Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
British Gaians... show your faces! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:50 am
*Puts on infuriatingly benevelont voice to feign wisdom* The grass is always greener on the other side...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:33 pm
whapcapn
*Puts on infuriatingly benevelont voice to feign wisdom* The grass is always greener on the other side...

close enough. candy will slap you now whee  

MellowYetPsycho

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:39 am
whapcapn

Oh, I'd not be so sure.. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:38 pm
whapcapn

*takes out a base ball bat and hit you across the head with it* Anyways... how's the weather? xd  

TheLoneBassist46

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Myself with two of my four basses.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:12 pm
wonderful! a fellow musician. i used to play bass quite a bit. i never learned that many things though...then my brother took the amp and bass to college with him.

what kind are those?  

MellowYetPsycho

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:10 am
Hah, I have a Vintage Stingray replica, a Dean DB96 six-stringer, a Vintage V940FL fretless bass (bubinga body, active P/J pickups - ridiculously good for the price) and an acoustic bass. (acoustic bass guitar, not an upright)

I've been playing for about two and a half years now, and I'm actually at Uni doing a degree on Sound Engineering.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:55 am
I generally speaking make a lot of enemies when I say this, but isn't electric bass just an easier double bass?
(I am a musician myself. I play piano and cello, and currently play keyboard in a band.)  

Boolean Julian
Crew

TheLoneBassist46

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:40 am
Hoorah! A fellow Musician! I myself play Bass and i've just started though, but I'm gettin there...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:22 am
Interpol - Evil.

"Letting bass guitar come to the fore.."

Invictus_88
Captain

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:45 am
whapcapn
I generally speaking make a lot of enemies when I say this, but isn't electric bass just an easier double bass?
(I am a musician myself. I play piano and cello, and currently play keyboard in a band.)

Hmm... Yes and no.

Originally when the electric guitar was invented, double basses were used in the early rock bands. But as the venues got larger, they found they had problems keeping the levels right, as the electric guitar was a lot easier to amplify than the double bass. So, Leo Fender applied the the technology of the electric guitar to the double bass, and created the electric bass. It has an entirely different sound to the double bass, and different techniques. With the exception of pizzicato playing and fingerstyle, which are similar, none of the techniques of either transpose to the other.

However, then you get electric basses like my latest toy.

Unlined fretless bass - much closer to the double bass!

And after all, isn't the cello just a big violin? wink  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:49 pm
Erix Griffon
whapcapn

Hmm... Yes and no.

Originally when the electric guitar was invented, double basses were used in the early rock bands. But as the venues got larger, they found they had problems keeping the levels right, as the electric guitar was a lot easier to amplify than the double bass. So, Leo Fender applied the the technology of the electric guitar to the double bass, and created the electric bass. It has an entirely different sound to the double bass, and different techniques. With the exception of pizzicato playing and fingerstyle, which are similar, none of the techniques of either transpose to the other.

However, then you get electric basses like my latest toy.

Unlined fretless bass - much closer to the double bass!

And after all, isn't the cello just a big violin? wink

hah. yeah really..

my friend steve has a six string fretless bass guitar. it's pretty cool. without fret's i'm lost though...that's why i find violin so hard.  

MellowYetPsycho

davidcrossfan06

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:55 am
Invictus_88
Interpol - Evil.

"Letting bass guitar come to the fore.."

MY GOD I adore that song. The band as a whole, actually.

I tried to get my (male) avatar's name to be Rosemary but it was already taken. stressed Fool.

Radiohead: Airbag.

You don't notice the bass at first but it's ******** loud.

I play guitar, badly, but I was never that fond of the bass.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:16 pm
User Image

Now this is not me, but do keep reading...

Now I will be getting a new pic soon, all the old ones I lost.

Also I did some surfing and found this pic.

Now this girl looks so much like me, only I have blonde hair to me waist i might get a trim, I don't know. Also I have blue eyes and Freckles on the checks... well you will just have to see for yourself when I get a new pic done.

Also this girl looks very posh with those colthes... I very rarely were clothes like that...

Also I am 5'5 I have no Idea what hight she is and also I am 14 she looks maybe 18 or 17, no Idea?

Also I am:

30% British
30% Welsh (yes I am usally the butt of jokes)
because they say that people from wales don't really have humor, but I sure do!
and
40% Irish

Also this is weird...

I was born in Germany, me mum and da were in the US army! whee

Mum: 22 years (SGM, E9)
Da: 20 years (SG, E8 )

And well now they are retired!

(Da only went to Iraq, Afganastand(sp?), and Hungry)

Mum was to high in rank to go

Well enough about that

I also have a younger sister (12)

Well there you have it I just said stuff, that really means nothing to any of you... sorry sweatdrop

I just like to talk about alot of stuff! whee xd

British Rebel

Lord Jagged

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:38 pm
Welcome to the GBG. I am sure that you will fit in.
Everyone else does.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games