Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do I do with the food I give to spirits? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:17 pm
CuAnnan

The chances are you haven't and that you were lied to.
But if you want to verify it against the checklist:

• Was a circle called to contain the ritual
  • Was the ritual performed by a member of one of the Celtic peoples
  • Were the Gods evoked members of the pantheon of the Gaels
  • Did a person invoke one of the Gods

If you answered yes to questions 1 and 3 or no to questions 2 and 4, then the ritual was definitely not Celtic.

Some were with the Odyssean tradition and they always did the Lord and Lady.

Another group I was not able to be there when the first part was done. I wouldn't know

The last group No Circle No Preist hood no God only the maidain, Mother and Crone were called in. Very different

I liked the movie I wasn't hold a strong idea of saying that was fact no. Movies are never fact  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 pm
Zercia

Another group I was not able to be there when the first part was done. I wouldn't know

The last group No Circle No Preist hood no God only the maidain, Mother and Crone were called in. Very different
The two you gave details on weren't Celtic.  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 pm
[quote="TeaDidikai] sweatdrop Welcome.

I think things would go over better with Cu if instead of making statements... you asked questions.

Perhaps something like "I experienced XYZ. Is this accurate? Where are the errors?"

That way it reads as someone searching for information, rather than someone who thinks they know all about it yet has been misinformed.

But really- your best bet is to just not take it personal. If he says "You're wrong." He's not saying "You're bad."

Make sense?

Yes makes sense.
Cu does come off as he knows everything. There are better ways to come off direct then I know everything you know nothing.
I will try to display that I am dum and don't have a clue better. Cu talks like he the only person that knows stuff and no one else does.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:29 pm
TeaDidikai
Zercia

The two you gave details on weren't Celtic.

Odyssean is different but very laid back tradition it is like in Jewish tradtions different levels. The second person I worked with for 3 years was very serious since I was just learning there was a limit to what I could be told.

The last group were just winging it really just winging it. They had no idea what they were doing. They want to be Celic they call themselves the heart of Alavon. I left that group.  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:29 pm
Zercia

Yes makes sense.
Cu does come off as he knows everything. There are better ways to come off direct then I know everything you know nothing.
I will try to display that I am dum and don't have a clue better. Cu talks like he the only person that knows stuff and no one else does.
You're being unfair. You've only had one interaction with him, and the interaction read "X is not Y."

There are things Cu doesn't know about. He asks questions when he's in a position like that. Likewise, he makes direct statements when he does know about the subject at hand.

You wouldn't expect a doctor to ask you if you have appendicitis. You'd want her to tell you, and then tell you that they are going to operate. Similarly, Cu doesn't ask you if you think you're wrong. He tells you, and he gives you information to correct it.

If Cu was posting in a thread about Hellenic mythology- Nuri would tell him if he had any misconceptions. If it was about Rroma mythology, I would tell him if he had any misconceptions.

Really- we're just treating you like we treat people who have been here for a long time.

Maybe it would help if you watched how we acted towards one another?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:33 pm
Zercia
Odyssean is different but very laid back tradition it is like in Jewish tradtions different levels. The second person I worked with for 3 years was very serious since I was just learning there was a limit to what I could be told.

The last group were just winging it really just winging it. They had no idea what they were doing. They want to be Celic they call themselves the heart of Alavon. I left that group.
Interesting. Yeah- none of those sound Celtic.  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 pm
TeaDidikai
You're being unfair. You've only had one interaction with him, and the interaction read "X is not Y."

There are things Cu doesn't know about. He asks questions when he's in a position like that. Likewise, he makes direct statements when he does know about the subject at hand.

You wouldn't expect a doctor to ask you if you have appendicitis. You'd want her to tell you, and then tell you that they are going to operate. Similarly, Cu doesn't ask you if you think you're wrong. He tells you, and he gives you information to correct it.

If Cu was posting in a thread about Hellenic mythology- Nuri would tell him if he had any misconceptions. If it was about Rroma mythology, I would tell him if he had any misconceptions.

Really- we're just treating you like we treat people who have been here for a long time.

I will try.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
have some tea
gonk I am not loose!
Have some coffee then. I hear they're really easy.  

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:39 pm
Zercia
TeaDidikai

I will try.
Honestly, stick around. Maybe read some past threads. We're all pretty frank here, and you have a leg up on quite a few others by being willing to learn and listen.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:40 pm
Zercia

I will try.
It'll work out. wink You'll get used to us eventually. Mwahahahaha! twisted

Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
have some tea
gonk I am not loose!
burning_eyes  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:42 pm
TeaDidikai

Yes they don't. The last believes they are here to bring Celtic belief back to the world. I left them for they were too far out there for me. Who is to say they are right or wrong? Their heart is in the right place.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:45 pm
Gho the Girl
... and you have a leg up on quite a few others by being willing to learn and listen.
True that. 3nodding  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:46 pm
Zercia
TeaDidikai

Yes they don't. The last believes they are here to bring Celtic belief back to the world. I left them for they were too far out there for me.
Probably a good move.
Quote:
Who is to say they are right or wrong?
Actual Celts.
Quote:
Their heart is in the right place.
Maybe, but their way of going about it is akin to rape and theivery. Intent is questionable here, but even if it is good, intent only counts for so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:47 pm
TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
have some tea
gonk I am not loose!
burning_eyes
I like mine full of cream. (too far? Or not far enough?)  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:48 pm
Zercia
Who is to say they are right or wrong?
Educated people. 3nodding

Quote:
Their heart is in the right place.
Lot's of people do very bad things with their hearts in the right place.
I mean- in this case, a group is being horribly racist towards the Gael. Groups like the Aryan Nation feel their heart is in the right place and use that to justify their racism too.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff