Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:12 pm
    This is an offshoot of a storyline in the Vortex bar
    Go there to find out more.
    Characters:
    Saoraan~ A creative science officer, prepared for most occasions, who likes making useful modifications to his Starfleet Tricorder. Cheerful in attitude, with great knowledge on many aspects. (RP'd by Saoraan)

R'Ukannak~ A Half Klingon, Half Vulcan, who enjoys to drink. Soon to be a Chief Engineer on a new starship, she is currently posted on DS9 as an Engineer. She has experience with Security, as she was an ensign in that field when she first left the Academy.

ShadowShifter~ A mysterious vampire from centuries ago, formerly human, and then cryogenically frozen (how and why unknown). She is currently having health issues. R'Ukannak and Saoraan are mystified, and confused, by her existance.

MORE CHARACTERS ARE NEEDED.
    We need people like Jadzia Dax, Dr Bashir, etc.
    Or, make up your own character and join in!

+==+==+moo+

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:20 am
    R'Ukannak woke from a deep sleep. Her commbadge was beeping.
    Picking it up off the table, she answered the communication.

''Lieutenant N'worB here'
    ''This is sickbay. Report here immediatly. We need information on our.. Puzzling patient and we understand you were one of the first to make specific contact with the being.''
    ''On my way''

Within minutes, she was in sickbay.
    The 'Vampire' was in a containment field.

''I do not understand. Is it a virus? Why is she in the containment field?''

The doctor explained the situation to R'Ukannak.
    They could not figure out the problem, so they had to take extra precautions.

The body on the biobed was frail, her vital signs below average, but not life threatening.

''She needs blood. Deer blood, apparently'' The Vulcan-Klingon said. ''She needs nutrition or she will die. This being is unique, an incarnation of the mythical Earth characters. You must not let her die. Is that clear?''

The young doctor, a new recruit to Bashir's team, simply nodded.

+==+==+moo+

-[.Moo.]-

Saoraan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:14 pm
*arrives in sickbay to check on the vampire sees R'Ukannak ordering the doctor to make sure she does not die* She is in a stasis field to keep her alive if we let her out the degeneration would kick in and she would die almost instantly. Dr. Bashir and I are working on a more permanent solution but the going is slow ... if only we knew more about how this was done to her and what techniques were used to do it ... EUREKA!! R'Ukannak come with me. *grabs R'Ukannak and hauls her off to his quarters* Have you ever heard of the Guardian of Forever?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:48 pm
    R'Ukannak is mildly angered by this sudden outburst. But she lets it pass.
    ''The.. Guardian of Forever... Wasn't that a construct designed to travel to a specific place in time and space? I believe James T. Kirk first encountered it. But.. If you are thinking what I presume you are suggesting, I strongly discourage it.
    We could do untold damage to the true timeline and possibly even wipe out our timeline, as in, we could never meet the Vampire, never even have this conversation.
    May I remind you, that in the Earth year 2376, the Romulan Empire seeked to capture the USS Voyager by using time distorting wormholes. This incident could have potentially destroyed the entire Federation.''

R'Ukannak thought about the suggestion. Every logical fibre of her body was telling her to dismiss it. But she still had Klingon blood pulsing through her veins. She liked adventure. Risks. Curse that Klingon recklessness

''However. It is theoretically possible that we could discover what happened to the human in the 21st Century. Although, we would have to use strict stealth measures to stop us from changing the course of history. This means just watching. Not disturbing.
    Tell me your plan. I presume you have, as humans say, 'Cooked one up'?''

+==+==+moo+

-[.Moo.]-

Saoraan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:42 am
Indeed I have ... we should travel to the guardian of forever and once there ask it to show us the date that the vampire told us she had been abducted, remember that the guardian can be used to merely view the past we would not even actually go back in time ... what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:01 am
    ''That is a reasonable assumption. But first, we need a ship. Second, we need time. At warp 9, it would take approximately 5 Earth days to reach the Guardian. We do not know if our friend has that time.'' R'Ukannak told Saoraan.
    ''Either that, or we find some borg technology to take us there in minutes. Which, may I remind you, is highly dangerous and improbable.''

R'Ukannak thought about their predicament carefully.

''If she weren't in stasis, I could simply mind meld with her and possibly find out what is required. Unfortunately, that is impossible''

She suddenly, unwittingly, let out her pent up anger on a bulkhead. It dented.

''I... I... I am sorry, Saoraan. My behaviour was not anticipated.''

Leaning against the bulkhead, she sighed. What could possibly get them to the Guardian of Forever in less than 5 days? And how could they know if it would help them?
    So many problems.

''I think we should find some way of communicating with Shadow Shifter through the stasis field. She may be able to offer some advice on our predicament'' She told Saoraan.

+==+==+moo+

-[.Moo.]-

Saoraan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:34 am
You needn't worry about the timing the stasis field should keep her alive indefinitely. As to whether or not the guardian will assist us ... I can make no guarantees. Do you have a better idea?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:59 am
Slowly shadowshifter awakens, finding herself laying inside a containment field. "Wh..where am I?" she says as she looks around the room, trying to see if someone is in there with her.  

shadowshifter01

6,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
  • Profitable 100

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:56 am
    Dragging Saoraan by the arm, R'Ukannak walks into sickbay as her new friend wakes up.

''How can she wake up, she's in a Stasis Field... One of the many wonders of you, my vampiric aquaintance'' She smiles, almost humanly at the sick patient.

''Saoraan has an idea. We could go to the Guardian of Forever and watch what happened to you all those years ago. It may help us find a way of stabilizing your condition, maybe even curing it, if you so wish. But we need to know a few things.
    First, it might help if we knew where you were on Earth at the time you.. Became a vampire. Secondly, we need to know your human name, if you could remember it.'' She says quickly.

+==+==+moo+

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:21 pm
*shocked that the vampire can be active in the stasis field turns to R'Ukannak* We may have less time than I thought. If she can be active in a stasis field the degradation may continue ... we should leave for the guardians planet immediately ... I'll requisition a runabout meet me at pad c.  

Saoraan

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:29 am
    Giving Saoraan a quick nod of confirmation, she made her way to her quarters to pick up some of her things.
    She requested a short leave for her and Saoraan, which was granted, as Bashir had told the command staff about the patient.

She picked up her phaser, which she had been given by a teacher in the Acadamy.

She also picked up a couple of spare energy cells, some clothes for different conditions, a small Klingon blade, some meditation aides, a long range communicator and a few PADDs with various schematics and images on, aswell as the current work of fiction she was reading. Grabbing her bag, she made her way to sickbay, requesting an emergency medkit. She then informed her superiors of her leave, and took the turbolift to pad c.

She saw Saoraan waiting, with a bag alot smaller than her own, and greeted him.

''Bashir says her degeneration is 67% less than without the stasis field. He has approximated that she will survive for no more than a month.'' She said.

Climbing into the small ship, which was almost like a miniature Defiant, she quickly performed the necessary pre flight checks, and plotted the course as required. She saw her new shipmate take sensors, weapons (one phaser bank), and communications. She could see he was highly efficient in his workings of the controls, almost like a slow android.

She took navigation and engineering, and they agreed to take shifts on the conn, to allow time for rest.

The ship rose elegantly, and she set the speed to warp eight, the vessel's highest capacity.
    They were on their way to the Guardian.

+==+==+moo+

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 am
Our trip to the planet of the guardian will take approximately 2 days. I have been doing some research on the time period in question and I have developed some theories. My primary theory is that our vampire's abduction may have been related to the genetic engineering research of that time that eventually led to the eugenics wars. Mayhap she was kidnapped by scientists who wanted to use her as a guinea pig.  

Saoraan

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:26 am
    ''That is certainly possible. There are also people who think that time travellers enjoyed visiting and 'meddling' with the 21st century. This is highly dubious though. I have not rested for 36 hours. I must sleep. You have the conn''

She makes her way into the single quarters, where they will take turns sleeping in.
    After sending a message to Earth about their mission, which was required in the terms of their leave, she settles into the bed.
    She reviews a few of the schematics on her PADDs, and reads a couple of pages of her novel. She slips off into a dreamless sleep.

{{OOC: I can do a crappy drawing of your OC if you like. I did one of R'Ukannak: x}}

+==+==+moo+

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 pm
*says goodnight to R'Ukannak then takes the conn sets it to autopilot and returns to his research of the people and events that led up to the eugenics wars*

(( OOC : that would be neat thanks and the pic of R'Ukannak is fine (just be sure to put the tricorder in the pic) ))  

Saoraan

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:44 am
    ((ooc: what the fux happened to my post? I'm sure I posted it... Oh, and [x]))

R'Ukannak wakes up slowly, and instinctively checks the chronometer.
    15 minutes until her shift starts.
    She gets up and checks her equipment.
    ''Green Tea, Warm and sweet'' She told the replicator. She watched as the liquid and it's cup materialised in swirls of particles.
    Picking it up, she sipped it slowly and carefully.
    She put the cup back down and pressed the matter reclaimation button.

Straightening her uniform and smoothing her hair into place, she strode out the door and into the 'bridge' of the ship.

Without disturbing Saoraan, she sat at the helm and turned off autopilot, doing some routine checks on their heading.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a red light flashing on the sensor console.

''SAORAAN'' She shouted, quickly taking a seat at the sensors.
    ''There is a vessel approaching us on an intercept course. Unknown origin. It appears to be made out of several different shuttlecraft, including a Federation impulse engine and an extensive cardassian weapons bank. They appear to have cloaking capabilities, probably Klingon, but they are not using them. Their phasers are online, but they have not targeted us''

+==+==+moo+

Roleplaying Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces