Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mirrors Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crowley Vance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:00 am
I have a friend that has been having a problem with mirrors.
He's lived in three different houses and the same thing has happened in each house.
He'll move in and things will be good for a while, then he'll start to feel a hostile energy coming from a mirror in the home. It's even go so far as to attack him.
He isn't sure what it is but he says it stems back to an incident when he was a child involving several Native American youths he grew up with and them doing something with a mirror.

Can anyone offer suggestions? He's tried different rituals but nothing seems to be working.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:53 am
The saying sometimes goes that mirrors only reflect what you bring to them. If this person is feeling hostile energy coming from a mirror, maybe the energy is originating from him and he's simply seeing his own problem? Just a thought.  

Starlock

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:37 pm
What tribe of Native Americans and what did they do?

Does he just fell hostile energy, or do things occur?

What does "attack" mean?

What rituals has he tried?

What is his religious and magical systems?

I was under the impression mirrors were pretty amagical - as in you couldn't easily do things to them because it reflected - but that's mostly influenced by their use in simple Feng Shui.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:57 pm
Deoridhe
What tribe of Native Americans and what did they do?

Does he just fell hostile energy, or do things occur?

What does "attack" mean?

What rituals has he tried?

What is his religious and magical systems?

I was under the impression mirrors were pretty amagical - as in you couldn't easily do things to them because it reflected - but that's mostly influenced by their use in simple Feng Shui.

He couldn't remember what tribe they were from, it was quite a while ago. He said that he remembered them going into a bathroom and shutting off the lights. He said he felt funny and like his tongue was turned to worms.

He hasn't been sleeping. He's constantly fighting this thing off. He hasn't been specific about what it's been doing to him.

He bound and caged it for a little while but it somehow got out.

I'm not sure what his religion/system is.  

Crowley Vance

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:34 am
I would suggest that he go and get help from any tribal elders he has connections to.

Mirrors reflect but they can also be portals to other plans and realms.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:45 pm
The problem is that we have no connections to tribal leaders. We're in Sioux Falls.  

Crowley Vance

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:24 pm
Crowley Vance
He hasn't been sleeping. He's constantly fighting this thing off.

Those two things are not necessarily synonymous.

What's going on in his life right now? Where does he have anxiety? What are his methods of relaxation or self soothing? How much water is he drinking and what's his diet like?

Try to tackle physical sensations using concrete methods first, before looking for a metaphysical cause.

Crowley Vance
He hasn't been specific about what it's been doing to him.

Are you sure this isn't his need for attention, then?

Crowley Vance
He bound and caged it for a little while but it somehow got out.

How did he bind and cage it? That's a very specific - and odd - set of language in most magical systems I'm familiar with. It sounds most similar to the Ceremonial Magick stuff.

Crowley Vance
I'm not sure what his religion/system is.

That would be a problem.

In my experience, part of the reason why most mages find a system that works for them and sticks to it is consistency - when you act, you have the whole wealth of your experience, knowledge, and past actions to support you. As such, when I act (even energy work), I tend to incorporate the runes. I wouldn't recommend this for other people, though, especially if they, like a friend of mine, have a semi-antagonistic relationship with the runes.

Without knowing what his system is, or indeed anything more specific than not sleeping (which can be caused by any number of things, up to and including too much caffeine) you're leaving us hamstrung. It's like trying to diagnose a person while talking to a friend of theirs who overheard vague details of his illness; who can say what an incomplete picture will become.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:20 pm
Why not just remove all the mirrors from the house, put them in storage? If things improve, he may be on to something.  

Myythren

godhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:52 am
Mirrors were viewed by many cultures as portals to the spirit world; in fact, there are some who believe that if a corpse is reflected in a mirror prior to burial, evil spirits will attempt to steal the soul, resulting in bad luck, curses, and hauntings for the friends and relatives of the deceased.
One method your friend might try is to cover all the mirrors in the house with black cloth, then place two mirrors in opposition to each other; since mirrors are portals, the spirits will get lost among the multiple reflections. Each of the mirrors in the house should then be exorcised through the appropriate ritual. Under no circumstances should anyone be reflected between the mirrors while this is taking place! This warning is because the spirits will become frustrated when the mirrors are in opposition, and will take their vengeance on anyone who is reflected therein--which could make things worse than they are now...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:04 am
As for mirrors being portals.......let us all remember that mirrors are nothing more than a reflective glass surface, not some magickal portal to the underworld or something XD.  

[BlkCat]

Crowley Vance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:24 pm
Quote:
Those two things are not necessarily synonymous.

What's going on in his life right now? Where does he have anxiety? What are his methods of relaxation or self soothing? How much water is he drinking and what's his diet like?

Try to tackle physical sensations using concrete methods first, before looking for a metaphysical cause.

He isn't sleeping because he cannot put his guard down. He was fine. This occurred on its own.
Quote:
Considering this subject is something that our group takes very seriously I highly doubt it.
Quote:
One method your friend might try is to cover all the mirrors in the house with black cloth, then place two mirrors in opposition to each other; since mirrors are portals, the spirits will get lost among the multiple reflections. Each of the mirrors in the house should then be exorcised through the appropriate ritual. Under no circumstances should anyone be reflected between the mirrors while this is taking place! This warning is because the spirits will become frustrated when the mirrors are in opposition, and will take their vengeance on anyone who is reflected therein--which could make things worse than they are now...

It's just the one mirror. I'll give this a shot and see what happens. We're having a hard time covering his mirrors because they're in an apartment so we can't take them down and the light fixtures make it difficult.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:27 pm
Crowley Vance
Deoridhe

Considering this subject is something that our group takes very seriously I highly doubt it.

That's just the thing - people taking it seriously means that he's getting the attention he wants, if that is the motivation (however subconscious).

As you are refusing to give further details, though... *shrug* I don't diagnose cancer over the phone with the patient's friend.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:31 pm
Every friend or associate I've ever spoken to with ties to paganism, magic or any other metaphysical matter would agree with the various suggestions to address this person's physical symptoms/needs/life first and foremost before assuming an otherworldly origin to these problems and seeking a solution there in.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:24 pm
Deoridhe
Crowley Vance
Deoridhe

That's just the thing - people taking it seriously means that he's getting the attention he wants, if that is the motivation (however subconscious).

As you are refusing to give further details, though... *shrug* I don't diagnose cancer over the phone with the patient's friend.

Our group doesn't work like that. Him coming to me means that he can't fix this.  

Crowley Vance

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:57 am
Crowley Vance
Deoridhe
Crowley Vance
Deoridhe

Our group doesn't work like that. Him coming to me means that he can't fix this.

Part of the point though is that one can not properly diagnose cancer over the phone while speaking with a friend of the patient. One couldn't do a proper diagnosis while speaking over the phone with the patient. With the information he/you have presented, there is very very little this online group can offer or do to help.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff