Submit

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:44 pm
NightIntent
Now I'm curious. How can you hate a book that hasn't come out yet?

my thoughts exactly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:03 pm
I love Eragon!!!I've read that book 4 times.I love Saphira,she is so smart,and sarcastic.Shes awsome!!!  

ninja_lord76

MyLadyMandy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:13 pm
Eragon's always been a bit of an... edgy topic with me. By all respects I should like Paolini's books, as they revolve around dragons and knights and all that stuff, but... I don't know. I just really don't care for them that much. It never seems like I can get into either of those books, and even when I do, it's almost like I have to choke them down in two days, or I'll get absolutely sick of them.

The both of them are sitting in my bookshelf, but I honestly can't see myself ever reading them again. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:08 am
Wow this guild is pretty old cuz Eldest has been out for 2 years. sweatdrop  

jingle bear

pirateninjahero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:27 pm
love both books ... wish i knew the title to the third one ...... i bet it starts with an E ..... well maybe not I dont kno  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:49 am
The thing about the Eragon trilogy is that Paolini seems to go on seemingly endless detailing of places that you see for one chapter. He just seems to include too much visual imagery in everything, and it's like, get back to the plot already, I want to know what happens to Sapphira and Eragon! >.<  

SexyDeity

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:52 pm
I'll give that to you, but you say that like its a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:25 pm
Maze353
Paolini should burn in literary hell exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim

Wat the hell!?!?!?!?!? Why!?!?!?!?! eek eek eek eek eek  

jingle bear

astrum202

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:27 am
Eragon and Eldest are quite good in my opinion and I admire Paolini's work. Despite this I believe he needs to mature more as a writer. His books may popular but more mature authors such as Tamora Peirce and Phillip Pullman still dominate the world of literary fantasy, and honestly I perfer their work to Paolini's.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:50 pm
I have many views on the Inheritance trilogy (AKA Erigon series)

First off this is a very exciting series and has a lot of promis for the third book.

next, THE MOVIE SUCKED SOOOOOOOOO BAD!

After that, Although the large battles (farthen dur', and the Firey Wasts or What ever) where I believe the best parts of both books, that said the begging of both books starts slow and needs less literary detail and more Action.

THE MOVIE MESSED IT ALL UP!! /cough sorry

and seems silly and unfair that the author would place eragon and murtag agenst each other at the end WITHOUT having eragon at his full power your almost boiling over in anger at the prospect that eragon could have killed him like an insolent worm had he not been in the heat of battle for many hours before then.

The idea that there may be more dragons on this world they are on entregues me and i hope dearly that the author decides to let eragon and saphira explor the rest of the map in the third book in the series (such as shark tooth island) or the place where human and Urgles originate.

In Any case it is a well writen series depite it small flaws and infurriating action and slow beggings, and the third book has a lot to live up to in this series and to tie up all the loose ends, we can only hope that the author has figured outhis mistakes of slow beggings and sends Eragon and Roarand Strait into battle where after he will explore/get stronger and tie up all the loose ends. (oh and a dragon War wouldent be too shabby eaither)

(personally i hope he makes a prequal to the books and alow us some more incite into what happed in the days of the dragons order and so on.)  

Crowlow

astrum202

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:36 am
I will agree w/ you on all of that. The prospect that there may be more dragons and if the author uses that in the right way it would give the plot an interesting twist  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:04 pm
pirateninjahero
love both books ... wish i knew the title to the third one ...... i bet it starts with an E ..... well maybe not I dont kno

The assumed title is Empire, and the assumed color of the book, and thus, the final egg, is yellow. I think maybe Eragon's not-biological brother gets the last egg. Think of it. Eragon, then his biological brother, and now his not biological brother.

Another theory I had a while back, is that he goes to that there tree thing mentioned by the werecat (the one where he said there would be a weapon to be found), and underneath it, he finds the original Eragon's sword, with a large pearl inlaid in the hilt. (I assumed a pearl, because I'd like the niceness of a white sword. It'd pwn, admit it.) Within the jewel is all the magic of the original Eragon, and current day Eragon taps into it, and unleashes doom upon the reign of Galbatorix.

Oh, and don't forget that he goes off and finds a nice human bride, and to hell with Arya.  

The Vorpal Tom

Phantasmagoric_001

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:44 pm
pirateninjahero

In the special edition Eldest book it showed a pic of the cover of the third book and on it it had a black dragon and as the title I believe it said Glaeder(I may have spelled it wrong or read it wrong)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:12 am
The book is ok but Eragon can be annoying (for example, how he's obsessed with 100 year old Arya and can't take her hints).  

deltora_gal

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces