Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Concentrating On Music Instead Of Looks Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You Agree???
  Yes
View Results

tanyjames

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:30 pm
i think everyone should just concentrate on how their music is instead of their looks? anyone else??

Interview With Ryan Ross:
Question: People magazine quotes you as saying it's a burnout when people have posters of you because you're good-looking and suggesting you might start covering your faces. But Blender Magazine describes you spending an hour before a show putting on your makeup, and Spin describes you taking offers from a cosmetic firm and quotes Brendon Urie as saying "I'll be a pretty boy for money." You seem a bit conflicted about your pin-up status.

Answer: I think we sort of just take that as a light-hearted part of this band and a lot of times our sarcasm doesn't come through on paper. That's the kind of stuff The Beatles went through. I guess it's just of those things you really don't have control over. You can only just hope that if people have a poster of us up in their room they also are listening to the songs and hopefully understanding what's really important to us.

that's right "fans", listen to their music and don't obsess over their looks.

sorry if i sound mean....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:26 pm
not mean, you're right.
maybe that's why they grew the beards: to see who the true fans are, who still love them even though they aren't "hawt" (oh my god that word annoys me)
so yeah
you're right, tanyjames wink  

SingPaNiCDiScO

X0Euphoria0X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:30 pm
im a guy so i have no choice but to like them for their wonderful music xd 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:20 pm
It's not mean, I totally agree. But in another way, I'm sick of reading threads like this over the internet. As fans (especially the fans that are really obsessed and watch like, every interview), we know that our Panic! boys hate being recognized for their looks and not their music. They've said it far too many times, and after everytime they say it, people make a huge deal out of it. I mean, on every Panic! board I've ever been on, if you post even one simple thing about their looks, people attack you about how you should like Panic! At The Disco for their music and not their looks. And like I said before, I totally agree. But sometimes I think people go over-the-top about it.

The Panic! boys, and Panic! fans, all need to realize that they are in the public eye at every moment. Whenever they are out and about, paparazzi is going to photograph them whether they like it or not. It's just one of those faults about being famous. They could mess up once (say something stupid, wear something offending, write a shitty song, etc) and it could ruin their entire career.

Being in the public eye when they are so very young, and lets admit it, so VERY good looking (yes, I have the guts to say it, and I just did), people are going to talk about their looks (what they wear, their hair style, their weight, height, etc). It's uncontrolable. I think it's absolutely rediculous to try to block off talking about their appearence, because it's just something that comes with fame. We've all heard the quote, "Appearence isnt everything," but when you're in a mainstream band like Panic! At The Disco is, it's a pretty big chunk. If these boys werent as attractive as they were, I highly doubt they would have been as sucessful as they were. Most of their fans are young teenage girls, and what kind of teenage girl would want to obsess over someone who is unattractive, and not fun to look at? Sure, you might say, "I like Panic! At The Disco for their MUSIC, not their looks" but I think most fans just say that because the band WANTS them to like them for their music, not their looks. If the band never mentioned ANYTHING about that, I doubt their would be as many people saying that as there is.

So, I guess overall, I agree with you, and Panic! At The Disco. This is a good thread to remind us of what the band wants. Panic! At The Disco wants us, as fans, to focus on their music, not their looks. But I think to completely block off their looks from discussion is unnesessary. I hate to say this, but the boys need to realize that they got themselves into it, and it's just something that comes with being in a popular band.

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:25 pm
Click here to download the interview that was posted by tanyjames.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:53 am
I agree with everything in this thread xp

It'd be silly to like Panic! only for their looks, but it's also silly to pretend like their looks have absolutely nothing to do with the band's appeal. Part of the reason we love Panic! At The Disco is for their makeup and costumes. The theatrics have kind of become part of the music. The fact that they're all gorgeous just makes things even more fun for the fans xp

Polyphonic Twilight

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:00 am
Thank you =)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:02 am
No problem. ;D

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:45 pm
I saved this article in my favorites. I thought this was a good thread to bring it back out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:49 pm
Geez, I don't understand why girls are so obsessed with their looks. In my opinion, they're not even that hot. I'm not saying Brendon and the others are ugly but they're not hot at all. They're just attractive. They have their days when they look good looking but sometimes they look like a mess. I don't even care about how they look or how any artist look. Heck, Chamillionaire's my favorite rapper and he looks like a monkey.  

CrowFeathers

tanyjames

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:40 am
`PrimeRib
It's not mean, I totally agree. But in another way, I'm sick of reading threads like this over the internet. As fans (especially the fans that are really obsessed and watch like, every interview), we know that our Panic! boys hate being recognized for their looks and not their music. They've said it far too many times, and after everytime they say it, people make a huge deal out of it. I mean, on every Panic! board I've ever been on, if you post even one simple thing about their looks, people attack you about how you should like Panic! At The Disco for their music and not their looks. And like I said before, I totally agree. But sometimes I think people go over-the-top about it.

The Panic! boys, and Panic! fans, all need to realize that they are in the public eye at every moment. Whenever they are out and about, paparazzi is going to photograph them whether they like it or not. It's just one of those faults about being famous. They could mess up once (say something stupid, wear something offending, write a shitty song, etc) and it could ruin their entire career.

Being in the public eye when they are so very young, and lets admit it, so VERY good looking (yes, I have the guts to say it, and I just did), people are going to talk about their looks (what they wear, their hair style, their weight, height, etc). It's uncontrolable. I think it's absolutely rediculous to try to block off talking about their appearence, because it's just something that comes with fame. We've all heard the quote, "Appearence isnt everything," but when you're in a mainstream band like Panic! At The Disco is, it's a pretty big chunk. If these boys werent as attractive as they were, I highly doubt they would have been as sucessful as they were. Most of their fans are young teenage girls, and what kind of teenage girl would want to obsess over someone who is unattractive, and not fun to look at? Sure, you might say, "I like Panic! At The Disco for their MUSIC, not their looks" but I think most fans just say that because the band WANTS them to like them for their music, not their looks. If the band never mentioned ANYTHING about that, I doubt their would be as many people saying that as there is.

So, I guess overall, I agree with you, and Panic! At The Disco. This is a good thread to remind us of what the band wants. Panic! At The Disco wants us, as fans, to focus on their music, not their looks. But I think to completely block off their looks from discussion is unnesessary. I hate to say this, but the boys need to realize that they got themselves into it, and it's just something that comes with being in a popular band.

Thanks! smile biggrin biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:16 am
tanyjames

No problem. xD

PrimeRibby
Captain

Your WatchQueen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:53 am
`PrimeRib
tanyjames

No problem. xD
Well you proved a good point. This reminds me of my AP english class discussions; which I really loved. Thanks for making this gulid intellgent! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:11 am
SweetSurferAtHeart
`PrimeRib
tanyjames

No problem. xD
Well you proved a good point. This reminds me of my AP english class discussions; which I really loved. Thanks for making this gulid intellgent! biggrin

it is sometimes just annoying when girls are like. "OMG BRENDON URIE IS SOOO HOTT!!! I LOVE PATD!!!"
when they only like panic! because of brendon  

tanyjames

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:41 pm
SweetSurferAtHeart
`PrimeRib
tanyjames

No problem. xD

Haha. I try, I try. =D

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces