Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
cutting... what you think about it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:21 pm
fools_love
the only reason i cut is because i like the pain and it helps me forget my problem .....just like beer does

Not to be invsive, but neither of those are good ways to deal with your problems. Both are self-destructive.

I've got nothing agains alchohol. And to be frank, I've really can't fault people for being machochistic. But for both of those things, I can only really be okay with them if they're used recreationally, and not for solving problems.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:28 am
A good opportunity to get some blood..... twisted  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:23 pm
Erm, I used to cut when I was 13.(A year ago)
I did it 'cause I had no friends and any friends I ever get I now feel hate me (I was friends with someone who was pretty awful, and she made me a little bit paranoid, I suppose)
And, I guess all the bullying and stuff just overwhelmed me.
I never cut very deep. And, I always hated myself for doing so in the first place.
Only my brother knows, and this is the only public place I'll say it.

I think cutting is a stupid thing to do. In the end, itdoesn't really help and it always made me feel worse, in the long run.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:30 am
Why is cutting such a bad thing? is it a disease or anything?
It doesn't harm you with a clean knife and it only makes you feel better so I don't see the point why it's that bad.
(And it's supposed to hurt)

faq, I did stop about a few months ago bcuz of friends  

neverwinter33

darkrock64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 pm
well i dont cut instead i rip the scars from my head and neck right off to cause
bleeding and infection.
its dumb but i still do it because it makes me feel better but now i want to stop can anyone help me here?
the scars are on the top of my head and the back of my neck and most of them are infected and are making me sick and weak.
and for the rest of you people who have scars dont take them off it really hurts it hurts more then you want it to trust me so ya can you guys help?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:36 pm
My dear Boys and Ghouls:

I cut. *gasps of horror* But I think I do so for the psychological release and the pleasure of pain. I don't 'Get off' on the pain, or use is sexually. I do not think it's attractive at all. But somehow, I cannot help but open my hands up once or twice a week. The pain is something new to me that I have't experienced before, and even though it causes me harm, I keep it close by. Sometimes I think it's remind me I'm still here.

Please tell me this is a phase, or something similarly common and ridiculus. I'm getting some very pretty scars and some very odd stares.  

CamTheHidden

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:37 pm
neverwinter33
Why is cutting such a bad thing? is it a disease or anything?
It doesn't harm you with a clean knife and it only makes you feel better so I don't see the point why it's that bad.
(And it's supposed to hurt)

faq, I did stop about a few months ago bcuz of friends

It's a bad thing because there are better ways to deal with your pain, and your obviously rather unstable if you feel it necessary neutral
And, because it's unhealthy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:38 pm

I didn't "cut" until more recently. What I've been doing basically my whole life is biting my nails/cuticles down till they bleed like hell. It makes me feel like I'm still feeling that I'm not empty.

xCapnGx

From_Lust2Dust

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:56 am
XMisfitsX
I started cutting a little while ago. The first time I did I was kind of stressed out and I wondered if I did cut even just a little if it would help me feel any better. And it did. I started cutting little cuts on my leg so that no one would see them and then on my upper arm and finally I've resorted to my wrists. I don't cut deep at all, just enough to make it bleed and stay red for a day. I just like the pain and stinging of it and I like to look at it during the day. It makes me feel better for some reason. I know that sounds so messed up. But I told one of my best friends about it and she's trying to help me and I gave her my razor b/c I really wanted to stop, but I couldn't. I easily got another razor and I started cutting again. I couldn't even last a week without doing it. I usually cut before I go to sleep so that I know for a fact that no one's going to barge into my room and disturb me. And this might seem even more messed up, but when my parents force me to go to church it makes me even more stressed and overwhelmed and I end up cutting myself while I'm there and it makes me feel better.

that's kind of like me...i started cutting because i wanted to forget the pain i felt emotionally....and after a while, i started enjoying it. I enjoyed the pain of a blade cutting into my skin, watching the blood slowly creep to the surface, until sliding down my arm. I have been cutting for about 3 or 4 years, and for 2 of those years i cut everyday, a minimum of 20 cuts a night. Id cut at night as well, or when no one was home, so i knew no one would see me. My left arm and right thigh are covered in scars, all criss crossing over each other and such. My friends all b***h at me to stop, and i know i should, i know its not good for me at all. But I've grown to love the pain, to love watching me bleed...I don't really understand why..Maybe its because it shows im alive, that im just like everyone else...no less than anyone else...but then again, i do punish myself a lot, because i hold everyone else in a higher place than myself. I hate myself immensely, for many reasons. So in addition to cutting for release, i cut because i like it, and because i feel i deserve to hurt...I even found to do this thing to prolong the bleeding. By getting a towel and damping a corner, and then after u cut, let it bleed for a while. Then, rub that end of the towel over the cut(s) really hard, back and forth. Then take a dry part and rub that over it, really hard over and over. Not only does it provide more pain, but it bleeds more and it makes a huge scrape over the cuts..at least thats what it did for me. I recently have tried to stop though, and the longest ive lasted was 2 months until i caved and went crazy, grabbing a shard of glass and tearing up my right thigh. I'm trying to quit again, for my boyfriend Riley...and i haven't cut that much....maybe a couple sessions of no more than 15 cuts in one. So im getting better, i think. But i always get cravings to do it, seeing as i do it when im sad, angry, or bored...bored cause it gives me something to feel and watch....but i think im getting better...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:50 pm
Alright. I'd like to address a recurrent myth: Self-harmers do it only for attention.

This is NOT true in the majority of cases. The reason people continue to believe it is that generally, they only know about the cutters who do it for attention.

Yes, some people show off their scars while explaining how miserable they are. But most self-mutilators will go to great lengths to hide their injuries. They'll cut / burn / scratch parts of their bodies that are easy to cover. They may also use methods that leave minimal scarring and are easy to explain (ie, "That's just an old burn mark," "I walked into a door.")

As has been said before, the main reason they do it is to distract themselves from mental anguish. It is a dangerous, desperate coping mechanism, but for many people it prevents actions that are even more dire. Before anyone claims that it is weak or stupid, they should have a look at the Cutting Sticky.

Almost all of you know a self-harmer and are unaware that they're doing it. It isn't marked by any behavior pattern that's visible in public. It's not practiced only by the weak-willed and whiny. And it isn't stupid. It is tragic.  

Veruniel
Crew

Vampire-Elf of the Void

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:19 pm
Recurring bouts of depression. It comes, it goes, it creeps up on me. The most I've been happy at once over the past three years, when people started to notice, has been three months. What to do?

I read the self-injure thing, but those really don't seem all that helpful to me. There are times that I really can't take it. I end up with beating a tennis raquet against my leg til it's so bruised I can't walk, haven't broken a bone. I end up crying on the floor. I end up with a belt around my neck. I end up trying to scratch my wrists raw. I end up poking myself with a knife; i have a low pain tolerance. I've been looking for a solution. My parents think I'm okay now, but I still want a therapist... What happens then? What's it like to talk to a stranger? I heard I have very hateful views, will that change? What will I become on either route?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:55 pm
I'm a semi-recovered cutter. I did it several time about a year or two ago, nothing deep and not very many. In my opinion, I think I mostly stopped because I was too young to know much about it and confused about what it was....I didn't really think "I'm going to cut myself because it'll make me feel better." I just got this sudden urge, grabbed one of my mother's box cutters from a drawer, and ran up to my room. I stopped once my friends found out and got on my case.

This year has been really stressful for me, and I recently fell back into the habit. It's gotten worse now that I'm older, know more about it, and my problems are bigger. Thankfully, I don't scar easily, and I'm good at hiding the cuts. Most recently there were about 16 cuts on my left wrist done in one morning...they still aren't deep but they bled more this time than they usually do. There's a few friends that I'll tell whenever I do it, because they know what it's like and they are able to help pull me out of it before it becomes a habit. Hah, I guess I'm kind of like one of those smokers that insists they can quit whenever they want. Lately I've been having a harder time fighting the random urges, though. I find that a good way to avoid it is snapping a rubber band over and over on the same spot of skin.

Now, while a lot of people mention that self-injurers mostly do it for a release of pain or some other similar reason, I find that there is another cause often neglected. I know people myself that do it because they feel inadiquate, weak, or they just plain have issues with self-hatered. People who do it for this reason tend to be more violent about it, and it can get so bad that they are hospitalized. This type of cutting will lead to suicide more often than doing it in order to cope with problems. I just figured I would mention that while I was at it, because I haven't seen very many people mention that type of thing. In my opinion, people who cut because they really want to seriously damage themselves need more help than people who cut to cope with things, because it may eventually lead to more serious methods of hurting oneself, and possibly suicide. I'm to trying to be judgemental, considering that I'm pretty much in the same boat, I just felt like I aught to mention that aspect.

..Luaxanna..

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:19 pm
I am/used to be a cutter. I have said I quit many times, but I know I'm lying every time.

I cut real deep. Almost dangerously deep. But now I'm reduced to cutting my legs because I have to go to work, and we wear short sleeves there. I have many many scars on me from that. I have 'LOVE' on the inside of my left thigh and 'HATE' on the inside of my right thigh. I have multiple scars on my lower legs. I also have '********' and 'ANGEL*' on my left leg. I have 'FTW' on my left wrist. And many up my arms.

I always kind of think that my body is a book now, because there are so many carvings.

I'm not ashamed of any of my scars or cuts. I go swimming in a regular two-piece like everybody else. If people look at me funny, or judge me, that's their problem. I don't mind.

My friend and I used to cut together. We were eachothers strongpost to make sure we didn't go too far. The last time I cut she was there even though we hadn't spoken in almost two years. She made sure I didn't do anything stupid, so to speak.

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff