Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Extended Discussion
What is life really about? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

violentmurderbot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:40 pm
any ideas? YES i do understand this is a huge topic to cover. its freaking massive.

but id love to hear what you guys think.

domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:25 pm
42... thats the answer

lol only kidding

Whats life about... life... is purely about fulfillment and vanity, in the search for fame and glory so we might one day be able to live forever through the memories of out descendants, and as such become eventually legends designed to inspire, embolden and even cast fear upon the peoples of the future.  

Rellik San
Captain

violentmurderbot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:47 pm
Rellik San
42... thats the answer

lol only kidding

Whats life about... life... is purely about fulfillment and vanity, in the search for fame and glory so we might one day be able to live forever through the memories of out descendants, and as such become eventually legends designed to inspire, embolden and even cast fear upon the peoples of the future.

hehee rofl
wow that was very profound
i love it
4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:26 am
violentmurderbot
Rellik San
42... thats the answer

lol only kidding

hehee rofl
wow that was very profound
i love it
4laugh

Lol not really that profound just a point of fact that all human endeavor is about one of 3 things, bringing me to that conclusion, the 3 things are, to eat, to mate and to live forever.

I also thought I'd put the Douglas Adams joke in before anyone else had chance. razz  

Rellik San
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:29 pm

I'm LDS (Mormon), and we're taught to believe life is a test.
I believe in God, the plan of salvation, and all that jazz, so that's what I believe.
But.
IF religion IS void, and there is no "creator," and we were just an evolved species, then I believe that there is no given meaning of life, or something it is about. It just is.
For a meaning or a reason, you'd have to make your own. It'd be your meaning to/of life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:03 am
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

I believe in God, the plan of salvation, and all that jazz, so that's what I believe.
But.
IF religion IS void, and there is no "creator," and we were just an evolved species, then I believe that there is no given meaning of life, or something it is about. It just is.
For a meaning or a reason, you'd have to make your own. It'd be your meaning to/of life.
QFT

but um what ugs me most about all thta creation and religion crap is that we can't get past who created god, but those people who just think we're here to be here, i don't know how they can accept that  

The Dadalorian
Crew

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:48 pm
If anything else, religion is a comfort thing...something to believe in.
But from my perspective, humans/people aren't supposed to know everything yet. There's too much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:41 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

But.
QFT

but um what ugs me most about all thta creation and religion crap is that we can't get past who created god, but those people who just think we're here to be here, i don't know how they can accept that

How you can unquestioningly accept the creation of the world by a god?

That question works both ways, and in truth, why does anything exist?

Maybe to simple avoid non-existence.  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:58 pm
Rellik San
Soviet Mudkipz
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

But.
QFT

it's better than not belevieing in anything just being here for just because  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:12 am
Soviet Mudkipz
Rellik San
Soviet Mudkipz
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

But.
QFT

it's better than not belevieing in anything just being here for just because

I wouldn't go that far, but if you take comfort in a creator, so be it, I take comfort in one too, though as I've said before, not one of divine influence.  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:15 am
i think it'd just be depressing think that there's no point to living, you're just here.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:58 am
Soviet Mudkipz
i think it'd just be depressing think that there's no point to living, you're just here.

Ahhh but then if there is a divine creator, then surely to some thats discomforting, as then the questions of free will and destiny start to come in to effect. For some people they like to believe there is no almighty creator so that they can live freely.

Obviously you take comfort in the thought there is, and who am I to even attempt to convince you otherwise? I'm just saying that the other views of people do make a lot of sense when you consider the raw individuality of a single person.  

Rellik San
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:13 am
I find it comforting to believe in a creator. I really don't like the theory that there may be nothing after death.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:03 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
I find it comforting to believe in a creator. I really don't like the theory that there may be nothing after death.
it's weird tihnkign that, it kind of scares me
i guess i just need to think from their point-of-view  

The Dadalorian
Crew

Gai4_hacks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:32 pm
No one really knows for sure - but imagine the world without life.
It'd be nothing. At all.
That's a scary thought.

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas