Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Extended Discussion
Christianity Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Religious?
  Yes.
  No.
  Maybe.
View Results

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:24 pm
There are so many views on Christianity, and I am Christian. Recently, I had been told certain things for fact, and was not even allowed to argue my opinion. These are those:

-God has no gender and is referred to "he" only so we can wrap our minds around the "father" concept

-Angels have no gender, and were created only to do as God says. There is no room for disobedience, they have no free will.

-Men cannot become angels. (Men being generic...men and women.)

-Christ is God in man form. Christ is God.

DO NOT FLAME IF YOU DO NOT AGREE.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:06 am
I don't get christianty. I just follow the morals the bible teaches, though I don't consider myself a christian. And God shouldn't be a He or She, but God.

Jesus Christ.  

Dave Dave

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:09 pm
i thought you were mormon too ashes?

Adam became either angel Gabriel or Michael..i think it was Michael
and moroni did too

Christ, God, and the holy ghost are 3 separate things, look at his baptism
he wouldn't call himself his own son, and descend upon himself

they do have genders...i think..

how can god have no gender when theres a heavenly mother?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:53 pm
I am Mormon. When I created this topic I was mostly ticked, and didn't focus on putting what I believe. Would you like me to post what it is that I believe? And yes, Adam became Michael, and is also referred to Adam known as Michael, so I think he either kept his name, or that may've been his name before coming. Something like that. It gets complicated.  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:27 am
idk, my mom says when you go into the temple or something you're given your name that you had in heaven, of course you don't hear much of what goes on in there besides the baptismal font  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:26 pm
Yeah, pretty much. Mi madre told me the same thing. Anything past that, you're not really supposed to discuss outside of the temple.  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Apocalyptical Elucidation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:33 am
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Yeah, pretty much. Mi madre told me the same thing. Anything past that, you're not really supposed to discuss outside of the temple.
i don't know anything past that gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:19 am
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
No offense but that seems a bit secretive in my opinion.

Of course thats assuming don't allow people who may just be interested in the faith, to spectate or visit the temple (paying the proper respects when they do of course).  

Rellik San
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:40 pm
Rellik San
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

Of course thats assuming don't allow people who may just be interested in the faith, to spectate or visit the temple (paying the proper respects when they do of course).

Well, the idea is that it's holy. There were a lot of people in the past (in LDS Church History) that would go to defile the temple, because they didn't agree on the religious practices. The temple is a holy place to perform baptism for those that have already passed on and didn't have a chance to be in life, perform eternal marriage, and recieve blessings.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:26 am
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Rellik San
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

Well, the idea is that it's holy. There were a lot of people in the past (in LDS Church History) that would go to defile the temple, because they didn't agree on the religious practices. The temple is a holy place to perform baptism for those that have already passed on and didn't have a chance to be in life, perform eternal marriage, and recieve blessings.
A shame really, because I love visiting churches of all creeds to look at the architecture, but always paying proper respect, its a shame a few 100 idiots can spoil that.  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:58 am
Rellik San
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Rellik San
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

A shame really, because I love visiting churches of all creeds to look at the architecture, but always paying proper respect, its a shame a few 100 idiots can spoil that.
just look at the pictures of the outsides, the architech is amazing.
here's my favorite one, outside and inside, it even has an open roof at a place and it's just a place where plants grow and stuff it's amazing, i haven't been in it yet but i will soon
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:40 pm
Which location is that one, Sov?  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:00 pm
San diego!!
iv'e been i nthe st george and la soon the nauvoo for EFY  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:58 pm
I've been in the Portland Temple, and on the grounds of the Salt Lake City Temple. EFY?? =(
I forgot to sign up again this year. I wanted to go so bad, too.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:38 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
I've been in the Portland Temple, and on the grounds of the Salt Lake City Temple. EFY?? =(
I forgot to sign up again this year. I wanted to go so bad, too.
gonk we should go to the same one next year, that'd be cool, or creepy...XD if we did it'd be awkward for a while.
i've been to the salt lake grounds like 2,000 times. i haven't been to the top of the conference center roof. but i heard someone fell off  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff