Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like there to be?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Battosaika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:10 pm
Does anyone know if there is going to be a sequel or a prequel to the manga(not the movie!!) Deathnote?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:24 am
There is a novel that acts as a prequel.
It is about L and one of his cases.
The one with Naomi or whatever her name was.

The Marquise

Dapper Noob

Yaoi_Koi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:40 pm
^_^ Yes!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:10 pm
There should be a sequel anime because neither L nor Light really died.
It's just a conspiracy, it didn't really happen.  

saiyoucho

Ryuzaki - Silence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:30 am
A sequel would be great.
L returns, and Watari returns.
L works with N.

The problem, I think, would be... what would the plot be?
The other Shinigami notice Ryuk has been in the Human world for a long time, so they go also?
Perhaps if they do, they could give other Shinigami abilities?

The 'How to use' notes that appear during the Mid-Way session of each Anime episode... Some of them haven't been used, so perhaps they could be used...?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:34 pm
The last page of the Death Note manga says something like:

"This story of 'Death Note' is end."

This story....that means there is a possibility for annother story. Humans are interesting after all.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

saiyoucho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:25 am
Ryuzaki - Silence
A sequel would be great.
L returns, and Watari returns.
L works with N.

The problem, I think, would be... what would the plot be?
The other Shinigami notice Ryuk has been in the Human world for a long time, so they go also?
Perhaps if they do, they could give other Shinigami abilities?

The 'How to use' notes that appear during the Mid-Way session of each Anime episode... Some of them haven't been used, so perhaps they could be used...?

I'd like it to be like:
L and Watari returns.
L beats the crap out of Near because he tried to steal his job. (I hate Near..)
Light returns as a Shinigami but can't use the death note given to him.
Then he would pursue a human to do his bidding while remaining as a Shinigami.

Now that would be awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:49 am
saiyoucho

I'd like it to be like:
L and Watari returns.
L beats the crap out of Near because he tried to steal his job. (I hate Near..)
Light returns as a Shinigami but can't use the death note given to him.
Then he would pursue a human to do his bidding while remaining as a Shinigami.

Now that would be awesome.

That's a good idea - After all, Ryuk had said that Humans who use the 'Note can't go to a Heaven nor a Hell, and I assume that the Death God's Realm could be classified as their... 'punishment'.

I think that L would allow N to work with him, rather than beat him senseless.

-We weren't shown L's or Watari's funeral, they could have been sent to a hospital somewhere. It's Death Note - They could have a 'Bring-Back-to-Life' place.

I wouldn't be surprised if L was (Hopefully 'Is') an Anti-Shinigami.
He reacted MUCH more violently than anyone else when 'Shinigami' was mentioned.
The complication is that he questioned the existance of Shinigami... Hmm.
Perhaps he thought he had... 'destroyed' them all?

We'll just have to wait and see.

Ryuzaki - Silence

Battosaika

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:10 pm
If only, if only......  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:04 pm
Well I think that would be nice. I wanna see that..lol  

Nii Chan is here

liszst

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:00 am
Etou, there's the BB case Los Angeles novel by Nishio Isshin (Will come out in English next year august 2008 probably) [This has something to do with L and Naomi Misora where they worked together before Light came] and Episode Zero Pilot? The one with Kagami Taro...

EDIT: Then the L movie (prequel) coming out at February 2008! 8D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:47 am
L manga! ^^  

AnimeYouko

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:39 pm
The novel's supposed to be released in February 2008 by Viz as well as the How to Read book.

And the book clearly states at the end that people can't come back to life... I don't wanna get my book to quote it exactly but is says something along the lines of: Once dead, they can never come back. So it kills any revival ideas anyone might have about people coming back to life.

It also seems to state that all humans will go to nothingness when they die, do the fact that there is neither a heaven or a hell, though it is possible that Light ended up in the Shinigami realm since there was supposed to be more that would happen to him based as a consequence for using the Death Note and Ryuk kept telling him that he'd "find out after he died." And upon discussing it with a friend, we seemed to think that that was a possibility... considering the shortness of Death Note as a series and the fact that there's so many unanswered questions and rules that have been stated and unused.

Also, the very ending of the series, as per the last post-Light's death chapter, seems to leave a lot open since there's clearly still people who worship Kira in the most literal sense. Thus it's possible that another Kira could emerge somehow via another Shinigami or even possibly Ryuk again or even possibly Light himself as per the theory described in the previous paragraph.

Lastly, no one in Death Note really has any backstory so if there's enough demand it's possible that some might be created to satisfy that. For instance like the L movie [I know you weren't asking for info on that but it needs to be mentioned in this discussion]. The How to Read book also address that a bit, but of course there's still plenty of backstory that would be great to see for pretty much all the characters, which is a addressed a bit more in the novel for L.

So yeah.... I think I should stop now... sweatdrop That basically covers my main theories and thoughts on this subject... and it has some info on the releases of stuff here...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:32 pm
Being a shinigami would be a curse upon Light.
He would want to continue his Kira killings, at first he would be happy. But then it would extend his life because of writing so many names, and he would live for such a long time that he would grow sick of never being able to stop the crimes forever.

I would like backstories not involving shinigami or the death notes, maybe about Watari, L, Near, Matt, Mello, etc...there are never ending possibilities

Or there could be a short manga about Near and the police's criminal catching adventures, with maybe a twisty plot about a deceptive criminal, and some side story with the detectives like Matsuda.

Or maybe some stories about Ryuk and the shinigami when(if?) they were human and what they did to deserve shinigamiism.

Shouldn't this topic be in "Everything Death Note"?  

SCP-511

nmfrter

Star-Crossed Guardian

29,225 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Headstrong Believer 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:09 pm
wouhahou! It would be very cool! I want to see it!  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff