Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AmeliaAmara

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:39 pm
I've been here for awhile but, unfortunately, I haven't posted anything.
My name's Jess but you can call me either Amelia or Nari. I answer to both. I'm 21 and a full-time college student (UGH). My eating habits aren't that great since I have to eat cafe food but I'm trying to eat healthier and less as well as drink less caffeine. This is going to result in bitchiness on my part since I live on sweet tea.
My stats:
Height -> 5' .5"
Weight -> 195 crying (this is the highest I've ever been)
Pants -> 16
Shirts -> Medium/Large curse you small boobs
Goal -> I would like to get back down to the size 11 I was 4 years ago. I still have most of my clothes from then. I just want to tighten and tone my stomach, thighs, and arms. Everything else can stay the same (I like being the width I am!)
My ultimate goal is to get down to a 5/6 or to just look sexy in a 2 piece. 3nodding Also, for my legs to look delish in minis. Especially since I've got runners legs. ninja Enough of my rambling now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:32 pm
Welcome to everyone! Hope to see you all around.  

dangerousfish

[The.Great.Emily]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:02 pm
User Image
User Image

I'm really shy about this but I know I need to do it.
Current Weight: 173.8 [yay!]
Highest Weight: 195 [a month ago!!! yay me!]
Goal Weight: 105

A month ago I decided to start losing weight, because I went through a huge huge break up with my boyfriend of 4 years. Hes everything I've grown up knowing a boyfriend to be, but I'm not saying he was perfect. He was mentally abusive, but his dad had just died so I didn't blame him. He had always loved my weight, I believe its because he was afraid another guy would come along and take me away if I was prettier, in fact he told me that a couple of times I tried to lose weight. Recently hes come back into my life, and hes begging me not to. Hes a lot better now, so I'm giving him a second chance [I was with him for FOUR YEARS!], but I'm still going to lose weight. I'm doing this for me, honestly. I'm tired of feeling like no body wants me, or like I'm hated because I'm the fat kid, or because I'm not pretty. I want to be hated for who that I am, at least.
=]

Thank you for listening to my EXTREMELY long story.
And I hope to help everyone with their struggles too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:31 pm
Hello! My name is Anyse, but you can call me Syuga.
I'm 15 years-old and live in Ontario, Canada.
I really love drawing, reading and having fun with friends. I live with both my parents, my 18-year-old brother, and I have two pet betta fish. I have a boyfriend named Pat who I am crazy about. <3

Currently, I weigh about 142lbs and stand at about 5'6". My goal weight is 120lbs and I vow to achieve this goal using only healthy methods!  

Syuga

Anderism

Liberal Sage

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:24 am
Hi everyone, my name is Ashley and I've been a member of this guild for a while now, but felt too afraid to post anything. In the past couple of weeks, I've decided to finally get off of my bum and lose weight, and work my way towards a healthier and ultimately happier lifestyle.

I'm 19 years old and an aspiring novelist, hoping to get my butt to college soon and study creative writing and perhaps even get a degree in teaching. I am somewhat of an artist as well, and I love to sing to everything. It's a rare occasion for me to go somewhere or do something without music.

I am quite heavy right now, but never used to be this big. After falling out with a close friend, I fell into a state of depression and gained a lot of weight. Though I won't say my weight right away, I can say it's under 250 pounds. I hope to lose 60 pounds healthily by October 23rd 2007, my 20th birthday.

Nice to meet everyone! :3

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:58 am
Hi, my name is Danielle, and i have been overweight for a while now. i'm now a junior in high school and i really want to look great for my last year.
i weigh probably 175. it doesn't seem like that much, but i'm also only 5 feet tall.
i have a problem with my good friend cassandra. she's about 120ish pounds, maybe less and she is a little... dense when it comes to things that she says. when i bring up my weight to her and my want to lose at least 20 pounds, she starts complaining that she's fat! and once she was walking behind a girl, i was facing her way and she starts making fun of the girl that's in front of her behind her back for being bigger than her. and the girl is maybe 10 pounds heavier. and i'm just thinking "um... how is this supposed to make me feel?"
i'm kind of worried that if i lose weight and maybe get a little more attention than i do now, what if she starts feeling that way about me? she's always said that i'm cute the way i am, but i'm thinking the only reason that she says that is because she doesn't want me to lose weight, she wants to remain in the spotlight.
it also doesn't help that she basically idolizes my older sister, going into college next year. my sister is really skinny and when we all hang out, i feel like i'm going to be left behind.
i know i either sound superficial or i have a bad choice in friends, but that's the story of my life

the big reason i want to lose weight is because i've been gaining weight steadily for a year or two and before i know it, i'm going to be diagnosed with high cholestorol and type 2 diabetes. i want to be heathier. i don't want to be a skinny twig though. i want to be at my ideal weight (130ish)
i'll get a picture up of me soon and i'm making a excersize plan to do everyday and it's going to get a little more intense each week.
once i finish it, i'll post it. feel free to use it if you wish, though i am using winsor pilates in addition with regular excersize.

II Laniakea II

Mega Duck

12,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Timid 100

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:09 pm
Hello ^.^ My name's Tonya and I've been struggling with my weight for ~quite~ some time, now.

Stats:
Height: 5'3"
Highest Weight: 160lbs
Lowest Weight: 120lbs
Goal Weight: 115lbs

:]

Ever since I was about 8 years old, I've been battling BDD and have been living through a mosterous cycle of binging and under eating. My first year of college was when it really hit me though, with a weight gain of 30lbs. I've since lost those 30lbs, but am looking to lose more, but in a healthy fashion. I really didn't start gaining too much weight until my second semester, because I actually got up off my butt and did marching band (colorguard, whoohoo!) and ate like a normal person, but then I moved in with a new roommate, who was a bigger slob/sloth than I was, and well... let's just say it all went downhill from there. Anyway, it wasn't really until I saw pictures of myself (especially the ones when I'm standing next to my stick of a sister) that I got a good look at myself and I really just became disgusted. It's been a heck of a journey thus far, and I can't wait until I hit my goal weight and the next chapter of my life begins :]

p.s. picture to come soon ^.^

p.p.s. I'm a calorie counting fiend and my goal caloric intake per day is ~1,000 to 1,200, but it has also been known to be as low as 300. Reasons ranging between only eating when I'm hungry (which is just not that often), and being incredibly low on money... so if in my journal you see a total intake of less than 800, please don't flip ^^

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:27 pm
Ohayo!
My Gaia name is Little_Lieutenant, but you can call me Riza.
I'm ... dare I say .. over 20 years old, and a mommy.
I am 5' 2" tall and weigh over 200 lbs.
I love anime, art, computer and video, and .... ninja NINJAS!!!, not to mention ALCHEMISTS!!
I listen to J-pop, Rock, Metal, .. mostly anything.
I'm also a private duty nurse.
I have always had a weight problem. I blame the fact that I don't eat. All my lif, I've been afraid to eat for fear of gaining weight. Then in medical school, I learned that NOT eating is the worst thing you can do if you're trying to loss weight.
I .... don't get alot of exercise. I have purchased several workout vidoes hoping to do them,.. and get a great body. blaugh YEA! RIGHT! They aren't very fun. So.. I tried DDR. xd WAY COOL GAME!! I had lost 20 lbs, ... then found out I was pregnant. Doctor says ..MORE DDR!!! gonk
SO.... 10 months later, after an emergancy C-section, I wanna do this. My little ones depend on me to be in the best shap I can be in.

Little_Lieutenant

lndigo Child

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:56 pm
Hey, there. I'm Indigo and I'm new to Gaia as well as this guild.
I scale up at a MIGHTILY intimidating 5'2" and currently weigh about 130 lbs., if I haven't changed since my last visit to the doctor (which wasn't too long ago). I know I'm already at a healthy range, I'd just like to tighten up a little. I have NO intentions of becoming underweight. xp I decided to join here because I used to do a lot of walking and exercise (I was in a kickboxing class), but after I had surgery I stayed low for so long that I just got out of shape. I'd like to burn off the weight I've gained so that I'll be able to keep up with a jujitsu class. smile

I absolutely ADORE drawing and writing. I like making games, too, but so far I've only tried those cheapo game-engine kinds. I've recently acquired a 3D modeling program (that I have no idea how to use as of yet sweatdrop ) that also offers a minor code-based crutch, though, so I see that as getting somewhere.

As far as music goes, I'm a prog nut, particularly old prog. So, I'm usually listening to Kansas, Rush, Styx, or Queen, with a little Dream Theatre thrown in. That isn't to say that other songs from other genres won't individually make me squeal so hard I pee my pants, it's just what I listen to the most. I'm really open to anything.

So... Hello! PM me to chat any time, I'm not shy. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:15 pm
Hello. My name is Lime, or Beth. Whatever floats your boat.
Lets start out with some basic information about myself.
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 130-135 ( it varies a lot D: )
Goal: to have 15% body fat
Current Body Fat: 20%
It may not seem a lot, but 5% percent of your body is a huge deal to me.
I'm tired of always being exhausted and because I have a defect with my heart I tend to get light headed when I exercise.
Which is bad news for my life, because it revolves around basketball. I can't keep up with the team.
After being kicked off the basketball team because of my heart condition (aka not being able to run sprints because of fainting ) I have decided to come back with a bang.
But this isn't only for making the basketball team next year. It's also about me gaining a positive self image of myself and my body.
Because I'm tired of constantly judging myself and bringing myself down for no longer fitting into a size 1. I was younger than, and bodies grow. I just have to get used to that fact. (But it still sucks.)
I don't care if I gain weight when I convert fat to muscle. Because muscle weighs more than fat. I understand this. I don't care so much about the number on the scale than I do about body fat percentage.
So hopefully I can accomplish this huge goal with a little bit help and support along the way from you guys.
I need to be able to change things in my eating habits, but because I eat cafeteria food, it's hard. Plus I am not supported in the household for buying healthy foods.
So hopefully I will be able to exercise and make up for this disadvantage.
It's going to be a long road, but I'm up for it.
Thanks for your time. =)

[subL!ME]

Flir

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:16 am
Hiya!
I'm Amanda or Alkalyne if you like. I've been trying to loose weight for a while but have never really had the support I needed from my family. I gained alot after moving and falling into a four year long depression. ( yuck)
Anyway I'm around 5'3" (gyah, I thought I was 5'5" for a while...) and I'm sitting at around 200lbs right now. Its not accurate caus I'm afraid to step on the scales anymore, haha blaugh . I'm also 25 years old, so something of a minority on Gaia. My goal weight is 140lbs, or less if It's healthy for my body type and such.
Before college I was in marching band in high school and that helped me maintain my weight all though high school but in college, things went downhill due to not really knowing how to eat sensibly. My family has never really been into that sort of thing. I've tried losing weight on my own, and have been successful before, but after going undiagnosed with depression for a long while I just fell.
I don't know anyone where I live so It's really hard to get out there and exersize with its just me trying to motivate myself, and my family not really being supportive. confused

As far as hobbies go I have two dogs I love and I work on a web comic periodically which you can see in my sig. (I just started so there isn't much right now)
I haven't been too into sports most of my life, but I'm trying to find some I actually like and so far I've found I kinda like tennis and snowboarding, but I've only gone snowboarding a handful of times.

I'll try to throw in a picture as soon as I get my hair dyed, it looks awful now.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:42 pm
Hi my name is Jennifer. I have struggled with my wieght all my life. Its something really personal for me and i often times easily get sad or sometimes hysterical when i dont fit into clothes i bought a year ago.. I never really tell ppl my wieght but i feel like I can this time. Ive actually been losing wieght recently.
im 5'6" and 21 years old.
last december i wieghed my heaviest and was so miserable: 213
now i wiegh 198.
I'm so happy about that cuz for a while i was over 200 pounds.. i actually dont look obese, but i do have thigh/arm/and belly fat that im unconfortable with..
I hope to lose about 35 pounds, i think thats my first goal.
I want to be healthy and i just feel like i miss out on a lot of things, sometimes i wear a jacket when im out even on hot day just cuz i want to cover up..

Im excited to get healthy and i know all of you are too!  

candekitten

Tchaik

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:19 pm
User Image

Hey, I'm Meg. whee
I'm almost 17, 5'2", and 195-ish. D:
My ideal weight would be 130-ish.
I'm sad because I had lost about 20 lbs last summer through my job, but it's come back. ;_; I worked at a local farm, so I got a lot of excersize. I'll be going back to that job this summer, hopefully, so I can lose a few more pounds.
I'm really uncomfortable with myself. Like candlekitten, I always cover myself up when it's hot, because I'm ashamed of my body. I wore a sweatshirt and pants to the Grand Canyon because I didn't want to show.
This is also the biggest commitment I've taken to losing weight. I've told myself I would do it before, but I would always break down and eat badly.
My biggest problem is not that I eat too much, it's that I eat the wrong stuff. I hate most meats, so I never eat that food group, and I'm prone to carb-y foods like pasta and bagels etc.
I hope KNOW I can lose the weight this time!!

Oh, and I also want to make some friends here, because I love people. >3<

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:29 pm
Hi i'm Barb and i'm obviously here to lose weight i really need to lose a lot of weight. i'm 18 and 5' 5'' and i weigh 268. I'll be a freshman in college soon and i'd really like a fresh start. xd  

Zakuro_okami

-Linnie Chan-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:27 am
    Hi there! My name's Nicole, but most people call me Nikolita, or Lina. Why? Well, I'd like to know the same! xd Anyway, I'm 15 years old, soon to be 16 (In two months! Yay! biggrin ) And I've struggled with weight for a majority of my life. I know you're probably thinking..."You're only 15, you haven't had much of a life." I know, I know, I agree, but what I've had of my life, it's been...weighty. I remember a couple of years ago, the first time I realized I was overweight, was when I bumped into a kid by accident, and he called me fat. Ever since then I've been working hard to get down. I'm pretty tall, so most people think I'm at an okay weight, but I want to be able to look at myself and be proud of my body, like most girls/women.

So...here are the stats..
    Height: 5'6" 3/4
    Highest Weight: Ever? Wow, I don't even remember. I know I've been pretty overweight most of my life. 150lbs is the highest this year.
    Lowest Weight: 135lbs
    Goal Weight: I'd be happy with 120, but I would really like to healthily be 115, or even a little less.
    Current Weight: 137.2lbs <--As of this morning. :3

I've had trouble in the past with loving myself for who I am on the inside, and I realized about six months ago, that was the first thing I had to do, if I wanted to lose weight. So, I went from being depressed, to being someone who loved myself. And I know now that other people love me. And that makes me even more determined.
    Anywho, enough of my blabbering, I'm sure you guys are rofling at me by now. whee
    So hi everyone!
    I'm so happy to be here! And don't mistake me for some naiive highscooler! I'm a very mature girl.

I have a picture, although it doesn't show much, actually it doesn't show anything, except my ridiculously bright eyes..

User Image

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games