Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

bestfwen4eva

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 pm
LOLZ i was ok with straight pairings until i discovered yaoi few years ago >XD be4 i was like "they're sooo kuuutee together~" then after yaoi-obsession "omg that guy would loook sooo cuutee with that guy over there -squeeeee-" eh heh >xP  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:21 pm
i'm ok with it as long as none of the guys actually have kids or a wife in the manga/anime  

Sethiris

Dapper Hunter

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

lasalle28

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:11 pm
I like both hetero pairings and yaoi pairings. If there was a hot guy, for example, I would hope he was straight or bi so he would like girls because I get character crushes alot of times. Then on rare occasions, I ship them with my favorite girl on the show. For example, Dark Mousey (D.N. Angel) should be shipped with Risa bcause she was my favorite girl between the twins and no matter how hot Miroku (Inuyasha) is he is and always should be hetero. Yaoi pairings are better when most of the important cast are men and suddenly one of the bishounen fall for a women that seems to have little to no dimension or that women is childish, annoying or a b****. That's when I pair them with another guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:14 am
I don't really see why a straight pairing should bother anyone unless the two involved are overly "lovey-dovey", but then again I would probably be annoyed if a yaoi couple exhibited the same behavior.  

BlackBleedingRoses539

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Krynn Lowell

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 am
For me, it depends on what kind of pairing. Like I'm more into HikaruXHaruhi more than TamakiXHaruhi. But I'm more into yaoi pairings.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 pm
they bore me, to tell you the truth. they're almost always cliché and because it's a straight pairing, there's never really anything keeping them from being together. they're just not as interesting as yaoi pairings. :/  

HubridBunny

Enacchi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:55 am
Lenre Li
... BORINNG...

And sometimes irraratating, too. biggrin

However, there are like... 10 [roughly] straight pairings I can stand. ;>.> But that's rare.

I'd rather if the girl were either: 1: lesbian, 2: asexual, 3: a yaoi fangirl. ninja

Ditto this!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:34 am
They irritate me, for some reason. I don't mean I dislike all of them, but every time I come upon an anime or manga that SEEMS to revolve around a homo couple, but after a few reads isn't, just makes me mad. I don't know why... Maybe because I just find them so goddamn boring in almost every aspect, even including the conflicts. There ARE straight couples that I can stand though, there are even some that I root for, but most are just plain annoying. talk2hand  

Maki Casanova

SarcasticIrony

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:59 am
My pairings swing both ways. Take for example:

My OTP might be SoraxRoxas from Kingdom Hearts, but I fully support the canon of SoraxKairi.

(Oddly enough, I hate the AxelxRoxas and RikuxSora pairings.... I really do)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:00 pm
Yeah, I don't see how straight parings are annoying. They can be just as interesting if the manga ka does them tastefully. Although I do prefer my yaoi. <3  

.a.r.a.s.h.i.

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 am
straight pairings can be fun cause you can slash them later  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:07 pm
I used to like straight pairings, but after all the overexposing to Yaoi, it makes me wanna puke now. xp  

Nintendokami

GaarafanGurl08

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:46 pm
I actually now i find it boring to watch . like i will be watching an anime and when i see hints and straight couples im like , "dumb ! ******** this" *serches for yaoi anime i have seen like 30 times*
Like i cant get into the anime anymore XD but owell
yaoi kicks a** biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:58 pm
Enzai Shuichi3
Here's a question ive been wanting to ask for a while.
When im watching an anime and i see a guy and a girl hinting towards a relationship im like "He would go so much better with that guy instead of that annoying b***h"...of course this isnt the same with all animes i watch but some, yes.
My first reaction to a straight coupling i dont like in an anime is to either
A.Change the channel
B.Rant
or C.Throw something at the TV xd

Its not always with canon couples though.Its the same with fanpairings to.When i see a SasukexSakura fanart...i feel like i want to inwardly puke stare

Though i have no hatred towards said fanpairers of course.We're allowed to like what we like.

Does anyone else get like this or is it just me? O.o

Wow Like The Same Problem Happens to Me o-o
Your Not The Only One..... stare
Btw...I Puke As well when i see SasuXSaku fanart....They Just dont Look right together...
I Somewhat Like NaruXSasu Whhhy Better.
They are Sooo Kawaii! whee

lord explosion murder

Naughty Lunatic

YaoiIsDelicious

Bashful Streaker

12,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm
Actually, I'm totally okay with straight pairings.
I hate finding fans of gay pairings in a straight anime such as Vampire Knight. Sorry guys, Zero and Kaname are NEVER going to bone.
There are certain straight anime's I don't care if you pair gay couples in... such as Naruto... because there are no girls in it that are worth pairing up with the guys anyway.
Same goes for Ouran High School Host Club... any male on male pairings in that is acceptable since it might as well be shounen-ai. Haruhi is the only real girl in that anime/manga worth pairing up... and she has a chance with all the members anyway... so pairings are totally flexible.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff