bit and seen may places and now a lot of history about old building.

10. Anything else you would like to add: Ancient Runes hasn't been thought here for awhile.

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Demarest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:22 am
I'm wondering if we'll hear the results of our re-applications to be teachers. The new term should start (I guess) right after the new sortings on January 8th. Not long after that I have plans to post a new lesson for the new semester. Isn't January 8th next Monday?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:36 pm
It's next Sunday...

I'll try to announce next terms teachers on Friday,
but I think I'm going to be busy, as I'm going back to Washington on Saturday,
So, if you don't see it here on Friday, then I'm really sorry...
But I promise that it will go up by next Monday...
You may then re-set your threads
(you can either make a whole new thread,
or ask a mod to delete all the old posts...)
And you can open your classes up for addmission after Wednesday the 11th...
But please don't post any lessons until the first day of term,
which will be the 16th...

Now, about applications...
I've recived 3 re-applicants and one new applicant:
Re-applicants-
Lizzieangel (Arithancy)
Demarest (History of Magic)
Celestial Archer (Cooking and Cleaning for House Elves)

New Applicant-
Celestial Archer (Ancient Runes<-no previous teacher)

I'd be willing to hire all of them...
And if I hear no objections
then I'll add them to my hiered list that I'm going to make...
If anyone thinks someone shouldn't be made a teacher
and they don't want to post it here,
they may PM me with their thoughts.

And That's all the time I have for today!
Bye guys!

KTweirdchick

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:44 am
That sounds good to me KT biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:19 pm
Oh...I need to re-apply. I almost forgot.  

Angilwingz

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:32 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
I'm not entirely sure. Let's see, I think umm.....a year, give or take a little or a lot. xp

2. How many posts have you made?
Um. confused A lot. A lot a lot. 3nodding
Edit: I checked, I have 2361 posts as of right now.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes. But not last term because I had my own class and a lot of responsibilities already.
4. Class you are applying for:
Muggle Studies.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Angil Storm Teneviel

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
Because it's fun. And I know I can handle it and enjoy it.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
See current classroom. If you let me teach again, I promise to update the lesson a little more often, but I wanted to give ample time for everyone to do their homework (because not a lot of it came in) and also with the guild cleanup and hosting halloween event and becoming Slytherin mod I had a lot of initial setup and gruntwork that took priority. Also I like to have the homework posted in my classroom because it's good to have for referance and is more convenient for both students and myself.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
KT. She has on several occasions said she trusted me and Pinkie gave me mod status. Enough said.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Nothing. I'm sure anything I have someone else has. But I'm applying for Muggle studies, and they aren't. xp
Edit: I thought of something. I am the only guild member who wasn't properly accepted. My original application was declined so I hounded Pinkie for about a month until I was accepted.

10. Anything else you would like to add:
I have a pet lizard. She's a water dragon. Her name is Amaru, which is completely irrelevant to this application.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:18 am
Can we choose to leave our thread as it is? The archived lessons are already in there, and it will take a while to remake it. I know my thread doesn't have that many pages, so I'd like to leave it as is.  

Demarest

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:24 pm
Demarest
Can we choose to leave our thread as it is? The archived lessons are already in there, and it will take a while to remake it. I know my thread doesn't have that many pages, so I'd like to leave it as is.
I vote that we should be able to. No point in having a ton of barely used classrooms in the White Tomb. Can we? Please?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:03 am
Pretty please  

lizzieangel

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:19 am
Should I set up my Ancient Ruins Classroom, or would it be best to wait?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:14 am
Alright...
I think I'd like to save us all alot of PMs and say that you only need to post your applications in this thread...
Sorry...
but these application PMs are just confusing me...
sweatdrop

KTweirdchick

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:17 am
Angilwingz
Demarest
I vote that we should be able to. No point in having a ton of barely used classrooms in the White Tomb. Can we? Please?

I'm fine with you leaving your thread...
but you do need to get rid of your old lessons...
save them in a word document or something...
but most teachers don't keep their old lessons from the previous terms up
at the begining of the new term...

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas