Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
ReCon III Updated 2/5/10 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do we leave Summer Star on Sunday Morning or Monday?
Sunday
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Monday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 pm
Remove me from this list.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:12 am
"Also, everyone participating in the Tribe will need to plan to make one meal for the group. "

Will this be over a campfire, or is there a stove of some sort?  

Aino Ailill

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 am
Alaois
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai
Update:

Anyone interested in doing a ritual or workshop as a group?

I appreciate the offer, but I don't mix well with others in that capacity. I am not familiar enough with the local geomancy to be comfortable with it.
thank you tho. 3nodding
Why is a workshop excluded?

~blink~ Didn't you participate in the work that Wing lead last time he was here?

I did all of the ritual there in private.
Honestly, I couldn't be 100% positive it didn't effect the local geomancy, but I think that it didn't. I didn't have the time afterwards to properly survey, though I'm certain I'd have heard something by now if anything noticable happened.
'twas the first time I'd run ritual abroad.
Fair enough.

Alaois>> You local?

sadly no...East Coast FTL
cry
I'm from Rochester NY and I'm going. If you need financial aide, we can discuss that as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 pm
Ooh, July 15th to 19th might be eminently doable, since LOJ seems likely to be the weekend right before that.

It'll all depend on what I'm doing for a job by then though, and how much time off they're willing to grant me.  

Sivirs

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:38 am
Just checking in to say status for attending is still shaky.

It really depends on money and relationship status at this point.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:05 pm
Aino Ailill

Will this be over a campfire, or is there a stove of some sort?
I bring my gas grill and my gas stove. I plan to also have a brazier this year, finances permitting.

Sivirs
Ooh, July 15th to 19th might be eminently doable, since LOJ seems likely to be the weekend right before that.

It'll all depend on what I'm doing for a job by then though, and how much time off they're willing to grant me.
Does this mean you might be able to actually attend the festival before traveling south?! surprised

Kuroiban
Just checking in to say status for attending is still shaky.

It really depends on money and relationship status at this point.
Fair enough.  

TeaDidikai

Sivirs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Does this mean you might be able to actually attend the festival before traveling south?! surprised

It all depends on when next year's LOJ is and what my currently bleak job situation looks like by then. If it's the weekend before your festival (I suspect it will be) then I'll fly (or take the train or something, whatever's cheaper) up to you from LOJ after it's over, and then fly home straight from your area. Assuming that I'm employed and that the job I have will give me that much time off, that is, but if I'm already going to LOJ then I can at least swing by for a day on my way home.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:54 pm
Sivirs
TeaDidikai

It all depends on when next year's LOJ is and what my currently bleak job situation looks like by then. If it's the weekend before your festival (I suspect it will be) then I'll fly (or take the train or something, whatever's cheaper) up to you from LOJ after it's over, and then fly home straight from your area. Assuming that I'm employed and that the job I have will give me that much time off, that is, but if I'm already going to LOJ then I can at least swing by for a day on my way home.
Thank you. This turned a pretty shitty day around for me. Even if it doesn't work out that way- the prospect lifted my spirits.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm
So- it's the new year and I would like to take stock.
SummerStar is a little over seven months away.

Nuri's ticket is bought.
Gho is going to make it hell or high water.

What else is going on with folks?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:41 pm
Thanks for digging up this thread.

I would LOVE to come, but I might be in Spain this year. Even if I'm not, I'm not sure about the money situation. Job prospects are very shitty in CA. Other than that, I could probably come in 2011.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:48 pm
Bastemhet
Thanks for digging up this thread.

I would LOVE to come, but I might be in Spain this year. Even if I'm not, I'm not sure about the money situation. Job prospects are very shitty in CA. Other than that, I could probably come in 2011.
Financial aide might be available.
Keep me posted.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm
Ooh, quick question. What is the difference between just attending SummerStar and being invited to the Recon Tribe?

TeaDidikai
Financial aide might be available.
Keep me posted.

Aye, aye. Worse comes to worst I could just run myself into even more debt using my credit card. There's so much money on there already that a couple hundred dollars more won't make a whit of difference.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:15 pm
Bastemhet
Ooh, quick question. What is the difference between just attending SummerStar and being invited to the Recon Tribe?
Well, as part of the tribe you'll be enjoying out Tribe potlucks.
It means you'll be camping right in our area, rather than setting up a few yards farther out (or in the General camp area).

It also means that you'll be getting a price break on your gate fee. If you don't want to work at all, it's like $55 for the weekend. If you don't mind pitching in, your price is reduced even more.

It also means that you'll be able to stay over an extra day- with some guidelines. There's a staff potluck on Sunday night that Tribe Members won't be able to attend- but ReCon will have a small feast that night. Isakane and I might disappear for a couple hours to join the staff before we come back.

Monday before we head back up our camp is going to do a Cleanup Sweep.

I'm picky about who I extend this to because this is a very special privilege being extended to us by the people who run the festival.

Quote:
Aye, aye. Worse comes to worst I could just run myself into even more debt using my credit card. There's so much money on there already that a couple hundred dollars more won't make a whit of difference.
See above about the gate fee. The difference between Work Scholarship and not is substantial.

Then there's getting to the event.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:52 pm
TeaDidikai

Things are so up in the air with us, that I can't really make any solid plans for next week, much less several months down the road. sweatdrop

I still really want to go, but it may be that I won't really know until the last minute.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:20 pm
too2sweet
TeaDidikai

Things are so up in the air with us, that I can't really make any solid plans for next week, much less several months down the road. sweatdrop

I still really want to go, but it may be that I won't really know until the last minute.
The last minute is sometime towards the end of May beginning of June since there is no on site registration.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff