Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reiterei

Interstellar Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:36 am
Ishtanballa
But the cosplay is not of Johnny Deep, it's of Jack Sparrow, a fictional character.
If at some point The Beatles dipped their toes into acting and started masquerading as fictional characters, you could quest for those fictional characters. But not The Beatles themselves.

Well, the Lonely Hearts were characters/aliases created by the Beatles, so technically they would be fictional Characters. The concerts when they were dressed up were acts. They had names, like Billy Shears, but I can't find the others right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:29 am
So if Halloween has had a:

Superheroes & Villains

7 deadly Sins

and Phobias

How about this year, something unique, like a costume party?

have premade costumed soquilis to give out, but offer contests and games where pre-existing soquili can win edits!!!  

Iokabrenna

Tricky Shapeshifter

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:38 pm
x-Ivory_Feld-x
So if Halloween has had a:

Superheroes & Villains

7 deadly Sins

and Phobias

How about this year, something unique, like a costume party?

have premade costumed soquilis to give out, but offer contests and games where pre-existing soquili can win edits!!!

I already stated that the events for the rest of this year and on through to next summer are already planned.

We have to plan them in advance to give the colorists time to work on things.

Though, I will keep it in mind for next year.

Mostly what I'm looking for is flaffle theme ideas.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:41 am
I am not sure how well they'll work but I have flaffle ideas.

A Mustang themed flaffle. They come in just about every color, some can be heavier (almost like a draft).
https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/onlinegallery.php (Has lots of nice pictures of a variety of mustangs, including some gorgeous paint ones).

Or any other sort of natural, horse based flaffle.  

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:24 am
kaliskanny
DemonWingedPoetGirl
Ishtanballa
But the cosplay is not of Johnny Deep, it's of Jack Sparrow, a fictional character.
If at some point The Beatles dipped their toes into acting and started masquerading as fictional characters, you could quest for those fictional characters. But not The Beatles themselves.

darn thought I found a loop hole.

Why would you be looking? That's kinda like...trying to bend the rules or something. *arching a brow*

No not bending bending implies tampering wich basically means almost broken. That iam not willing to risk. A loop hole is just being overtly clever.
Bending would be like . . .useing referance images of the beatles and calling them inspertaion as opposed to an actual cosplay idea.
Heh . . .  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:27 am
Reiterei
Ishtanballa

Well, the Lonely Hearts were characters/aliases created by the Beatles, so technically they would be fictional Characters. The concerts when they were dressed up were acts. They had names, like Billy Shears, but I can't find the others right now.

yes that's exactly what I ment. Thank you for putting it so elegantly!  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:07 pm
Poet: Bending, or being "clever", it doesn't really matter much. Each road will just lead to the same place, which is not a place you want to be, so basically, either way, you ARE taking a risk.

Anyway, these are some stuff I can think of flaffle wise.
  • I think someone suggested music themes, like rock, pop, rap, ect.
  • Maybe stuff based on different foods, like the ice cream based Soq. [Desserts, spices, fruits, Drinks, ect]
  • Biomes/Habitats
  • Moods
  • Lucky Trinkets
  • Constellations
  • Poem inspirations [Likes the song flaffle, but with poems]
  • Graffiti? XD
  • Different points in fashion
  • Different points in time [Information Age, renaissance, medieval, Golden Age, ect]
  • Prehistoric
  • Futuristic
  • Different Genres [Humor, Love, Horror, Cartoon, Action, Tragedy, ect]
  • History/Forms of art [Like different art styles, memorable pieces, techniques, Media, ect]
  • Different decades [60’s, 70’s, ect]
  • Maybe Soq inspired by different cities/areas.
  • Pair Flaffle like Mindsend’s Sweetheart tigers. Maybe based on animals with gender differences in appearances, Items that normally come in pairs, food pairs [Cookies n Cream], whatever else.
  • With school hitting you can do Soq based on different subjects, activities and sports.
  • I’ve been watching too much “I shouldn’t be alive” and “The colony” so maybe something castaway, stranded, ect themed?
  • Different Phrases like “Beauty is only skin deep” and such.
  • If you want a continuous flaffle could do one based on the alphabet. Each Soq being a letter and based off an item that starts with it. Could get 26 flaffles out of it, or just break the alphabet up in to separate ones.

If you want different kinds of game ideas too, I can lend out a game I did once, and it had a nice turn out.
I know Sabin knows it. XD
It’s the “Hybrid” game. It’s like the Christmas in July thing, except participants don’t give you a list of 10 likes and dislikes, they gave you one or two [More if you want] “Hybrid” ideas. Basically two items, themes, animals, ect that they think would create a good looking pet.
Ex: “Chicken and Fox”, “Waterlily and Arctic Fox”, “Fire and Shadow Beast”, whatever they can think of.
And once closed staff can just shuffle through and choose the hybrid ideas they like best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 pm
I am pretty sure this was already said a few times, but what about the Movie Avatar..? Or the X-Men Wolverine Movie..? I think those would make great Flaffle pets. And some Auctions maybe too.  

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:25 pm
What about a 'fashion fads turned faux pas' flaffle? Basically - each Soq would be based on something everyone 'had to have' once upon a time - but now can't stop laughing about. So . . . jelly shoes, crocs, scrunchies, slap bracelets, big hair, mullets, acid washed jeans, shoulder pads, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:47 pm
For a flaffle I was thinking like well known places/buildings like the statue of liberty, eiffel tower, piramids of giza, sydney opera house, etc.  

vballlvr5

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:36 pm
vballlvr5
For a flaffle I was thinking like well known places/buildings like the statue of liberty, eiffel tower, piramids of giza, sydney opera house, etc.

Not a bad idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:17 pm
How about Sesame Street? XD The old school version with Big bird, Ernie, Count von count, The cookie monster, Elmo, Oscar the grouch, etc.  

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:31 pm
How about this . . .ya ready?
Name play soq!
*que oooo's and awwwww's*

Just stay with me here.

Opption a:
Everyone who wishes to enter has their username thrown into a raffle some amount of winners are picked let's say 10 and then the artist makes a soq based off of just the user name!
Like mine would be.
A female with wings, little demon horns and either writeing on it or parchment flung about.
see DemonWingedPoetGirl
Or
opption B:
The artists make soq that they think best represent their username Or they all swap like Kenny dose sirenz Username soq and what not.
Then flaffle them off smile

huh huh pretty awsome eh?

And they don't have to be dead on they can be kinda whacky.
For example.
Kal I scany:
kal will be the name of the soq and he will somehow look scaned.
Or
kal is canny
a soq made out of tin cans  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:27 pm
kaliskanny
vballlvr5

Not a bad idea.
thank you = ) im flattered. I was thinking of getting one like this anyway but I think it would be cooler if a variety of people had different ones like that =D  

vballlvr5

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:28 pm
DemonWingedPoetGirl
How about this . . .ya ready?
Name play soq!
*que oooo's and awwwww's*

Just stay with me here.

Opption a:
Everyone who wishes to enter has their username thrown into a raffle some amount of winners are picked let's say 10 and then the artist makes a soq based off of just the user name!
Like mine would be.
A female with wings, little demon horns and either writeing on it or parchment flung about.
see DemonWingedPoetGirl
Or
opption B:
The artists make soq that they think best represent their username Or they all swap like Kenny dose sirenz Username soq and what not.
Then flaffle them off smile

huh huh pretty awsome eh?

And they don't have to be dead on they can be kinda whacky.
For example.
Kal I scany:
kal will be the name of the soq and he will somehow look scaned.
Or
kal is canny
a soq made out of tin cans

I know i dont decide or anything but I personally would not want a soquili based off my username  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff