Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Anyone know a good site for learning Klingon? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shopping_Spree_101

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:10 pm
I'd love to learn klingon, but i can't find a good site. anybody know a good place to learn?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:20 am
No but I want to learn it too, when you find one, tell me. ^^  

Emi Uoza

Recca

O.G. Noob

5,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:31 pm
http://www.kli.org/ ???

I don't know. What is your definition of good? I spent about two seconds on a search engine to find this site, so it might not be what you want.

I also found this translator, though the site is a bit disorganized and confusing. http://www.mrklingon.org/  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:36 pm
Recca
http://www.kli.org/ ???

I don't know. What is your definition of good? I spent about two seconds on a search engine to find this site, so it might not be what you want.

I also found this translator, though the site is a bit disorganized and confusing. http://www.mrklingon.org/
ok thanks  

Shopping_Spree_101

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:15 pm
i attend the University of Texas at Austin and in the course guide they have the option to learn Klingon! its under "imaginary languages" ! i laughed so hard when i found that...i think i might take it though...if they ever offer it... blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:57 pm
The KLI course is good.

Although, I would recommend to use the Klingon Dictionary to study. I found it was more helpful. And the Klingon for the Galactic Traveler if you also want to study Klingon culture.  

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25

Saoraan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:41 am
eek They actually have college courses teaching Klingonese and Klingon culture!?!?!? eek I must be going to the wrong college!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:41 am
Shotgun_Rae
i attend the University of Texas at Austin and in the course guide they have the option to learn Klingon! its under "imaginary languages" ! i laughed so hard when i found that...i think i might take it though...if they ever offer it... blaugh

You're kidding me! that's one of two colleges i've thought about attending! oh wow....lol  

Shopping_Spree_101

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:59 am
Shopping_Spree_101
Shotgun_Rae

You're kidding me! that's one of two colleges i've thought about attending! oh wow....lol

UT is awesome! i wore a star trek shirt to class and people i didnt know came up to me and said "i love star trek!" and started up a conversation with me!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:31 pm
Shotgun_Rae
Shopping_Spree_101
Shotgun_Rae

UT is awesome! i wore a star trek shirt to class and people i didnt know came up to me and said "i love star trek!" and started up a conversation with me!

wow sounds like heaven lol. at my school if you like star trek you're a geek and everyone maks fun of you sad wow UT sounds awesome!  

Shopping_Spree_101

Shopping_Spree_101

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:46 pm
Shotgun_Rae

i went to the UT site and couldn't find it. where's the course guide on the site question  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:46 pm
Shopping_Spree_101
Shotgun_Rae

i went to the UT site and couldn't find it. where's the course guide on the site question

if you cant find it on the site its because theyre not offering it this year. i found in in my paperback edition of the course guide. when you get accepted to UT they send you a coupon to recieve your free course guide...i think thats how it works...its been a while  

Shotgun_Rae

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:20 pm
    I have a cassette tape thats teaches you klingon
    I have yet to listen to it.
    xD

+==+==+moo+

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:47 am
Shotgun_Rae
Shopping_Spree_101
Shotgun_Rae

if you cant find it on the site its because theyre not offering it this year. i found in in my paperback edition of the course guide. when you get accepted to UT they send you a coupon to recieve your free course guide...i think thats how it works...its been a while

oh ok got it  

Shopping_Spree_101

Shopping_Spree_101

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:49 am
-[.Moo.]-
    I have a cassette tape thats teaches you klingon
    I have yet to listen to it.
    xD

+==+==+moo+

Where'd you get it?  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]