Location of the Garden of Eden Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:33 am
I do believe the title says it all. I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on the original location of the Garden of Eden.

I'll post this here, but I'd like you to get your thoughts in first. This is a scientific list of all the places that are plausible for the Garden of Eden to have been created.

Now, I usually save my opinion for after the discussion's been started, but I think I'll jump right in for a change. My personal theory is that when the world was created, it was indeed one big lump, more commonly known as Pangea. The Garden was in the center, and when the first sin was committed, Adam and Eve were thrown out onto the rest of the earth along with all the animals. Sometime after, the world split into what would become the continents we know today.

Of course, my mind keeps putting in the "it's on another plane" theory, but I like the above theory so much better. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:29 pm
I'm guessing it would be somewhere in the Middle East, since that's where civilization began really (at least as far as I can remember from so many history and geography classes sweatdrop ). I mean, I don't think it exists anymore, but that would be my guess for where it was.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Regal Dementia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:31 pm
Im pretty sure it was somewhere in the Taurus mountains in Turkey - the geographical location seems to fit so I guess that its the most likely place (certainly more likely than other places anyway)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:11 am
I ummmm...don't know? ninja I guess they might be...uhhhhhh....~looks through the Old Testament~ >_>; I don't think it says it in here. We're not supposed to know o.o'

Random: My astrological sign has mountains? I should totally go visit those mountains! Wait...they're in Turkey. I know no Turkish and I don't know anything about Turkey.

I apologize for going off topic. I wanted to be funny?

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Sheenna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:12 am
im thinking its heaven.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:53 pm
Even if we found it we wouldn't be allowed in, cause God put a huge angel with a flaming sword guarding the entrance. Of course, times have changed, so it would probably carrying an angelic chain gun. mrgreen  

GuardianAngel44

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:16 pm
GuardianAngel44
Even if we found it we wouldn't be allowed in, cause God put a huge angel with a flaming sword guarding the entrance. Of course, times have changed, so it would probably carrying an angelic chain gun. mrgreen

Still on fire, of course. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:32 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

You know, this kinda gives me ideas for D&D. But I'm not going there now.

You know, I always wondered how we AREN'T able to find it, given that a 7-foot-tall winged being with a giant flaming sword was standing RIGHT there. I mean, couldn't somebody just stand on a chair? I guess that's a little bit of a nudge toward the "other plane of existance" theory. xd  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Lexille

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:02 pm
the garden of eden was destroyed of course...

take the fact that it was there before the great flood, and since the great flood destroyed everything on the earth at the time (if it wasent in the ark that is) then eden went too..

thats the most logical answer i can give you anyway... domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:22 pm
Lennex3
the garden of eden was destroyed of course...

take the fact that it was there before the great flood, and since the great flood destroyed everything on the earth at the time (if it wasent in the ark that is) then eden went too..

thats the most logical answer i can give you anyway... domokun

....duh. Why didn't I think of that? lol.  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

GuardianAngel44

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:12 am
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

I'm thinking Ghost Rider meets Thor.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:32 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

I'm thinking Ghost Rider meets Thor.

lol  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Lyneun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:16 am
Quote:
You know, I always wondered how we AREN'T able to find it, given that a 7-foot-tall winged being with a giant flaming sword was standing RIGHT there. I mean, couldn't somebody just stand on a chair? I guess that's a little bit of a nudge toward the "other plane of existance" theory.

What's even worse, is they're a Cherub, which means not only are they above seven feet tall, but they're bestial, have four wings, and are scary as hell.

But Lennex has a good point. I never thought of it that way.

I am curious about the ones who believe it to be in Heavan. Mind a further explanation?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:49 pm
been taking a apologetics class, its opened me up to alot of really good points. such as what happened to the garden of eden, how old the earth really is according to the time line the bible offers, etc...  

Lexille

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:34 pm
Lennex3
been taking a apologetics class, its opened me up to alot of really good points. such as what happened to the garden of eden, how old the earth really is according to the time line the bible offers, etc...

Well, feel free to share. That's what these threads are all about. heart  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces