Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Have people ever made fun of you because your emo? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zekeyel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:53 pm
no realy i only have 7 real frends because other people avoid me just because im emo  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:19 pm
define emo and we'll talk.  

e x m o t i o n a l

ATBdude

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:08 am
I always get random b*st*rds coming up to be and saying stuff like aww whats wrong do you want to go and slit? ... I can get really annoyed sometimes...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:33 am
I'm the one taking the piss out of emo's and scene kids, with emo's its generally:
"Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it... mother ********' grunge fans did dingleberry."
If its a scene kid its more:
"Guy or Girl? I honestly can't tell... hey where are you going? seriously I wanna know?"  

Rellik San
Captain

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:42 am
Rellik San
I'm the one taking the piss out of emo's and scene kids, with emo's its generally:
"Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it... mother ********' grunge fans did dingleberry."
"Guy or Girl? I honestly can't tell... hey where are you going? seriously I wanna know?"

I like how you liken emo to stealing from grunge kids.

Because it's practical, and nobody gets it because the grunge scene killed itself (no pun intended).

Wait, yeah, pun intended.

But grunge kids didn't cut themselves, and honestly they looked better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:14 am
Isel -yamashi no kyo-
Rellik San

Because it's practical, and nobody gets it because the grunge scene killed itself (no pun intended).

Well the likenesses are extradonary, think about it,
Grunge - Music for disinfranchised kids who have terrible hair... emo - music for disinfranchised kids who have terrible hair.

Grunge - enveloped by a lot of people assuming the point was to be depressed.
Emo - enveloped by a lot of people assuming the point was to be depressed.

Grunge - Tended to only really play hocky, megadrive and snes.
Emo - Plays only megadrive and snes.

Grunge - Single handedly destroyed by one person who was so absolutely pathetic that when he took his life, it was deemed tasteless to be grunge... the guy wasn't even that good.
Emo - Single handedly being destroyed by someone so pathetic, they think they are going to be the next Bowie/Mercury/Prince and isn't even emo.

I say the similarities speak for themselves the main difference though as you said... Grunge has better fashion sense and actually qualifies as music, where as emo is some rich kid who didn't get a pony for his birthday crying down a mic.
Emo -  

Rellik San
Captain

falloutboy lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:15 am
Zekeyel
no realy i only have 7 real frends because other people avoid me just because im emo
same here.
most people avoid me cause the way i prefer to dress and act.
and people tend to avoid me because im quite.
but they think i just really hate everyone and that im plaining to blow up the school or something.
when the the truth is, im just really shy around people i dont really know.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am
On an entirely different note, when did it become possible to be Goth and Emo at the same time?  

e x m o t i o n a l

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 am
exmotional
On an entirely different note, when did it become possible to be Goth and Emo at the same time?

It goes back to my original theory that emo's were the goth kids that were so whiny and gay the goths kicked them out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:37 pm
Rellik San
Isel -yamashi no kyo-
Rellik San

Grunge - Music for disinfranchised kids who have terrible hair... emo - music for disinfranchised kids who have terrible hair.

Grunge - Single handedly destroyed by one person who was so absolutely pathetic that when he took his life, it was deemed tasteless to be grunge... the guy wasn't even that good.
Emo - Single handedly being destroyed by someone so pathetic, they think they are going to be the next Bowie/Mercury/Prince and isn't even emo.

I say the similarities speak for themselves the main difference though as you said... Grunge has better fashion sense and actually qualifies as music, where as emo is some rich kid who didn't get a pony for his birthday crying down a mic.
Emo -

The guy who killed grunge when he killed himself didn't even belong to a grunge band, which just makes them more similar. That was a result of commercial mislabeling, the same people that call the Smashing Pumpkins and the Pixes grunge bands, and the same people that call Guns N' Roses a hairmetal band.

And the people that call Dir en grey a goth band.

ffsghyanbh

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:52 pm
Isel -yamashi no kyo-
Rellik San
Isel -yamashi no kyo-
Rellik San

Emo -

The guy who killed grunge when he killed himself didn't even belong to a grunge band, which just makes them more similar. That was a result of commercial mislabeling, the same people that call the Smashing Pumpkins and the Pixes grunge bands, and the same people that call Guns N' Roses a hairmetal band.

And the people that call Dir en grey a goth band.

Exactly, its just that stupid. Someone with no baring in the genre kills it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:10 pm
Its all just people with their own preconceived notions, i.e. what they learn from the media that they come to dislike so-called emo's ninja  

Introspective_Twilight

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:18 pm
Oh lovely.
I am not emo, therefore I can not be made fun of for being emo.
I am "normal."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:35 am
Introspective_Twilight
Its all just people with their own preconceived notions, i.e. what they learn from the media that they come to dislike so-called emo's ninja
And the owner of this guild. 3nodding  

Rellik San
Captain

e x m o t i o n a l

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:33 am
Rellik San
exmotional

It goes back to my original theory that emo's were the goth kids that were so whiny and gay the goths kicked them out.

But if that's true why didn't they just kill them all?
Besides, i think the whiny Goth kids get beaten up until they become less whiny, or DoW.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games