Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
ID Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaoticAngelofElvenBlood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:21 pm
I'm curious. Has anyone here gotten ID'd buying their yaoi?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:59 pm
Not yet.
Hopefully I never do. x_x

External Penetration

Greedy Codger

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:11 pm
nope, but i got a weird look from a male cashier once xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:23 pm
Hm, no never. the people at the cash don't really notice that over here. Most of them are pretty young so they either don't pay attention or forget to check.
XD Oh yeah~ cool (wouldn't matter much since I'm legal over here lol)

Mage_Almasy

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:41 pm
Eheh... no ^^;; Sushii hasn't dared to buy an 18+ yaoi yet (I'm such a wuss...) ANYWAY, if I did, I'd probly get ID'd. I live in a country where you need a credit card receipt, passport, ID and letter sent to you, just to be allowed to rent a DVD. And I'm not kidding. That happened.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:18 pm
Sushii-Princess
Eheh... no ^^;; Sushii hasn't dared to buy an 18+ yaoi yet (I'm such a wuss...) ANYWAY, if I did, I'd probly get ID'd. I live in a country where you need a credit card receipt, passport, ID and letter sent to you, just to be allowed to rent a DVD. And I'm not kidding. That happened.

... do you have On Demand? XD

I'm too much of a wuss to buy yaoi too. I'll be eighteen in less than a month, but I'd probably still be too embarassed. sweatdrop  

retice

Sorinchako

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:58 pm
I've only bought one yaoi manga and nothing. Just a funny look. Most of the stuff I buy is Shounen-ai anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01 am
I've only every brought Loveless before.
o_____________o
But if I tried to buy yaoi I think I would get ID'd if the cover was... suspicious or the cashier bothered to check the warning.
'Cause I'm short and only 14.
xoxox 'sewaa

psychotic LEE

Dracavia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:57 am
I've never been ID'd when buying yaoi, and I'm thankful for it. Then again, that may be because I usually order mine in, and the people in the bookstore just hand it to me still in the box it was shipped in. I guess they don't care what their customers are buying. The worst I've ever gotten when buying yaoi directly from the store are strange looks whenever there's a male cashier. xd

Weird thing is, though, I've been ID'd for non-yaoi manga that didn't even have any inappropriate content in it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:55 am
I got close. I'm only 14 and i got an 18+ book. I'm tall for my age and I can pass for a 16-18 year old if I wanted to. The cashier just looked at me funny and threw the books at me. xd

And of course I can't ask my parents or my sister to buy it for me...It would really suck if they asked for an ID.  

-Fear-Regret-

Chakura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:07 am
nope never happened to me  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:56 am
That hasn't happened to me yet and i hope it never does ^.^  

Kya_Hanyou

Pax et lux

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:17 pm
Yep, they called the cops and even sent me to prison. I almost got the electric chair. And then pigs flew. The world blew up. The end.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:29 pm
i'm friends with the owner of the place i buy mine... so they don't check me any more!... by the way i'm only 16... so i'm shocked i've never once been carded  

slideshowgirl

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:35 pm
retice
Sushii-Princess

... do you have On Demand? XD

I'm too much of a wuss to buy yaoi too. I'll be eighteen in less than a month, but I'd probably still be too embarassed. sweatdrop

Well. here in Australia, they need proof that you're an australian citizen. Because, If you're not australian, you might use your dvd/book/video game to blow up a building or something like that... a muslim woman got arrested for having an iPod on a plane. They're a bit overprotective, really afraid of terrorism. I think its racist D:
They would never let me buy an 18+ book... never xD They don't even let me buy a 15+ video game. So I get my parents to get it for me..

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff