Reply Rude Discussion
I missed WHAT?!?!? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Turn the RADIO off

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:57 am
Hey guys. Went to my first big ska show the other night: Less than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, and your favorite and mine, Reel Big fish.

Well, my uncle read the time on the ticket wrong, so we got there a little late.

When we got there, RBF had finished about 4 songs, and 4 more played.

Today I asked my friend, who'd also been there, what songs I'd missed.

Know what songs I missed?!

ALL MY FAVORITE SONGS D;

Has this ever happened to you?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:45 pm
nopeee, I get there wayy too early always =] get to talk to people and all.  

Guns of Navarone

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:12 am
It happens atleast you didn't miss the entire set. They will come around again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:21 pm
Nope I usually get to shows early. Sorry you missed them though, but they'll come back to your town soon. =]  

Frankenska

eUAjwe4K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:51 pm
Well I missed the whole concert so you should be complaining too much.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:01 pm
Yes.

Mostly un ska related, however. I saw My Chemical Romance with Rise Against, and Rise Against opened. However, whoever ran that show sucked because they started Rise Against while most of us were outside in the long, long lines to get past security and get in. So I was outside and missed all my favorite songs. That was pretty damn depressing. Also, when we got in, we were pretty distracted (As was most the crowd) so I didn`t really get to enjoy them.

Then at Warped Tour, for two or three bands, I got there in the middle of my favorite song because the bands opened with it. Plus, I was busy trying to get to the pit or up near the front or catch my breath. I didn`t miss any of The Toasters or Big D though, luckily. heart  

Carousel Core

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:25 pm
Yeah RBF was amazing at that show, and AAA played an amazing cover of Holiday in Cambodia! I got to surf doing RBF too...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:17 pm
MCS4evr0
Yeah RBF was amazing at that show, and AAA played an amazing cover of Holiday in Cambodia! I got to surf doing RBF too...

That's so rad, I missed AAA though. I surfed during LTJ whee  

Frankenska

Slag10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:39 pm
One time i missed a hub city stompers set, and thought i'de missed out, but then i finally saw them live this summer and found out i had been mistaken. what a lame buch of people ._.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:05 pm
MCS4evr0

Lol AAA always plays Holiday in Cambodia. now their cover of Centerfold is great live. which they probably played on the tour aswell, seeing as they played it here.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

YoshiMexico

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:18 pm
streetlight > all bands at that show.
you didn't miss much. rbf doesn't put a decent show on like they used to, the kids would go crazy. now.. bleh it's not even worth a mention.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:27 am
Ah that sucks. I usually try to get there early.
RBF is good live. I saw them this past summer at the Summer Camp out. =]  

[.x.Evil.Pixxie.x.]

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:32 pm
YoshiMexico
you didn't miss much. rbf doesn't put a decent show on like they used to, the kids would go crazy. now.. bleh it's not even worth a mention.

streetlight
Maybe your town just sucks, cuz RBF is still great live, I mean they didn't get their usual like 2 hours or anything, but whatever. LTJ plays all their good music live, and they put on a fun show. and AAA is awesome. streetlight, they pretty much just stand there and just play, so if you'd miss anyone, it should be them because you can just listen to the cd.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:03 pm
Guns of Navarone
YoshiMexico

streetlight
Maybe your town just sucks, cuz RBF is still great live, I mean they didn't get their usual like 2 hours or anything, but whatever. LTJ plays all their good music live, and they put on a fun show. and AAA is awesome. streetlight, they pretty much just stand there and just play, so if you'd miss anyone, it should be them because you can just listen to the cd.

Dance

It's hard to compare RBF to Streetlight when talking about live performances. RBF goes for the comical, fun approach, Streetlight goes for the serious, energetic approach. It's obvious that Streetlight takes their music much more seriously, so you wont get the same feeling from a Streetlight performance than from a RBF performance.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14 am
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
YoshiMexico

streetlight

Dance

It's hard to compare RBF to Streetlight when talking about live performances. RBF goes for the comical, fun approach, Streetlight goes for the serious, energetic approach. It's obvious that Streetlight takes their music much more seriously, so you wont get the same feeling from a Streetlight performance than from a RBF performance.

yeah, thats pretty much my point. to me, a shows not supposed to be all serious and just be a replay of your cd recordings, its in order to have fun.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff