Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:29 pm
User Image

Hello all. I'm Dronze, and this is where I hope to store my various DronzeRants (someone remind me to stick that little TM thing up there later), so that people don't have to hunt too hard for them in the future.

but worry not, fair people, most of these will end up in the threads they belong in first, and then be copied over into here for discussion, debate, or just some light reading.

Oh, and one more thing... if, in all your poking around Gaia, you find something you feel is worthy of becoming the next topic of a DronzeRant, then, please, PM me a copy of the post, and If I find that it's something worth picking apart, then you'll be forever immortalized here, on the list of contributors!

oh, and if someone could sticky this, that would be great, thanks!
+~-= Contributors =-~+
x Starrybabi x
Dreccas
Teh Boxman

Table Of Contents (and linkage)
Rants 1 & 2
Rant 3
Rant 4
Rant 5
Rant 6
In my own defense.
Rant 7
Rant 8
Rant #9
Rant #9.5 and MiniRants
Rant #10
Rant #11  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:29 pm
The Beginning. DronzeRant #1
dronze
Quote:
What is it with this guild.

This guild is here to help new players along and be contributing members to the gaia community, and show newbies that people don't just hand you stuff for no reason, generally.

Quote:
It doesn't help anyone. For example, I just looked at anouther topic that had been posted. It was asking for help.

There seems to be a lot of this, but generally they're not asking for help... they're begging for a handout. This is the "Legion Of Helpers" not the "Gaia n00b Welfare Offices". you want something, then work for it. people are more willing to help you out if you're making most of the headway yourself, instead of begging for every last piece of gold for these things that you claim to "need".

Quote:
So ask yourself this.

I'll leave the fact that your punctuation is an absolute atrocity out of this for the moment and hear you out.

Quote:
Has this guild helped you in any way to achive more than wearing a 50 gold outfit or helped you be able to navigate. ANSWER:::::::: NO.

Answer: people donate to those that can actually take the time to work for what they want. Although you say that we haven't really helped anybody, to the contrary, a lot of people have been able to get the items or gold they want with donations from other members, be it gold, items, or the infinitely more valuable donations of time and wisdom. we give what we have, and, speaking for myself, but people are more than welcome to agree or dispute this fact, we always expect something back, even if it is just a little bit of gratitude and some positive contributions to the GaiaOnline community as a whole.

Quote:
I won't leave the question to you because you'll find some silly excuse to say that it's helped you..

So, are you just coming forward and calling the active members of this guild ignorant? here's a piece of advice for free: this is not generally the best way to get any sympathy to your cause. don't get your knickers all in a twist just because you're new and jelous of those of us who have busted ourselves building cool-looking avatars, while all you've done is whine and moan about a guild that you took 5 minutes to skim and then decided you don't like the fact that we don't just give a ninja headband to every ignorant, selfish, annoying, half-witted n00b that says "GIMME A NINJA BAND PLZ!"

Quote:
IT HASN"T SO GROW UP AND PLEASE POST THE EASIEST AND QUICKEST WAYS TO MAKE MONEY WHEN YOU ARE ON NOTHING

so, this is ultimately what you're problem is? if you had asked a little more politely, maybe I wouldn't have needed to get into this whole spiel about how we're here to help newbs and not enable n00bs... but, since you've managed to burn up any time I may have taken to actually assist you, i'll just leave you with this... every time you bash your face with a brick, I earn some gold. ask me nicely, and I might share. go ahead, try it.

Quote:
THANK YOU

no problem, and good luck with that brick thing. rolleyes

dronze
Vice Captain

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:31 pm
#2...

dronze
Quote:
How the HELL can you stand noobs (Newbies, according to you)!?!

Because everybody had to start out somewhere... you were once a little newblet, yourself.

Quote:
LET ALONE HELP THEM! THEY'RE ALWAYS USING 1337 AND cHaT SPEAK AND TYPING LIKE RETARDS!

This is the part where I point out that you, yourself are guilty of the exact same thing they are, and point out the fact that you're an ignorant asshat, proven by just in this one sentence. In fact, does that not make you a hypocrite? I've found a few new people in this guild who actually take the time to show that they have a brain in their skull, and some iota of a clue as to how to use it. I'll get to your overt xenophobia in just a moment.

Quote:
Doesen't it make you feel like an a*****e when you help someone who says to you, "plz tell me how 2 get gold" Instead of "Please tell me how to get gold."?

Not really, because that's when the help comes in. telling people that, when it comes down to is, "chtspk" isn't exactly a way to get people to assist you at all, or that it actually brings people to actively ignore you, is quite possibly the best help we can give them, because it helps the community of Gaia as a whole.

Quote:
The whole idea of you making a guild about it and people actually joining and it getting on the damn SPOTLIGHT infuriates me!

Jelous much? The fact of the matter is that this place actually serves a real purpose, and is a creative way of using the guild system to make an impact on the community as a whole, rather than just making another small, closed, special interest group. We aim to help out new players, without them getting completely lost in the torrent of topics and posts that is the Gaia Online message boards.

Quote:
Maybe you think I'm an a*****e for writing tihs letter

Maybe?

Quote:
and you will continue to help noobs throughout gaia and such.

Why wouldn't we? If it weren't for the new users, gaia would, eventually, like anything else that doesn't grow and change, stagnate, get boring, and die. You fear that gaia is getting too large, and you're right to do so, because it means that you're going to be that much less recognized by the group as a whole.

Quote:
Maybe you stopped reading this letter after the first few sentences,

No such luck, there... you're smack in the middle of a DronzeRant... (someone remind me to get one of those little TM things put in there) and once it starts, there's no stopping it.

Quote:
and I disgust you.

yes, yes you do.

Quote:
Well I don't care, I just have one thing to say to you...

really? well, since I'm feeling generous, I'll allow you to try and make your final point...

Quote:
STOP THIS MADNESS RIGHT NOW! WE CAN'T LET NOOBS EVOLVE AND COEXIST WITH EXPERIENCED GAIANS!

OH NO! you mean progress isn't a good thing? By your own logic, if we take a bigger snapshot of what your thinking is here, it would lead me to believe that you kill small children, because we "can't let them evolve and coexist with more experienced" human beings. We're here so that the new people can actually go and become contributing members of this community, so that Gaia can experience positive growth, and not be overrun by the more annoying strains of n00b.

Quote:
I have nothing more to say than that.

Good... does this mean your vow of silence officially started after that little hissyfit, and that we will no longer have to put up with this rampant ignorance amongst the more prejudiced, older, "more experienced" users?

Probably not, but it's a start.
Quote:

Love, Kaler

No, I refuse to love you... you eat babies, you said so yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:12 am
#2 is why I hate Gaia Online; nearly everyone on Gaia has an elitist attitude and thinks they're better than everyone else just because they've been here longer or because they know something others don't. Hell, I'm reluctant to post anything in the Gaia forums because I'm too afraid I'm going to post something that will unintentionally make me look like a retard.

Kaler needs a good boot to the crotch, but with a rant like that I doubt he has any balls at all.  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:29 am
if you can find any specific examples, send them to me via PM and i'll do one for it, provided it's got enough to work with.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:55 am
"I'll leave the fact that your punctuation is an absolute atrocity out of this for the moment and hear you out. "
So...What does "absolute atrocity" mean?
Please dont hurt me! rofl
And I do not like the attitude that the gaia "elders" are showing towards new people, boxman got that right.  

Krusadin

Drunken Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:03 am
Hooray, glad you did this ^_^ i'll keep my eyes open for any possible dronze rants  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:39 pm
Krusadin
"I'll leave the fact that your punctuation is an absolute atrocity out of this for the moment and hear you out. "
So...What does "absolute atrocity" mean?
Please dont hurt me! rofl
And I do not like the attitude that the gaia "elders" are showing towards new people, boxman got that right.

an atrocity is something that is offensively bad... like war crime bad.

and I won't hurt you.... unless you ask nicely.  

dronze
Vice Captain

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:47 pm
oh, and my first avi art contest is done... check it out in the donations/wanted/gimmiegimmiegimme subforum.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:47 pm
*cough* beg for your *cough cough* life *cough*  

Drunken Knight

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:49 pm
hey, i'm allowed the occasional shameless plug...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:00 pm
Thank you, Dronze.

It's really annoying to be labled in a certain way just because I'm new, and don't get all the rules yet. I'm glad some people are sticking up for newbies.

By the way, you have an awesome avatar. 3nodding  

Agorna

Hunter

6,125 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:03 pm
Just doing what I can.

oh, and if you like the avi, go vote for it in the arena!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:06 pm
and that's all the shameless plugging I'm doing for the day.  

dronze
Vice Captain

tilbear
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:26 pm
Ok, so how do i send you some of the C**p I see in another guild?
Not mentioning that I am also in the ever hateful Nancy Drew guild. Talk about a bunch of cry babies!! They join a guild because.....why......they want free stuff from the quests.
But let's not put on a happy face and write a couple of nice things...heck no....let's go on and on about how we hate ND and all the freaky ways they wish to kill her.
If I were the actress, Gaia would scare the C**p out of me.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff