Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Roleplay
Dragon Chronicles:Gods of War, and Times of Peace OPEN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:04 pm
Delia tried to smile at Longshot, "Ready? As I'll ever be, I guess." She stood up, all the while trying to convince herself of her own capability. It didn't seem so impossible with a plan in mind, though, that only brought the impossibility factor down a notch.

"So, Sergio. Shall we?" She gestured towards the door he others had left through. All she had to do was pull a trigger.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:07 pm
"Yeah... actually, follow me first. We need to get you ready for fighting. SAIC, load programs 43 through 55 for upload please." He smiled walking out and in the opposite direction of the others.
"Now... this might seem a little weird, but we're going training. In a sense." He grinned, continuing down the corridor.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:15 pm
Delia hurried after Longshot.

"Training? Now?" She asked, curious as to what he was talking about. They were about to go on a mission, what amount a training could be done in the amount of time they had that would sufficiently prepare her?

((Gah, small post. I think I'm going to go now, and right when it was getting good. My brain's all dead right now, not the best for rping when actualy strtegy is needed.))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:19 pm
(( >_____> ))

"Yup. Training." He grinned. "And I don't mean I give you a gun and show you how to shoot. No no no... we do things a little differently around here." He walked into a room with lots of chairs, along with a few people, each of them wearing a blue star. The sign of 'Medic'.
"Uh.. oh Commander Longshot." One of them walked towards the two. "How can we help."
Longshot pointed to Delia. "Training."
"Oh... follow me miss." The medic walked over to one of the chairs, signalling for her to sit down.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 am
Deliw followed the medic and sat in the chair they pointed at. It was just getting even stranger, what kind of training could happen in a place like this?

"By 'differently,' what exactly do you mean?" She asked of Longshot.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:10 pm
Longshot smiled and opened his mouth to speak, but before he could SAIC's holographic form appeared. "Excuse me sir, but if you don't mind, I shall explain it while you finish the preparations." Longshot shrugged, moving behind the chair as SAIC walked over to Delia, crouching down next to the chair. "Well you put on your ACU, it injected nanites into your body. Tiny machines, that are connected directly to here." She smiled and tapped her head. "It allows me to keep an eye on you. Your physical, mental and magical status. From that, I can order the nanites to create, and distribute chemicals that can improve your performance, remove poison, or make you smarter. Also, if your heart were to stop, I could use them to shock you back."
Longshot stood up, sliding a pair of goggles over Delia's head, as the medic finished connected some cables to the side of the chair. He then plugged one into Delia's ACU. "The nanites also allow the downloading and uploading of information directly to and from a persons brain. We can copy as much information from your brain as we want, but downloading is something else. A persons mind can only take so much. But, as long as it's spread out over a long time, we can give you everything you need to know about all aspects of combat."
"Knowing is one thing, doing is another." Longshot spoke up, resting his head on the top of the chair. "You can learn all you want, but this doesn't mean you can skip your training." He grinned. "Also... it's going to hurt. A lot, for a short time, then a little for a long time." He shrugged. "Kinda like a headache. Will go away as soon as we stop, and will lessen over time."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:30 pm
"So, I'm basically having files downloaded into my head. And I thought my day couldn't get any stranger." Delia said with a hint of apprehension. It was amazing technology, she couldn't deny that, but she also couldn't help but feel nervous about it. She had nanites running rampant inside of her. SAIC had listed the good things they could do for her, improve performance, remove poison, even make her smarter. But Delia had no doubt in her mind that they could go the opposite way as well.

"Pain, I can deal with. So, let's just get this over with." She tried to relax into the chair, letting all of her muscles loosen. She found that they just clenched up agian though, so she ended up trying to just make it look as it she were relaxed.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:39 pm
Longshot grinned. "Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet!" He moved to Delia's side, slipping his right hand into hers. "I will admit, it hurts for some people more than other... hurt a lot since I'm an Asanti." His smiled waned slightly. "If it really hurts, I'm right here, ok?" He smile flared up again, nodding to SAIC. "Ok SAIC, turn it on."
SAIC nodded back. "You will hear a buzzing sound first of all Delia. It'll be like its coming from inside your head. That's as the nanites attune themselves to your mind." And with that, SAIC started the download.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:56 pm
It was true, there was a buzzing. It sounded to Delia at first as it it were coming from some mechanism just behind her ears, different from ringing in the ears, she had the urge to try to shake it out at first. But then it intensified. It was as if her ears had popped due to an altitude change, but instead of just the unpleasant pressure, Delia was sure her head had just exploded.

She knew it hadn't though, because she was able to form a coherant thought of I hope it's not too much of a mess. She couldn't hear anything from outside of her own head and she had squeezed her eyes tightly shut. Delia was vaguely aware of gripping Longshot's hand, though she couldn't tell how hard nor if she was hurting him.

"s**t." Was all she managed to say.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:04 pm
Longshot frowned. "Doesn't seem so bad... SAIC, status?"
"One minute, 34 seconds to completion." She answered hollowly, obviousy devoting a lot to getting the download done as quickly as possible. SAIC may just be an AI, but she's got the where she is now on her own. Her programming didn't allow for emotions before, but... she evolved. She changed. She became a 'she', not an 'it'.
Longshot squeezed Delia's hand, as Jack rounded the corner. "Thought I'd find you lot here." He walked forward and crouched down on Delia's other side, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Tough girl. Pretty sure I was swearing a lot by now."

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:12 pm
Delia felt beads of sweat break out on her forehead and upper lip. he tried to ignore the pain, but that just wasn't happening. Her teeth were clamped down on her bottom lip in a vain attempt to try to keep from crying out. Sh felt a return of pressure on her hand from Longshot, and a moment later a hand on her shoulder.

She was sure she recognized Reaper's voice, something about him swearing a lot. She drew in a ragged breath, her lungs didn't want to let her breath in too deeply.

"Trust me," her voice was hoarse, on the edge of becoming a grunt, "You don't know what I'm thinking right now."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:21 pm
Jack smirked. "Well, ain't you a tough little girl... here, this might help." He held his left hand up, using one finger to touch Delia's lips. "5 Point Seal..." There was a crackling sound, small wisps of electricity flowing around his hand, as the mystical seals appeared in mid air, around his arm. There were 5 of them, each with eight different colour points, black, silver, red, blue, yellow, white, brown, green. The black was brightest of them all. "Black Mist." A strange black substance covered his hand, slowly spreading outwards. Longshot smiled.
"This will help your body relax Delia... just breath it in. It shouldn't hurt as much, it also numbs your sense of pain."
"Dude, that's just a drug in magic form." Longshot smirked.
"I know. Works though." Jack grinned.

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:30 pm
She tried to breath in the mist, taking short gasps of air. She found that after a moment it was easier to breath in more deeply, and that her shoulders were able to relax into the back of the chair. She let her head fall back against the chair as well, but she didn't loosen her grip of Longshot's hand. The pain in her head ebbed slightly, though it only felt as though it were waiting to break free from the haze that had enveloped it. Delia took some respite in this and opened her eyes, panic gripped her for a moment when she couldn't see, but she quickly remembered the goggles.

"And here I thought after-training muscle aches hurt."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:35 pm
Jack smiled. "Not with us."
"Download finished." SAIC said, still with a blank voice, then she slowly returned to her normal self. "I recommend not doing anymore for a least 2 weeks. Her brain is a little frazzled by having so much on her first time."
Longshot grinned, pulling the goggles off. "Hey there missy. You doing alright? Know how to shoot a sniper rifle?"

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:45 pm
There was a definite lessening of the pain in Delia's head after the download was complete, but she could still feel it throbbing in the back of her head. She opened her eyes to the light when Longshot pulled the goggles off of her, all she could make out were two blurry silhouettes against the bright fluorescents of the room. She closed her eyes agian and brought her hands up to massage her temples.

"Yeah, fine." She answered brusquely, trying to knead out the headache with her fingers. "Do I know how to shoot a sniper rifle? Well," she thought about it for a moment, all of the steps came to her instantly and she realized that she did know. "Yeah, actually."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff