Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grim Fantastica

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:11 am
Moomba666
British comedy is funny. It's perfectly clear to me that we are experts at making people laugh. Therefore what is everyones favourite British Comedy show/Comedian/Joke.

I like: Father Ted, Only Fools and Horses, Vicar of Dibley, Steptoe and Son, The Good Life, The Brittas Empire, As Time Goes by (Dame Judi Dench rocks) and now Little Britain.

Proceed

*Brews tea*

Little Britain. My, I do hate that programme. It's not that great, it has it's moments, but by no means is it a great comedy.

Great comedies would be:

Vicar of Dibley
Father Ted
Black Adder
Monty Python
Faulty Towers
Monkeydust
Black Books
Spaced

Did anyone see Spaced when it was on a few years back. Twas a great comedy (made by the person who played the lead in Shaun of the Dead). I've been struggling to find anyone whose seen it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:10 am
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!

ok, even though the time sequencing was off in the new movie, it was still great. i'm going to see it a million more times.

started out on radio, went to records and books and tv series and movie...who likes it?

Douglas Adams! yeah!  

MellowYetPsycho

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:35 am
I havent watched the film but I love the books. Im halfway through re-reading Mostly Harmless (Last book in the series).  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:20 am
Red Dwarf is the nads and mmmmm what else do i like Father Ted. Big Brother is a comedy coz the house mates are a complete bunch of 'tards hehe they make a very good laughing stock of themselfs razz hehe. mmmmmmmm wot else........One foot in the Grave is amazing along with only fools and horses but yh basically UK gold is the best with the best comedy, and so is LEE EVANS!!!!!  

Neon Flavoured Rave

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:38 am
_Princess ~ Zelda_
Red Dwarf is the nads and mmmmm what else do i like Father Ted. Big Brother is a comedy coz the house mates are a complete bunch of 'tards hehe they make a very good laughing stock of themselfs razz hehe. mmmmmmmm wot else........One foot in the Grave is amazing along with only fools and horses but yh basically UK gold is the best with the best comedy, and so is LEE EVANS!!!!!

Norman Wisdom you say? blaugh

Norman Wisdom out-slapsticks Lee Evans any day of the week. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:16 am
I'm wondering where the true heart of British comedy lies.

Is it in the classic sitcoms, such as Porridge, or sketch shows, for example the oh so famous Pythons? (And to a much lesser extent that ghastly show Little Britain.)

Maybe it lies in the form of stand up comedy. (Dave Allan is a master of this.)

Personally, I think it lies in all of these, apart from Little Britain. God I hate that thing.  

Arcsun

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:01 am
The true heart of British comedy is such an ethereal thing that you can't possibly find it in television or film. It's in the anecdotes you share with friends and family more than anything. All the films and radio shows just spring from conversational wit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:04 am
Fourcolour
The true heart of British comedy is such an ethereal thing that you can't possibly find it in television or film. It's in the anecdotes you share with friends and family more than anything. All the films and radio shows just spring from conversational wit.
Very true. Apart from Little Britain, where they try to hard to be funny, and fail miserably. xd  

Arcsun

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:57 am
Arcsun
Fourcolour
Very true. Apart from Little Britain, where they try to hard to be funny, and fail miserably. xd

I quite enjoy it myself. It's not as great as people claim it is, but the radio show was. I miss it so. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:02 am
Does anyone remember Outside Edge? That was comedy of the highest order. It was sharp, accessible, well acted and often emotionally involving. It also had a good catchphrase in:

'Love you. Okay? Fair enough?'  

Fourcolour

Masada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:04 pm
My favourite british comedy shows would have to be Only Fools and Horses, Red Dwarf, Little Britain, The Thin Blue Line, They Think Its All Over (if that can be called a comedy show), Blackadder (Especially the third), Bottom andTwo Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps. And my favourite comedians would be Bill Bailey, Al Murray, Lee Evans and Freddie Starr.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:42 am
Masada
My favourite british comedy shows would have to be Only Fools and Horses, Red Dwarf, Little Britain, The Thin Blue Line, They Think Its All Over (if that can be called a comedy show), Blackadder (Especially the third), Bottom andTwo Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps. And my favourite comedians would be Bill Bailey, Al Murray, Lee Evans and Freddie Starr.
Freddie Starr is a lunatic.
A funny lunatic, mind you.  

Arcsun

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:10 am
I love Lee Evans, me and my dad will watch him sometimes on Paramount together which is great because it's rare that I have the same interest as one of my family members (I really am the outsider in just about everything.)

I also like Joe Pasquale (sorry I can't spell at the moment, killer headache) although his jokes are just repeated. I loved him on I'm a celeb get me out of here, he didn't play up and he was so CUTE with those little birdy things whee
The Guinea Pig song...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:00 am
MONTY PYTHON LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL!!!!  

and_solo_said

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:08 am
and_solo_said
MONTY PYTHON LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL!!!!

I love most of the Monty Python films. Killer Bunny!  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff