severely creeped out...any advice? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RozeRibbons

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:40 pm
WARNING RANT!!!

ok today i was at the park, and me and my brother (hes 10) were walking around and this guy in his late teens takes a picture of me!
I was getting really creeped out so i hid behind a tree, and my brother wanted to race the the main part of the play equipment
and i said no because i was still hiding,
this guy was still aiming his camera at me every time i peeked around the tree, so i decided to make a run for it, i hid behind a line of cars as far as i could go and then i made a run for my mom who was the other side of a clear area, as i was running i kept looking at him and he was still aiming his camera at me, i was silently calling him a creep and a freak, and i finally made it to my mom and hid behind her for a while (it may seem childish but i was really scared and i'm only 13) in a bit he stopped looking at me and walked away...i have never met or seen him in my life and i dont think i will again but any advice on how to deal with this if it happens again?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 pm
First. take a photo with a camera...in the street...is something absolute normal...any one can do it.

BUT, if you note some one is specially searching to take your image... your image is yours and you are tje only one to let it. In this case worst cos you are 13.
It is supposed, or we want to suppose that guy doesnt want to do any thing unriwgt with your image, but if he insist to take it once and again he has some proposit...which one?
we can not know.

If you was scared, you was rigt searching your mother protection. I guess you mother can decide, if you was my sister or my child I would ask that guy the film.  

Mitzar

9,750 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

RozeRibbons

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:27 pm
Mitzar
First. take a photo with a camera...in the street...is something absolute normal...any one can do it.

BUT, if you note some one is specially searching to take your image... your image is yours and you are tje only one to let it. In this case worst cos you are 13.
It is supposed, or we want to suppose that guy doesnt want to do any thing unriwgt with your image, but if he insist to take it once and again he has some proposit...which one?
we can not know.

If you was scared, you was rigt searching your mother protection. I guess you mother can decide, if you was my sister or my child I would ask that guy the film.
thanks Mitzar, i would have asked him to delete the picture but i'm chicken and my mom would have done it but...she had surgery recently and she still cant move around all to freely  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:46 pm
Dont feel bad darling, you was scared, thats all, next time... your mother surely will be strong (not just after one quirurgical operation)...but in any case... remember there is police some where... and it is supposed they are ther not only to watch but also to interact.

The best is to keep the head cold... and do not let the scaring to block us.  

Mitzar

9,750 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

RozeRibbons

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:52 pm
good plan ill keep that in mind, though its kinda hard to have a cool head when you have a head ache and have been playing in the sun lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:53 am
same thing have happend to me to :O
but the cameraman was in a red car
so every time I walked from school they comes and take pictures of meh D: they same stupid red car and the same guy with a real grin
and they wheren't that old either like 20 or something ;_;''
I got really pissed of >_>''

anyway next time(if there be a next time)
throw water on the camera I bet its not water proof.

Ayakashi-sama

Desirable Sex Symbol

4,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Racookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:52 am
Ow; i'm 13 too, and i would be freaked out too.I would yell at him , why he took the picture.I noticed that if you yell your chickyness goes away.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 am
I'm pretty sure that you could go to the police and file a report. I'm not exactly sure of reporting what, perhaps even harassment, or right of freedom.
What he did (if it was completely intentional (you don't know, are you sure it was you he was taking a picture of the whole time)) was completely wrong, and you as a person have your rights, and he was breaking them.
When a person takes a picture of somebody, they HAVE TO ask them if they may use the photo of you, or it's illegal. I can't just go up to anybody on the street, and *click* take a picture of them, and then walk away, they can charge me. But if I ask them permission to use this photo of them, and say what I plan to use it for, they might say yes (depending on what it is for), and then things would be ok. But then again, if they were to say no that I'm not allowed to have that picture of them and use it for whatever, that's now against the law.
My suggestion is (it's too late now to do something about it) if it happens again, make sure that you can remember where/when/how and what the person looked like, and then go to the police. They may not catch them, but they should at least listen to you, it's going against your rights, especially if it happens again in such an extreme way as before, and you could even mention that to the police too, that this has happened before.

Anyway, that's my advice. biggrin

Angelicdevil12345666

RozeRibbons

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:29 am
thanks for all your advice everyone ill be sure to do something about it next time (if it happens again)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:19 am
something like that happened to me before when i was with a bunch of friends at the beach. we were getting ready to leave so we were all still in our swimsuits. and some guys like mid 30s-early 40s started taking pics of us. and i freaked out and clutched my towel around me. and then my friend's uncle, who's 19, flipped off the guys,  

jewelle

liomsa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:23 pm
yuck...that is creepy, I am an adult (23) and things like that still creep me out!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:17 am
ok that is creepy...
I have a big mouth i would yell at him but in that kind of situation idk. He shouldn't be doing that. My little brother is 10 also almost 11 but if i were in that situation he would go up and grab the camera... On a count of he is the youngest black belt in tae kwon do in the world that is another thing...
(got it when he was 5)
I don't think that is technically illegal unless he was strictly walking up to you and pointing it in your face taking pictures... He could have been taking pics of anyone or anything you never know but if you feel that it's being aimed at you then you should be afraid! i would also!

pugglelvr

Smoothie De Bootie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:06 am
Tell your mom and alert the police if you haven't already, describe the guy and they'll find him, don't worry.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:38 am
yeah once i was walking home from skool and this guy followed us all the way to the police station  

pugglelvr

Hana Maehata

OG Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:02 am
I'd stand there.

And threaten to cut off his d**k with a stick if he didn't cut it the ******** out.

Also-there's a site for this kind of harrassment. I need to remember the URL.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff