Reply The Music Artists Guild
acoustic songs: chords and whatnot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 am
i have a chordchart from my old guitar class but there's so many chords that i don't know where to start. i want to start studying acoustic rock more because of the expressive melancholic feel it has. i unfortunately don't know that many acoustic artists to look at for examples. i own a classical guitar so i'm not sure if the chords will sound as good but right now i just want to get a feel for creating melodies with different chords. i'm pretty good at coming up with some spanish classical but i can't seem to figure out this kind of music.

here's some of the chords i do know.

B7
E
E7
Em
A
A7
Am
C
D
D7
Dm
G
G7

any suggestions? lol i gotta stop coming in here just to ask for help with stuff. but hey, if someone has the same problem they know where to look right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:59 am
i don't know many acoustic only artists either...I mean classic rock has a bunch of acoustic songs you may want to look into...The chords you know are pretty good.If anything i would suggest learning sus chords like
Asus or Esus.They have a pretty sound to them.I like them quite a bit.Another suggestion is to learn the chords you know now all over the neck like a basic chord A all the way at like the seventh fret or something...So yea sus (suspended) chords  

metal-veined_heart

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:34 pm
metal-veined_heart
Asus or Esus.They have a pretty sound to them.I like them quite a bit. Another suggestion is to learn the chords you know now all over the neck like a basic chord A all the way at like the seventh fret or something...So yea sus (suspended) chords

suspended chords huh? it sounds familiar, i've definately gotta check that out. thanks and what do you mean know them all over the neck? you mean like bar-chords right??  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:01 pm
yea. but sometimes they aren't barre chord they are just chords in a differeint way along the neck.
i'm glad i could be of help btw  

metal-veined_heart

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:31 pm
haha the suspended chords do help. so far i managed to find Asus2 and 4 along with Dsus 2 and 4.

i'm throwing a supended chord in every now and then but i think my main problem is i end up playing the high "e" by accident every now and then and it sounds cruddy when that happens.

but yea thanks i learned some new chords and figured out my problem mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:08 am
Hey Kaio,

Learn how to play a C chord and then pick up the chords for the acoustic version of "Times Like These" by the Foo Fighters. It is prime example of good acoustic rock.

C is easy, it's just 3rd. fret on the A string.
2nd. fret on the D string.
1st. fret on the B string.
The G and high E strings are open and you dont play the low E string.

If you run across a D13 chord in the tabs, just play a D.

Make sure its the acoustic version!  

hoop otta

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:54 pm
thanks guys. i seriously appreciate you all helping me out. i knew the C chord already, just forgot to post it on the list with the others. i'll try and look for that book and i'll learn "Times Like These" too. again, i really appreciate the help guys.  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games