Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
Should L have his own manga?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think L should have his own manga?
  Yes!
  No
View Results

Battosaika

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm
Do you think L should have his own manga that would be about his past and background?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:29 pm
Definetely. L could probaly accomodate for an entire manga series with his past alone  

vampireeskimo

Battosaika

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:32 pm
vampireeskimo
Definetely. L could probaly accomodate for an entire manga series with his past alone

dude i know!!! i so wish they would make a manga for L!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:55 pm
haha. yeah he should! O:
he'll narrate everything and all his thoughts and whatever...
Near, Mello, Watari, and L are like enigmas...
we don't know anything else about them other than what they are now...
o.o'''

xX_Elysium_Xx

Alara Star

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:25 pm
That would be very awesome, but I'd also be worried that it wouldn't turn out too good. After all, he'd have to have some significant struggle that he would have to overcome that would JUSTIFY him having his own manga, and seeing as how no MAJOR investigation (to this scale anyway) was mentioned in the original manga, and since he's so young, it'd be kind of hard to be done and stay true to the original story.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:21 am
0_0 I never thought about it........but yes, yes heshould! ^_______^ heart  

Yaoi_Koi

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:26 am
It could be great if done correctly! And this is what they're going to be doing with the 3rd Death Note movie that begins filming in August... "A spin-off film directed by Hideo Nakata is currently in pre-production. It is announced to be dedicated to the pre-history of the character of L and released in the first half of 2008." So speaks Wikipedia... hopefully it's a good movie [prays].  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:05 am
Jam-Kiske
It could be great if done correctly! And this is what they're going to be doing with the 3rd Death Note movie that begins filming in August... "A spin-off film directed by Hideo Nakata is currently in pre-production. It is announced to be dedicated to the pre-history of the character of L and released in the first half of 2008." So speaks Wikipedia... hopefully it's a good movie [prays].

XD
Wow! I really hope it's good too. Or I may go on a rampage along with many other fans. @__@

Here's hoping it's great!  

Monstre_Charmant

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:22 am
I'd find a manga about just L quite interesting. You might get to see more about his past.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:23 am
Monstre_Charmant
Jam-Kiske

XD
Wow! I really hope it's good too. Or I may go on a rampage along with many other fans. @__@

Yeah... it's kind of a prequel thing which could be bad or really good... I hoping the original author has something to do with the writing cuz I don't want it to be filler-like or anything...  

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

vampireeskimo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:11 pm
Jam-Kiske
Monstre_Charmant
Jam-Kiske

XD

Yeah... it's kind of a prequel thing which could be bad or really good... I hoping the original author has something to do with the writing cuz I don't want it to be filler-like or anything...

yea, it would be really bad and pissy if it just turned out to be a filler evil  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:51 pm
I've heard that there was a novel about L's past. It starts out in Mello's POV talking about stories that L told him and that he won't tell them all but this one. It also gives more information on the orphanage and previous sucessors to L that didn't cut it.

I'm not sure what it's called or if it's really real, but I've heard people on Live Journal talk about it. From what I heard it was a cute story.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:20 pm
Holy crap! You're right... why did I never notice that before? And it says the novel will be released in English in Februrary 2008... which is also when How to Read is going to be released here! O.o

"A novel adaption of the series has been written by Ishin Nishio, called Death Note: Another Note. It serves as a prequel to the manga series, with Mello narrating the story of L's first encounter with Naomi Misora during the Los Angeles "BB Serial Murder Case" mentioned in volume 2 of the manga. Beside Naomi's character, the novel focuses on how L works. Insight was given into Watari's orphanage and how the whole system of geniuses such as L, Mello and Near were put to work. Viz will be releasing the novel in English in February 2008." So says Wikipedia.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:35 pm
I read a bit of fan translation for the novel that goes about the BB case and it was so cute....I would say something about it but I don't want to spoil anyones experiences. I'm glad to hear that they are comming out. biggrin

Also people in that novel have weird names acoording to fan translation (which is probably way off), expecially B. It's even weirder than the name I heard them give Matt.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

DeathOrCake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:22 pm
omg yes! you don't get much info on his past and that stuff anyways. plus, it would make a lot of people happy xD but seriously, there should be. like when he was at Wammy's Orphanage and...his life before he became a detective ;D  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff