Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
RegulusxSirius? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blackcest?
  YES!
  BLEAHCK, NO!
  *on the fence*
View Results

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:26 pm
I wrote a fanfiction of this, and my friends freaked out on the pairing... I threw some RegulusxLucius into it, and some RegulusxTom (why he's such a throwpillow is explained in the story), but it still bothered some people and I don't know why. Does this pairing scare any of you, or the opposite? Just wondering- I love it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:05 pm
I don't fear it but I can see why others do  

Tamsyn Marvene Riddle

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:27 pm
KitKatKandyBar

Why's that?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:37 pm
thatdrncat
KitKatKandyBar

Why's that?

I would say that the obvious answer to that is that not everyone is really comfortable with incest, fictional or not. It's such a taboo thing in real life, that a lot of people (I might even say MOST people) can't quite come to terms with even reading it. Chances are the friends who didn't like this wouldn't react any better to Fred/George, Lucius/Draco, or any of the other incest pairings that HP fanfic authors so adore. Do your friends even like slash, for that matter? MY best friend isn't a homophobe or anything, but when we used to write LOTR fics, she could never quite come to terms with the fact that I always wrote slash.

Personally, Sirius/Regalus isn't one that particularly interest me, because it's fairly obvious in the books that Sirius holds his brother in contempt, and I love my canon.

Still, if it was well-done, I'd read it.  

Cappucetto Rosso

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:04 pm
Well, I don't mean to self-advertise, but if anyone wants to read it and form their own opinions, here it is...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2732422/1/

And my friends do initially like slash...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:40 pm
Well, I've got a couple beer in me (I'm legal), so my brain is a little too fuzzy to read it all right now, but I bookmarked it, and I'll definitely keep reading later. 3nodding

I enjoyed the first chapter, and I like the fact that Sirius and Regulus don't seem to hate each other as they do in so many other stories. Also, the fact that it's told from Regulus' POV. And the title is awesome. ^.^  

Cappucetto Rosso

Demoni Nightmare

Rainbow Prophet

11,675 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:12 pm
More likely than not, it's probably just that people aren't comfortable with the incest.

Though incest totally happens in the Potter books, man.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:37 pm
My friend got me hooked on Sirius/Regulus. Though how Regulus is portrayed is what makes me decide I like a fic or not. I imagine him to be the shy type. Though I'll admit that I did not like them at first, I warmed up.  

LilMeady

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:59 pm
I like it, though I still think Weasleycest is better. whee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:21 am
I can't say I've seen this pairing before. I also have formed opinions about Regulus being shy and such, so that would also have a lot to do with if I liked the story. I'm usually willing to try anything at least once, so I would read one. But I couldn't say if I would like it. Truthfully, I think some things should be the same as in the books and Sirius' hate for the Blacks is one of them. Another thing is I just have to be in the mood to read something like this. I like Fred and George, but only when I'm in the mood. Therefore, "on the fence"  

Pearls of Dimond

Demoni Nightmare

Rainbow Prophet

11,675 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:58 pm
External Penetration
I like it, though I still think Weasleycest is better. whee

Weasleycest is awesome. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:28 pm
I have hereby decided that I like this pairing! Thanks for the fiction, thatdrncat! You wrote that very well, in my opinion, despite all the nit-picking I did in the reviews. sweatdrop  

Pearls of Dimond

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:14 am
User Image
User Image

What is it about brother that makes them so easy to slash? XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:28 pm