Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Food Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fwikin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:39 pm
nigella's malt loaf would kick delias' a**!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:44 pm
Bah Nigella is wierd. I mean why get so turned on over Roasting a chicken? Malt loaf i could understand but really. Delia is more of the traditional woman cook, and as such she kicks Nigella's behind.  

Moomba666

fwikin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:49 pm
nah , delias idea os adding flavour to a dish is putting salt and pepper on it!, sorry but maybe its because i come from a family thats oves their food, and thus i am a strong believer in using stuff called spice and herbs! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:51 pm
lies i tell ye! delia will kill u , and so willnigella for she uses way too much rich stuff in her food, but it sure does taste damn good!  

fwikin

Moomba666

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:53 pm
You obviously havn't watched all of Delia's shows, or read all of her books because she uses all that crap too wink  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:40 am
Dammit, I have a craving for roast lamb. That stuff rules all..  

Invictus_88
Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:12 am
I crave Roast Chicken, with stuffing and gravy domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:59 am
Cleocatra Osiris
There may be a topic for Vegetarianism, but there is no actual topic for food.

This topic is here to rectify that situation.

Tell us all what your favourite food substances are, no matter how weird, extravagant, simple, unknown or mouthwatering it may be. Just tell us. If you have a grub that you don't think many people would know of, then explain it. If it's a type of food that you think has a simple receipe, why don't you divulge that infomation.

As a young girl who wishes to obtain a michelin star when she's older. I would love to hear of all your different favourites and how they can be made.

To start this off I'll tell of one of my favourites that I shall probably make soon.

Quote:
Chicken avec citron

The french name is just to make it sound fancier. To do this you just need:

About two breasts of chicken.
2-3 Lemons
Salt
Sugar
Herbs, rosemary is good
Oil
1 Onion
Some sorta carbohydrates to go with it. (Chips, rice, anything)

First chop up the chicken into bite size pieces or strips, one to two inches long. You put a frying pan on the gas and heat up the oil. Then you place the chicken along with a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar.

Next you add chopped onions to the pan. Chop them as finely as you care, it doesn't matter too much. Then you chop the lemons in half and squeeze the juice out. If you don't have a juicer, just squeeze it straight onto the chicken. Make sure you keep at least one lemon spare.

Turn the chicken round and round in the juice. Keep moving the chicken round with the onions and nearing the end when the chicken appears fully cooked, put more lemon juice and the herbs in the pan.

Stir that round for about a minute or so. Then serve with random carbohydrates.

Tastes good.

domokun

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:01 pm
Indie_Chick
Chocolate, definitely.

Now, don't tell anyone.. but I used to love meat. Thats why I found it hard to become a veggie. I've managed though, and its not even that hard.

But thats the thing. Meat lures you with its nice-tasting ness and you become under the illusion that you can't live without it. But that isn't true. Vegetarianness is simple.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:08 pm
Chipolatas. So much better than thick sausages, as they tend to have more fat annd less gristle  

and_solo_said

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:13 pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4110006.stm

To me it means that the labels will change, hopefully not the recepie or anything like that.

I love my HP sauce I do.

Perfect with an egg sandwich. I would say bacon but I've not had a bacon sandwich ever since I found pig hair in a pork steak and decided. *ew*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:49 am
To be honest, I thought Heinz already owned them..  

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:12 am
Just had a very dodgy full English breakfast...

Green & Blacks are being bought up by Cadbury's!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:49 pm
whapcapn
Just had a very dodgy full English breakfast...

Green & Blacks are being bought up by Cadbury's!

*cries* But I do my best to eat FairTrade chocolate instead of Cadbury, I swear it actually tastes better, even half melted.  

girl_no_13

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:07 pm
Cadbury is almost as good, actually. Quaker and all.
Shame they're chocolate's so full of crap, really.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff