Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
black wedding Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is it okay to have a black gothic wedding?
  yes
  no
View Results

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:00 pm
do you think its okay to have a black gothic wedding?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:06 am
Personally, i think your wedding should be however you think it would relate to you more. Yes, a white wedding is tradisional (spelt wrong i knonw ) but if a black wedding fits you more, then i'd have it. It needs to be what relates to you, i think, not just a tradition.  

destinygirl_8

DR490N

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:53 pm
yeah sure. your wedding doesnt have to follow christian doctrine.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:18 pm
Sure? Why not?

The white wedding dress is a bit too distasteful for my own taste: the white symbolises purity eg: here's your shiny new wife all pure and virginal. Whereas the guy doesn't have to proclaim his status to all and sundry (not that is particularly true nowadays really xd ) in his getup  

Isobel Bellamy

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:25 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Sure? Why not?

The white wedding dress is a bit too distasteful for my own taste: the white symbolises purity eg: here's your shiny new wife all pure and virginal. Whereas the guy doesn't have to proclaim his status to all and sundry (not that is particularly true nowadays really xd ) in his getup

Notice the word "virginal."

It's common nowadays for more and more brides to have non-white dresses because they aren't a virgin anyways. However, "traditional" values dictate no sex before marriage and all that, so a bride's dress is "tradtionally" white because they shouldn't have been sleeping around.

I never got that. I want my wedding to be lime green and black. Or maybe aquamarine and black(because, theoretically speaking, if I got married, I'd be getting married to the man I currently love, and he likes aquamarine. <3)

Or something like that. If I ever got married, period.... XD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:11 pm
double standards are a strange little thing.  

DR490N

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:43 am
yeah... i'm considering having a black wedding, even though my parents might be against it..... gonk but its my choice an d it will be a very significant time in my life, which should make me happy and no one else.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:55 am
It's your wedding. It's your day.
As long as the groom doesn't have a problem with it, it's perfectly fine.

User Image

MortSanglant

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:55 am
DR490N

The traditional format of a wedding is in no way a Christian "doctrine".

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:17 am
Isobel Bellamy
Sure? Why not?

I agree with this.

I do not want to be presented as 'pure' at my wedding. I would much rather wear a color which represents the true depth of my love for my significant other... and to me, black has always represented depth and truth. Or green would be nice as well, since it reperesnts nature, and to me nature is perfection, so wearing green basically says "Let our love continue to be perfect in every way!"

As for a black wedding, if you are getting married then go for it. Remember that it is YOUR special day, and you and your love should honor and celebrate it in whatever manner you see fit. heart  

DreamerSpirit

Slayer Igraine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:46 pm
Personally, I want a nice red dress.

On the practical side, traditional white wedding dresses (with some exceptions) are once-only use. I walk past a wedding dress shop on the way to uni every day, and every day they change the displays; and very few of the dresses could be worn to anything other than a wedding. I want a dress that I can wear to lots of formal occasions. I want my dress to be special, sure, but I still want to be able to wear it more than once.

And traditional wedding dresses can be so expensive. X_X I'd rather spend my money on the honeymoon (Venice, Rome, Florence, here I come) than on a one-wear dress.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:07 pm
Honestly, I beleive, it is yours and your spouses wedding to do whatever you'd like with. No one can say whether it is right or wrong. It is not their place. It's your special day and you should be merried in the environment that keeps you feeling the most comfortable.....But, that's just my opinion.  

~Tears of Darkness~666

L3ts S3t Th3 Stag3 OnF1re

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 am
I personally think its ok to have a black wedding.
I want to have a black wedding x]
so theres nothing wrong with having a black wedding.
so yea.
y not have 1?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:01 am
MortSanglant
DR490N

User Image

oh i know that. it comes from a combination of greek, celtic, and roman traditions which far predate christianity.

however, it is commonly accepted as a christian tradition, which is part of why christians are constantly up in arms about the whole gay marriage thing, saying it 'threatens the sanctity of marriage traditions' and stuff like that.  

DR490N

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:30 pm
DR490N
MortSanglant
DR490N

User Image

oh i know that. it comes from a combination of greek, celtic, and roman traditions which far predate christianity.

however, it is commonly accepted as a christian tradition, which is part of why christians are constantly up in arms about the whole gay marriage thing, saying it 'threatens the sanctity of marriage traditions' and stuff like that.

Deviation from the traditional wedding format of white dresses and churches is hardly the reasoning behind Christians being against gay marriage.

User Image

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces