Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
Ginny/Luna Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StargemKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:32 am
Firstly, I would like to say, that nothing in this article belong to me. This was found on Mugglenet, and I suppose we might as well dicuss it here. Considering they blocked it for discussion on the site.
--------------------------------

Newer than New
An original editorial by Theresa

After reading Why I Became a Harry/Luna Shipper by Jenna, a whole new ship burst its way into my little Harry Potter world. Admittedly, like most reasonable shippers, I am a subscriber to the conventional -- and, yes, highly more likely -- H/G ship. Though I do think those two will most likely end up together... a little alternative theory never hurt anyone.
For instance, have you ever (outside of the realm of fan fic, that is) given any consideration to a Ginny/Luna ship? Now, before you all jump back from your screens in shock, thinking I have gone off the deep end in hopes of a nice swim with the Giant Squid -- let me back up my case. Ginny and Luna connected well right from the start. Ginny not only understands Luna, but is also able to appreciate her eccentricities the way most others simply cannot. Ginny and Luna are both bright, open-minded people who care nothing for mainstream thought. The duo's trials and tribulations -- the DA, the Ministry raid, the breach of Hogwarts, and Dumbledore's death -- have brought them closer together; and, after all, people often form relationships in the wake of tragedy.

"We've got to get out of here," said Harry firmly. "Luna, can you help Ginny?"
"Yes," said Luna, sticking her wand behind her ear for safekeeping, then putting an arm around Ginny's waist and pulling her up.

"It's only my ankle, I can do it myself!" said Ginny impatiently, but the next moment she had collapsed sideways into Luna for support. OotP, page 796, US hardcover version

While the rest of the Weasleys were running around the Ministry, helping Harry defeat Voldemort, Ginny was able to find an escape in Luna. If examined from the right perspective, this is a very touching scene between Ginny and Luna.
Keeping all this in mind, there are things Luna can give Ginny that Harry never could (mind out of the gutter). I am certain that Luna, with her fanciful (even by the standards of the wizarding world) creatures, kind demeanor, impeccable ability to make Ginny laugh and serene disposition, would be a welcome change for Ginny in the reality of a world in peril; Ginny, on the other hand, with her devil-may-care attitude and fierce independent streak, can help Luna get a foot on the ground. Luna and Ginny complement one another quite nicely and, to say the least, would make an interesting couple.

Besides, why would Luna Lovegood do something as conventional as getting a boyfriend?

6/15/06

Posted by: Katie

----------
Well, what do you guys think? I never get a chance to read good and well written Femmeslash, so I don't care much. This article, because it was the only Slash one written, caught my attention, and I thought--considering all the other Ship Threads are Male/Male, this would be a welcome change.

Alright guys! Ginny does not belong with Harry to me, and if we want her to like girls, it's either Luna or Herm.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:45 pm
Luna <3 Ginny. I agree with the article!
They balance each other out.
Then, Harry can have Draco, and Ron can keep 'Mione. xd  

flight815kitsune

Friendly Conventioneer

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SamySchweiz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:55 am
I'm actually writing a fic for it right now.
:]
Lovely pairing, really.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:33 am
Finally! And I thought my thread would be the only one without any posts. -huggles-

I ususally don't do Saffic, mainly cause there's never enough fics for it--that I could find that's not only about the smut.

And Flight, EXACTLY! <33
And everything will be the way it should be.
See? That's what should have happened before 'All was well'. xP

ACK!!!!!!! -attaches self to smiling- You have to show me it!!! Have too! Have too! Have tooo!!!!!!!!!

StargemKitty

Tromper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:59 pm
Uber niffty man! I don't like Harry/Ginny anyway...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:35 pm
I totally agree with that article. They make such a cute couple.  

Kiera Greyback

SamySchweiz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:34 pm
I'll totally post it when I'm done.
It's after the series, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:50 pm
blaugh Oh boy! I can't wait to read it!  

Soren Lowrensen

ChellitaRiho

Dapper Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:13 pm
I LOVE the idea of Ginny liking girls! Gin with Luna is believable to me and the article just cemented that. Why is it that ppl don't write more fem slash? It's just as good[if not better sweatdrop ] as boys gettin' it on...

SmilingBomb, I'd like to read your fic too when you're done please!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:57 pm
I would prefer Luna over Hermione. Ginny/Luna is a good idea. I considered it during the second time watching the ministry scene in OotP. Interesting how it popped up now!  

Pearls of Dimond

SamySchweiz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:44 pm
It's totally half-way written.
But...I do that a lot with fanfictions.
I start them...but never finish them.

Must....finish....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:15 am
I'll help you with that...convincing. -grabs gun, points- Finnniiisssh. Orrr.
*waves locket back and forth* Yooouu wwillll fiinniiisshhh. ^-^

StargemKitty

Mr Xenophilius Lovegood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:47 am
im a total luna/ginny shipper. i ws gonna start a thread but i see that uve already made one.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:01 pm
LunaGinny goodness written by moi.

Enjoy, meyperhaps?

SamySchweiz

SilverZephyr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:50 pm
This pairing is my absolute OTP. I'd rant and rave about it but the lovely article quoted in the first post summed up my thoughts wonderfully. They just...mesh. They're perfect, somehow. They're so different but they get along so well. And there are so many moments--Luna talking about how much she likes Ginny in the quidditch commentary, Ginny always standing up for Luna, the train scene in which Luna is introduced, Ginny being happy that Luna was looking forward to Slughorn's party, and, of course, the wonderful scene quoted in the article. That bit was all sorts of squee <3<3  
Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff