Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Religion , What do you believe? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah,Religion
  Atheist.
  Boeddhist
  christian
  Jewish
  Muslim
  Pagan
  Other
View Results

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:54 pm
I dont know if there's "God" like organized religion believes. I hate organized religion. It's just a basis and reason to justify corruption, ignorance and hatred. I believe there is a driving force, spirit, energy, higher being, etc.. something like that. I believe that all the different religions are just different interpretations of that.. thing, whatever it is.

I do not follow organized religion. Especially Christianity. I refuse. As a woman, I refuse to follow a religion that calls me inferior because I have a v****a. Sorry girls, god most likely does NOT love you. If only you had a p***s. Therefore, why am I obliged to worship something that doesn't give a s**t about half the world?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Konayuki_ko
I dont know if there's "God" like organized religion believes. I hate organized religion. It's just a basis and reason to justify corruption, ignorance and hatred. I believe there is a driving force, spirit, energy, higher being, etc.. something like that. I believe that all the different religions are just different interpretations of that.. thing, whatever it is.

I do not follow organized religion. Especially Christianity. I refuse. As a woman, I refuse to follow a religion that calls me inferior because I have a v****a. Sorry girls, god most likely does NOT love you. If only you had a p***s. Therefore, why am I obliged to worship something that doesn't give a s**t about half the world?

im sorry u feel that way. so then, would u say that ur athiest? or would u just prefer not to associate with religion at all? i personally am a christian because i find it hard to believe in other religions or theories like evolution (i just cant imagine evolving from a speck, i mean seriously?!?) plus, its easier for me to believe in god than nothing at all. mrgreen  

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100

Violent Posture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 am
I'm a full blown militant Athiest.
I don't believe in an afterlife, before life, heaven and hell.
I believe in Darwin's theories, before anyone bitches at me I studied them for years as well as pyhsics focussing on motion and spacial anomaly.
I have also tried my year at studying scientific philosphy. Which is very broard since nearly all scientific ideas are philosophical.

So yeah, I'm and atheist.

I find people who have strong faith in an hour of desperate need to be very lucky, but still misguided.

I'm very lucky to live in England, no one beleive in god anymore over here so since I live very close to a church no one clogs up my road with cars.

I respect those who believe what they want to believe but telling me otherwise about my FACTS then thats just silly.

Oh and one more thing, you will happily say you can't believe the science, but you will beleive it when your sick, you will take what science has given to you and praise your god. If we didnt have science life would be very very different.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:37 pm
I'm not exactly sure what to say. >< I'm 'Supposed' to be Catholic but I don't feel I whole Heartedly believe in God, Jesus, ect.

The Saiyan Warrior

O.G. Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:04 pm
Swim47
Konayuki_ko

im sorry u feel that way. so then, would u say that ur athiest? or would u just prefer not to associate with religion at all? i personally am a christian because i find it hard to believe in other religions or theories like evolution (i just cant imagine evolving from a speck, i mean seriously?!?) plus, its easier for me to believe in god than nothing at all. mrgreen

You don't believe in evolution? Hah ok. Science classes must be hard for you.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:02 am
AmberElric
Swim47
Konayuki_ko

Yeah when I read this I thought that too.
Its almost like wait...what year is this? ¬¬...

Evolution is a beautiful thing.
And I would put my faith in it any day.

Violent Posture

Silence and Sorrow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:05 am
I am pagan and follow the Lady.

My fiance is Catholic and it is a miracle that religion never really causes arguments. The closest we came was the fight to get married outside of a church because every time I had to go into one it was because some idiot was trying to convert me and now I have a deep seated fear of the bloody places.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:52 pm
Violent Posture
AmberElric
Swim47
Konayuki_ko

Even from a religious perspective I don't see why people have a problem with evolution. A deity that has the ability to create everything would certainly have the ability to make its creations adapt in order to better survive.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:20 am
Zephyrkitty
Violent Posture
AmberElric
Swim47
Konayuki_ko

Even from a religious perspective I don't see why people have a problem with evolution. A deity that has the ability to create everything would certainly have the ability to make its creations adapt in order to better survive.

Exactly! Science and religion can coexist.

Yes, what year is this? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:44 am
Meh, they can co exist for now and up to an extent.
But people can see it.
Religion is obsolete.
Like the dead language it will fade away to mere stories of our past.
Years from now scholars will laugh at our feeble attempts to grasp the very universe we live in.

No one needs it anymore.

Only when they get over their fear of death can they truly be free.
Otherwise until then they are praying for the afterlife that doesn’t await them.

I can understand why people are so desperate to live forever in a paradise, I mean it sounds wonderful. But in the end, the very very end there is nothing.

No golden gate, no white bearded man waiting with open arms. There is only death. Every emotion and thought you have ever had is a chemical reaction or imbalance as well as electrical currents in the CNS and brain.

In a perfect world we would all be buried in graves without a coffin and become one with the earth again. Now that is a beautiful paradise. To die and become food for others, to give life to other living things even be swept into the roots of a great oak tree. Now that is the afterlife I would be wishing for. The scientist’s reincarnation.

Sorry I rambled. ;D

Violent Posture

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:25 pm
Violent Posture
But people can see it.
Religion is obsolete.
Years from now scholars will laugh at our feeble attempts to grasp the very universe we live in.

No one needs it anymore.

Otherwise until then they are praying for the afterlife that doesn’t await them.

I can understand why people are so desperate to live forever in a paradise, I mean it sounds wonderful. But in the end, the very very end there is nothing.

No golden gate, no white bearded man waiting with open arms. There is only death. Every emotion and thought you have ever had is a chemical reaction or imbalance as well as electrical currents in the CNS and brain.

In a perfect world we would all be buried in graves without a coffin and become one with the earth again. Now that is a beautiful paradise. To die and become food for others, to give life to other living things even be swept into the roots of a great oak tree. Now that is the afterlife I would be wishing for. The scientist’s reincarnation.

Sorry I rambled. ;D

Eh having faith and believing some greater form created the world is not so useless. I think if people only pray to get to this "paradise" are not truly faithful. I don't like that people think any religious person is just scared of death. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 pm
AmberElric
Violent Posture
But people can see it.
Religion is obsolete.

No one needs it anymore.

Sorry I rambled. ;D

Eh having faith and believing some greater form created the world is not so useless. I think if people only pray to get to this "paradise" are not truly faithful. I don't like that people think any religious person is just scared of death. neutral

This.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with religion in and of itself. Religion has a ton of effects, both positive and negative. For example, Christianity preaches helping others and reflects this with the fact that there are a lot of Christian charities devoted to helping poor people and those affected by disasters. You don't have to be Christian to give to charity, but the bottom line is that those people are receiving help, regardless of the reasoning behind the donation.

I'm not saying religion's perfect, especially since people are really good at corrupting what was originally said. But I'm not so convinced that religion is unnecessary or has no place.

Religion's also the source of the mons in this one game series I really like, and I'd rather they not run out of ideas because everyone just decides that they don't need deities. ; )  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 pm
Technically I'm Buddhist.
I don't really practice though.
Occasionally I read the teachings of Buddha. And occasionally I go to temple for services. And it's all nice, but I don't agree with everything still. I don't believe in reincarnation. That's for sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:39 am
I feel religion has had its day.
If you need that security of a high being in your lives then have it your way.
And in reality that IS mostly why they are faithful, through fear of an afterlife. Mainly hell. And I'm talking about christianity here but I could go into all the other...just...strange ones.

While in theory their 'do gooder' attitude sounds great but my word...the amount of people who have died for religion is unbeleivable. While i am greatful for their art, because lets face it, its amazing. I visited the vatican recently and it is so beautiful! That is about the only thing I am pleased with.

The rest is corrupt, hypocritical beyond words,desperate and power hungry.

But thats how I see it.

Violent Posture

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:18 pm
Violent Posture
I feel religion has had its day.
If you need that security of a high being in your lives then have it your way.
And in reality that IS mostly why they are faithful, through fear of an afterlife. Mainly hell. And I'm talking about christianity here but I could go into all the other...just...strange ones.

While in theory their 'do gooder' attitude sounds great but my word...the amount of people who have died for religion is unbeleivable. While i am greatful for their art, because lets face it, its amazing. I visited the vatican recently and it is so beautiful! That is about the only thing I am pleased with.

The rest is corrupt, hypocritical beyond words,desperate and power hungry.

But thats how I see it.

It's fine that you don't find religion useful but you are stereotyping way too much. There is corruption in many other things in society and people do a lot of things out of fear but that is not good argument to say something is useless. That is how I see it.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff