Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SHOULD I BE ALLOWED TO DRESS AS I WANT?
  yes
  no
View Results

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:42 pm
i hate my school. i'm not alloewd to wear wat i want and its really getting onmy nerves. you see. i am the type that likes mini skirts and big goth boots. totral skanky rocker chick. DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DRESS AS I WANT? i do.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:40 am
Pfft, no. That sort of thing only creates conflict and distractions, which is the whole damn point of a dress code. You're there to learn, not to look like a skank (your word, not mine neutral ).  

Serjo Sammie

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:35 pm
Serjo Sammie
Pfft, no. That sort of thing only creates conflict and distractions, which is the whole damn point of a dress code. You're there to learn, not to look like a skank (your word, not mine neutral ).

3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

I didn't want to look at skanks walking around my school, and I'm sure others didn't want to either.

Wait until you graduate and then go out and dress however the hell you want in college. Or, get a life outside of school and dress however the hell you want there. School is only 8 hours of your life. If you get a job, you'll be in the same dilemma.

So, get a life, and sleep less. mrgreen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:14 am
I understand your need to express yourself however I do not have sympathy for your situation. School is a place to learn, not to show off your affiliation with a certain sub culture. Your outift will cause distractions and it's best not to be disrtacted in school, you need to concentrate so you can do well in life. School is only for 7/8 hours a day, and you're not condemed to be there the rest of your life. You can dress however the hell you want outside of school, but inside school, no. They have dress codes for reasons, and I'm going to make an assumtion that you know a few good reasons why. If you don't just ask. In short, my answer is NO I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DRESS THE WAY YOU WANT (Yah I'm mocking you, your spelling annoys me. Go ahead and hate me for that, I don't give a damn.)  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Scathach789

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:00 am
You think you have it bad? I have a dress code of
WINTER:
School Sweater
School Winter Skirt
White collared shirt

SUMMER:
School Polo
School Summer Skit

With black or neutral tights and plain black shoes.

So don't complain about not being allowed to dress like a slut.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:49 pm
Dress codes are somewhat foolish. The usual justification is "dress codes remove distractions." This is a self-fulfilling claim. By prohibiting items, the items become mysterious, unusual and unexpected. This makes them distracting. The items are not distracting because of what they are, but because we make them distracting by singling them out.

In high school i wore an overcoat for two months. Every day i had teachers tell me i was not allowed to wear a "trench coat." Within a week of wearing it, no students were distracted by it (at least not more than a pair of new shoes). The only reason there was a distraction is that teachers made it distracting. If people are taught to accept different forms of fashion from the beginning, there will be no distractions, and the students will be better prepared for life (which is what schools claims to be about).

When restricting freedom, it is important to seriously consider the reasons. Most dress codes take root in a Puritanical viewpoint, based upon restrictions now deemed heinous. To blindly accept claims of necessity is foolish at best in any situation, and here it is far worse. This is a subject deserving serious consideration and debate, not one to be thrown out with terms like "skank."

P.S. It seemed the teachers were incapable of understanding the difference between an overcoat and trench coat. Not that it mattered as the dress code of that high school did not ban trench coats. However, it did ban underwear.  

zz1000zz
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:44 pm
Haha, no, I don't think you should be allowed to dress how you want if dressing like a skank is definitive what you want.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:55 am
Unless you have mini shorts under that miniskirt, then no. You should be able to express yourself to an extent, but if you wanna be a skank, do it somewhere else.  

Sorinchako

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:51 pm
Well not really at school no at home ya, but with all the creepy people that like underage when they where stuff like that. You never know if one of the teachers might be like that and then try to rape you or something. Its only for safety reasons that is all. I know because a catholic school teacher was locked up because he raped a few girls because he thought they where hot with the miniskirts. Its all about trying to keep you safe and all. Now if it was about a jacket because it doesn’t zip down all the way like our school then ya that is unfair.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 pm
I feel freedom of expresion is important but it would make it easier to dress. Battle between my feelings and laziness.  

Madonna Wayne Gracy

Annie Havok-Morphine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:03 pm
No, wait 'till you go out to look like a 'skank'. I'm sure you can find some othe way to express yourself in the way you dress besides wearing mini-skirts and big ol' boots. If you insist on it, you can find a skirt that's appropiate and doesn't show your butt. If you can't, you're not looking hard enough. As for the boots, well, deal with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:10 pm
i think the school dress code is a bunch of s**t beeing able to choose what u where shows expression and shows who u are doesnt matter what u do are what u where it is being who u are smile  

dante_reincarnation15

Sada Mitsuko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:28 am
Although I hated my school dress code, mostly because it made us look like smurfs, I still think it is a good idea. Not only because >11 year olds up to 16 year olds (in England anyway) shouldn't really be allowed to dress how they want in school esp if they are going to be wearing really really mini skirts. There's planty of time for that in College and/or university. Also not only would it make divides wider but people who's family don't have as much money would no doubt come under attack from people.

Dress codes aren't that bad though and I lived with it because I accesorized it. Adding little things here and there making it unique but still to the dress code. When all is done and said you will only be there for a sort time and then you will be going onto college or university or whatever, also another thing to think about is when you get a job some places, if not most, will have a dress code that you WILL have to keep to to keep the job. It might not be as bad or ugly as some school dress codes are but it will still be a dress code. So no I don't think you should.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:48 pm
The only time I had school dress code was in elementery, and it didn't last long with the changes of the school funds and district changes. The school couldn't afford it. I was little and didn't care about looks so I didn't mind it, were talking 1st-4th grade here.

I don't really see a problem with it, because in a way it helps keep the school in tack and organized. there arn't any problems with what people wear, and it doesn't lead on to further problems. I don't see why accesseries are not ok? Really, trying to argue with the school will cause problems later on, and for all you know, the school funds might run low too, then there will be no uniforum problem.  

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:25 am
You should be able to dress as you want, but that school there shold be some limitations, after all it is supposed to be a learning environment. At my school any shorts or skirts can't be to high, if they go above your arms length then it's too short, and you have to go to the gym and change your clothes. They aren't too strict about it, but one teacher is a real hard a** and she has all the girls stand up so she can check their skirt length. Some things should be prevented in schools, but not so much that they take away your whole identity.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff