Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Guild Bake shop-Important Announcement Pg 9 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:39 pm
Luna Verto
Just from a customer's point of view, the bake sale has kinda of been empty, other than me and ball staff. If you want more people I would suggest you move or restart the thread in a different forum or get some people to go out and advertise like crazy.

Change your staff up a bit. You have 9 waiters...when you only really need 4 or 5, and I've noticed a lot of the ball staff is really busy, so maybe use people who aren't as involved in the ball as some people currently listed as waiters.

Just don't do RP, or do it in the guild. I like RP personally, but I know a lot of people who will totally avoid RP place no matter what. The bake sale is there to fund raise and advertise for the 8th Annual Ball, so just tell people that, and they'll stay and chat. Many people love the ball and will gladly keep the thread up and donate if it means helping the ball, but many of them won't want to go through RPing.

Keep a list of orders somewhere on the front page. It's much nicer for customers to be able to see that their order has been filed, rather than just hoping that someone has noticed it. (hint hint: I'm still waiting on an English Muffin ^.^))

As for getting orders filed, just have waiters PM the order to the mule (so they can be added to the front page) and the least busy baker (maybe put them on rotation for orders?). Have all trades go to the mule, who will send the funds to wherever the funds for the ball are being kept when the bake sale has fulfilled it's job and can be closed.

I hope this helps.
biggrin

lol yes we've touched on almost all of your suggestions. the rp has already been taken off of the title along with the grammatically incorrect shop name. i think we plan to fire everyone and rehire waiters, cut the baker list to only those who have something in the store.

currently discussing how the trades and orders will be done so they may be faster and easier to complete. thinking about having a single trade mule that the waiters will have access to while keeping it separate from the shop mule since we do not want our waiters secretly changing the store without permission

need to think about the orders being posted on the front since that wasnt discussed/thought of at all.

thank you for your input and sorry but you may have to wait even longer for your dear muffin. if anyone else would like to suggest changes go right ahead and post them.

and @ lectern: everything is fine for your leaving. we figured that a few of our waiters would have to disappear to work elsewhere in the ball already.

we also figured most of them have lost interest in the shop since i havent really seen anyone there when i sat in the shop for awhile and that is the reason for firing everyone and getting new waiters/rehiring old waiters should they still be interested. we will proably cut down the amount of waiters this time round and be very picky about who we hire.

we will probably hire only waiters that can edit the premades to attach customer names to the premades so it would be more difficult to steal the art.

we will open a hiring thread once we finish deciding things and yes we will probably open a new thread for the bake sale since the old one is filled too many bumps which isnt a very good sign to customers for a shop.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:41 pm
Sorry about all the bumps...
I was planning to just have them at the bottom/top of all my posts and then talk in the rest of the post...but no one was ever in... sweatdrop
SORRY!!

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 pm
That sounds like a good idea... I'll make some more stuff when I have the time. I've been working on school stuff since I missed a ton of it and I really have to catch up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 am
FEAR NOT! I shall helpeth ye all now! I was sort of withdrawn because of being so busy, and I didn't like that it was an rp store. But yeah, I am just starting to become not busy, and I figured hey why not help while I am not so busy anymore xD  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 am
Luna Verto
Sorry about all the bumps...
I was planning to just have them at the bottom/top of all my posts and then talk in the rest of the post...but no one was ever in... sweatdrop
SORRY!!
Don't worry. Bumps do show love-- the overhaul will be a very welcomed one. With stupid on the case its bound to be a great success!

@paulaterra woohoo for new goodies. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:50 pm
Sooo... who do I send the items too now..? sweatdrop (the teacup I made never got put up, because Elmira resigned)  

Suzuka-dono

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:34 pm
if you have new items you would like to add feel free to just post them on this thread or just send it in to me. we are still organizing so it'll take awhile before we finish deciding what to do. Also we've seen your tea cup so that will be added in when we finish reorganizing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 pm
cool beans~ :'D

man. I have finals next week, so I probably won't be able to get anything in until after. =A=;  

Suzuka-dono

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:15 pm
So you want me to come up with the new waiter/baker applications psycho?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:57 am
yes that would be helpful whim

still needa decide if we want to use the old banners or if we should make a new one though.  

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:59 am
Are applications necessary? At least as for bakers.. It might be best to just let people donate themed art for us to sell and credit them and/or their shop.

And as for waiters-- have we finally established what their job roll would be?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:51 pm
ahhhh we decided there will be no applications for bakers and we will add them onto the baker list once they've submitted atleast one item to the shop.

waiters will have to apply for the job again. we are thinking we want the waiters to have an adequate art programs to add customer names to the premades so the art would be harder to steal but i kind of wonder if anyone will actually try to steal them. possible art theft vs. faster service if we just send the premades as is. hmmm...

waiters will have access to the trade mule along with the photobucket account with all the premades in them so we will be somewhat picky about who we choose for the role. only about 2-4 will be chosen i think.  

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm
When do you estimate the new shop will open?

And how can one apply as a waiter?
biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 pm
lol kinda missed your post til now luna >_< sorry

Currently we still are unsure of when the shop will reopen. but it will definitely be after we hire waiters lol <_< as for how and when one can apply to be a waiter I believe whim is going to make the hiring thread some time soon unless i understood something wrong in the PMs.

also i'd like to ask whoever still reads this thread to tell me if they think we should use the old banners from the shop but make is slightly more readable considering the font that was used makes some people see other words. (Example: Stuff turns into Fluff if you stare at it long enough.)

If we want to use the old ones i'll go see if Angelishia still has the original background banner so that we may edit. if not we'll have to start from scratch and make new banners which means we will have to find someone that can make banners. which will take time...

I dont know how to makes banners and i dont think i know anyone who does. X_x  

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:13 pm
Sorry, but I just scheduled my suicide next week so...
J/k
I'm a lil' overworked but I can still do it! I'll whip it up sometime.
Ugh someone remind me to do Lec's thing too...
And Physics...
And the Lottery...
*reschedules suicide*  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out