Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Draconic Ritual Q&A ^.=.^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:16 pm
Lance Kisgyr
CuAnnan

Finally, using the term heathen to describe gaelic or brythonic or what-have-you religious practices is culturally invalid.

Isn't the term heathen usually used for Asatruar or other Norse pagans?

Heathen

NOUN: 1a. One who adheres to the religion of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. b. Such persons considered as a group; the unconverted. heathen, heathendom, heathenism, heathenry, pl. heathens or heathen  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:19 pm
Dori-Ryuu
Quote:
Statements like that will get you into trouble here.

There is nothing wrong with believing that the universe continues to turn because of the influence of any supreme being(s).

Saying "not too far off from the gods of other religions" is what will get her in trouble.

Dori-Ryuu
Despite what you want to think, there are not so few religions that believe this, in fact, A LOT do believe this, believe it or not.

"A LOT" is a meaningless quantification.

Dori-Ryuu
I don't believe she said anything about your gods or what they do? In fact, I don't believe she was speaking to you directly at all.

You make that seem relevant.
I don't give a flying rats a** if she was talking to the ******** wall.

Dori-Ryuu
The fact that you would even post this is amazing. You have no idea what one person has done in his/her life, or who they worked with as far as their own personal pantheon. -smh-

If she's not in Ireland, she's never worked with the Morrigan.
She may have worked with the third generation gods, but none of the first or second. They were all bound by the Oath of Land Sea and Sky as set down by Amergin White Knee when the Milesians invaded Ireland.
So... actually, I can say that she has never worked with the pantheon of my Island.
My gods don't break oath for the likes of you.

Dori-Ryuu
Where exactly did she state the Morrigan was a name of a person? If she was calling the Morrigan as a name, wouldn't she leave out "THE" in THE Morrigan? Just a thought...

Saying you received a tongue lashing from the morrigan is a senseless statement. It doesn't mean anything.
That's like saying you got a lashing from the person.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:19 pm
Dori-Ryuu
Lance Kisgyr
CuAnnan

Finally, using the term heathen to describe gaelic or brythonic or what-have-you religious practices is culturally invalid.

Heathen

NOUN: 1a. One who adheres to the religion of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. b. Such persons considered as a group; the unconverted. heathen, heathendom, heathenism, heathenry, pl. heathens or heathen

Seeing as the Celts, Greek, and Roman all do NOT believe in the god of Judaism, it pretty much does make sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 pm
Lance Kisgyr
CuAnnan

I've also heard it applied to Slavic pagans quite often - I prefer the term actually.  

Collowrath

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 pm
Dori-Ryuu
Lance Kisgyr
CuAnnan

Heathen

"Heathen is from Old English hæðen".
Perhaps a little bit of cultural sensitivity for the country that's only had its independence less than a century from the Americans whose most recent ancestor died for independence centuries ago?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:24 pm
Collowrath
Lance Kisgyr
CuAnnan

I've also heard it applied to Slavic pagans quite often - I prefer the term actually.

Ah, outside of the connotation that it was used in a degrading fashion in history, I've only heard Asatruar use it. I was just unsure if others had embraced the term as well.  

Lance Kibagari

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:24 pm
CuAnnan

You're just a man who has to constantly bash on people to make himself feel better. I'll let her respond to you, if she wants to. You're no longer worth my time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:26 pm
Dori-Ryuu
You're just a man who has to constantly bash on people to make himself feel better. I'll let her respond to you, if she wants to. You're no longer worth my time.

User Image
Perhaps some pictures will get it through.  

IH_Zero

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm
Dori-Ryuu
You're just a man who has to constantly bash on people to make himself feel better.

Care to point out where I bashed on her?
.... oh wait... you're confusing "attacking your position" with "attacking you as a person" again.

Dori-Ryuu
You're no longer worth my time.

Of course I'm not.
You're not getting an emotional response from me.
Now that I am withdrawn and emotionless, there's no buzz.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:28 pm
Lance Kisgyr
Collowrath
Lance Kisgyr
CuAnnan

Ah, outside of the connotation that it was used in a degrading fashion in history, I've only heard Asatruar use it. I was just unsure if others had embraced the term as well.

Afaik, it's Northern and Central-Eastern European religions that will tend to use the word - there's also a significant cultural overlap between the two groups from centuries of co-mingling pre-Christianization.

Those practices don't resemble Celtic ones at all to my knowledge, so cultural sensitivity aside, the word still doesn't really apply.  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 pm
Dori-Ryuu
CuAnnan

My suspicion is that your racism is going to get you into a great deal of trouble.

Cu is a Gael. His people were subjugated under the English Crown up into modern history. Their language nearly stripped from them. Their right to feed their family, to work their land to keep their culture denied, sometimes under penalty of death.

For you, through your personal ignorance, to force your language onto a Gael as a proper title, after they have only recently won their freedom at heavy costs, is repugnant.

I strongly recommend you check your racism at the door. No one in this guild tolerates it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 pm
CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
You're just a man who has to constantly bash on people to make himself feel better.

Care to point out where I bashed on her?
.... oh wait... you're confusing "attacking your position" with "attacking you as a person" again.

Dori-Ryuu
You're no longer worth my time.

Of course I'm not.
You're not getting an emotional response from me.
Now that I am withdrawn and emotionless, there's no buzz.

You're no longer worth my time because you have nothing important to say or discuss. All you ever post is paragraphs of nonsense that when proven wrong about, you turn around and lash at the person for being a parasite. So this will be the last time I speak to you. Maybe when you have a little more insight and a little less hostility.  

X C L S I O R

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm
Collowrath

Afaik, it's Northern and Central-Eastern European religions that will tend to use the word - there's also a significant cultural overlap between the two groups from centuries of co-mingling pre-Christianization.

Ahhh. That certainly makes sense. 3nodding

Quote:
Those practices don't resemble Celtic ones at all to my knowledge, so cultural sensitivity aside, the word still doesn't really apply.

Well, if Cu says the use of the term is culturally invalid as far as the Celts are concerned, I'll take it on his word, no problem.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:32 pm
TeaDidikai
Dori-Ryuu
CuAnnan

My suspicion is that your racism is going to get you into a great deal of trouble.

Cu is a Gael. His people were subjugated under the English Crown up into modern history. Their language nearly stripped from them. Their right to feed their family, to work their land to keep their culture denied, sometimes under penalty of death.

For you, through your personal ignorance, to force your language onto a Gael as a proper title, after they have only recently won their freedom at heavy costs, is repugnant.

I strongly recommend you check your racism at the door. No one in this guild tolerates it.

Now I'm Racist? Prey tell what I posted as racism?  

X C L S I O R

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:33 pm
Dori-Ryuu
You're no longer worth my time because you have nothing important to say or discuss.

You're also not going to get the last word.
You will get no sense of personal victory here. I am an incredibly petty person.

Dori-Ryuu
All you ever post is paragraphs of nonsense that when proven wrong about, you turn around and lash at the person for being a parasite.

Actually, all of what I've posted has withstood your "arguments". Instead of attempting to argue, you insult.

Dori-Ryuu
So this will be the last time I speak to you.

Ofc.

Dori-Ryuu
Maybe when you have a little more insight

I have plenty of insight thank you.

Dori-Ryuu
and a little less hostility.

Never going to happen.
I am hostile towards all people demonstrating racism towards my people.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff