Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Orks orks orks and more orks! [PROJECT! Picture heavy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:07 pm
I also finally got him based, so that the shoota won't go lower down than the base itself, and it was easily done with some scrap, and I also finally got some use of one of the plates I got from a friend when he tried out using plasticard, so he tried making some ork glyphs before making some chaos stars for his land raider.

The shoota hand still looks a bit off since he doesn't have a trigger finger, so I'm going to see if I can find a spare Warboss shoota leftover hand and use that one instead.

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:05 am
Jesus H. Christ... your a god shinobi... a god.  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:32 am

A'ight...I just laid hands on Codex: Orks the other day, and I'm even more impressed with your work now that I've seen the original picture that its based upon. Very nicely done, Shino.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:21 am
Thanks for the comments guys!

I think I'm going to prime him someday soon as well, and then decide a clan for him to belong to.

I also started another sculpt (not as good as the warboss sadly... I guess he was just a lucky shot), who's going to be a Wazdakka stand-in/Biker Warboss, I put my old Wazzie on the shelf for the moment, might re-work him later sometime to make another biker boss.  

Shinobi_8745

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:48 pm
fire - link

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 am
Dragonzealot
fire - link

hehehe! i got quoted xd *scampers away*

... *ahem* sorry about that, i have become like some kind of anime-freak atm...  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Necro Fusion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:26 pm
Come and die with the zombies in the moonlight
They become alive when you die, you cannot fool them
You got to slam with the dead and let it go now
See a thousand hallowed eyes stare into the night

Forgive me that I only read to page 6, then skipped to 10, it's late. I'll just catch up after school tomorrow and maybe work on my Threat(s) since I just got inspired looking at all of this...

That is some of the finest green stuff handiwork I have ever seen in my life. Looking at it is helping me with my own arm I have to do on my Threat. xd
Also, very, VERY nice painting. Making me want to get those foundation inks ASAP.

Overall, it's very, very nice, especially for whole units. You normally only see that kind of detail for contests... Or small units, since Orks are about 30 a unit. burning_eyes

It's simply amazing, enough to keep me awake until now, where I go drag myself to my bed and fall dead asleep. We better be seeing more of this.

MOAR I SAY!!! scream

It's getting dark so prepare to die
They're coming after you
It's getting dark and you can't get away
They're coming after you

}{Pain - Zombie Slam}{

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:46 pm
Haven't gotten far on the warboss sculpts paintjob... Been busy with Fantasy crap. ;D

But now I'm semi-back to the 40K bussiness, only with building though.

I have plans for a purely tournamental army and I just finished off the warboss, which I think I'll paint up as a Deffskull.

Here he is ladz!

'Eavy armour, cybork body, shoota, powerklaw and bosspole.

User Image  

Shinobi_8745

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:59 am
wow... that is intensely good work on what has become a boring overused model to me! i love all the little plasticard and plastic rod details!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:35 am
I can't say the plastic warboss is boring, could be a bit plain thinking of how the comming nobz look more bossy than him, but he's a great basis for converting. n_n

I'm gonna see if I can get some updated photos of him later today when I get home, I moved the chainsaw bayonet-thingy forward a bit.

"Gears 'Uv WAAAGH!"  

Shinobi_8745

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:25 am
i didnt mean that model is boring, i meant that i am bored of seeing it everywhere, i am now the only guy at my gaming group who hasnt bought black reach, and almost all of the ones who did have expanded their orks...

i made some converted red-skins tribal chaos orks a while back, but those were to sell (which i still hav'nt...) and thats all the orks i have dabbled with

but yeah, i am bored of seeing that model so much, so as i said, it is a welcome releif to see a converted version

i may get one of those models though for a conversion of my own (i am thinking that cutting the eagle from Inq. Corteaz, then using it to make a falconer ork. he would have a glove and all kinds of cool looking falconer kit)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 pm
Sounds like you've got an idea going on there. o:  

Shinobi_8745

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:28 am
Neat and simple additions and conversions there Shin! How many points of space Orks do you have now btw?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:32 am
3500 painted Apoc force (stompa included) and around te same point value unpainted, and more comming... <_<;;;  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:55 pm
Well I finally got around getting half-fuzzy pictures of him again... couldn't figure out what settings I had... >_o

But now the chain-choppa is further to the front, a supa' shot has been added (kombi-rokkit in game) and worked a slight bit on the jaw.

Hope you'll enjoy the "improvements", and no complaining on the weedy saw, it looked horrid with a longer one. :lol

User Image  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces