Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Fans at the Disco Project Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:03 pm
I wanted the guild to be aware of the awesome project www.patd-fan.com is putting together. The project is called "Fans at the Disco." The site owner is creating separate booklets of letters and photos, etc, from the fans (us!) to send to each of the guys. Read below for more information, or visit the website. I'm definitely going to take part in the project. I recently e-mailed the site owner with my questions. If you have any questions about the project, I'd happily e-mail her about them if you'd like me to.

patd-fan.com
Hey everyone! Since the site is now pretty dead because Panic! are writing and recording their new album, I came about with an idea to start a project called, “Postcards At the Disco”, that I would need all of you to participate in, in order for it to work. However, the idea has no changed to, “Fans at the Disco”, same concept, but a couple changes that some of you may be excited about!

Instead of just having you all send in postcards that may be expensive to buy and maybe some of you may not be interested in being creative and making them, I have decided to allow a couple more things you may do in order to take part! (Also, I was thinking, if I were to place postcards in a booklet, one side would be covered since I would need to do something to glue them in.) Therefore, if you want to participate I want you guys to write a letter or do something memorable that’s Panic! related. Feel free to send in photos, stickers, letters and just about anything that’s pretty flat and makes YOU unique. I have posted a sample page below of what you can do! Also, since I will be making four different booklets for each of the guys, it’s free range for you to do whatever you like on each page! Since I will be getting tons of your letters, I will also use the stamps and such as pieces and articles that will be part of your pages, showing where you are from!

I hope I’m making sense thus far. On top of all the following, since I will need some help putting the project together, I will offer up a special offer for anyone hoping to have a full page in each booklet! If you donate over $2 to the site, you will be able to get your own page and you will get some other special stuff that will be announced in the weeks to come. I’m just trying to work out a deal here first! All donations are welcomed and encouraged, since they will help pay for the books supplies, postal box, shipping and prizes. On top of all that, I will be opening up a design site in the next couple days in order to make some more money for the project!

So now your probably wondering, where do I send in everything? Well, I haven’t bought a postal box yet, I am hoping to buy one next week and then I will post the address here for you all to send stuff too! And in case your wondering, I live in Ontario, Canada, so thats where you would be sending the letters to. Also, I just want you all to have your say about everything incase I need to change any of the details above. Here is some information about the letters.

- Everything you are sending in should be able to fit in an envelope nicely without any creases or folds. (Heck, I don’t want you writing stories, but if you want your own page, refer to above)
- Letter may be written in any language, however, nothing inappropriate! (They will be screened by me and some friends)
- No fangirl/teenie comments, use proper language.
- Be sure to include where your from and your name
- Write your letters by hand, it will make this project more personal.
- Review the sample below. Haha, but don’t copy it, look at how I set things up (name, text, who it’s going to) but copying it would be a bad idea haha. I made it in 2 minutes and I used X-Mas stamps and sponge stickers to act as a photo. Also, it’s really ugly and not creative!
- Do not direct letters to Panic! at the Disco, instead, since they will be set up into 4 booklets, I would like you to address them to each of the guys.

If you have any questions (ex. where to donate? special requests?) please do either comment, send an e-mail or you can AIM me : xflashforward or MSN me: panicXandrea@hotmail.com! Do not spam me or you will be banned. I will be online tonight, however, I may not repond right away.

Also, if you feel that sending a letter may be way to much! Please do comment or contact me using the information above! I may have another way for you to partipate! And, if you have a website and wish to join up for the project, send me an e-mail as well! I will be willing to allow other sites to participate, however, they will have to do a bit extra. If you guys are still interested, leave a comment, and if you aren’t, please do leave a suggestion! I don’t want to start anything without some support.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:41 am
Oh sweet I'm so in heart  

Polyphonic Twilight

Los Miserables

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:55 am
That's really sweet! heart
But I'm not sure I get it...so we're NOT making post cards? It's just a short letter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:22 pm
Madame Le Guillotine
That's really sweet! heart
But I'm not sure I get it...so we're NOT making post cards? It's just a short letter?

Correct. NOT postcards. That was the original idea, but if she pasted them into a scrap book, they wouldn't be able to see what was written on the back. So, now, we are going to do letters, photos, etc. Basically anything that is flat, and has a blank backside that she can paste.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Los Miserables

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:08 pm
Ahh I see.
And it's NOT a whole page's worth. Each person gets half a page?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:06 pm
Um, she didnt really say. I'm guessing as much room as your letters andor pictures take up. But she did say that if you donate $2, you get a whole page. But remember, there is going to be a separate booklets for each of the boys. I actually e-mailed her about this.

Andrea
It is $2 per full page, however, if your buying all five, I will give one in free, and it will just cost $6. This will just help cover the cost of making and mailing. You can send the money with your letter, however, I'd prefer it in paypal. If your interested in sending via paypal, you can send money to andreaz@mountaincable.net ... or I can create and invoice for you.

When she said "all five" I think it was just a typo, and she meant "all four."

PrimeRibby
Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:36 pm
`PrimeRib
Um, she didnt really say. I'm guessing as much room as your letters andor pictures take up. But she did say that if you donate $2, you get a whole page. But remember, there is going to be a separate booklets for each of the boys. I actually e-mailed her about this.

Andrea
It is $2 per full page, however, if your buying all five, I will give one in free, and it will just cost $6. This will just help cover the cost of making and mailing. You can send the money with your letter, however, I'd prefer it in paypal. If your interested in sending via paypal, you can send money to andreaz@mountaincable.net ... or I can create and invoice for you.

I emailed her asking something about that too xp And she said "all four" when she replied to me...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:39 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
`PrimeRib

Andrea

I emailed her asking something about that too xp And she said "all four" when she replied to me...

Okay. ^^ It was definitely a typo then. Haha.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:41 pm
Yup 3nodding

She also said that the pages would probably be about 9x11 inches... but she wasn't exactly sure yet.

Well maybe I should post all the info she gave me xp

Quote:
There is no limit to what size
envelop you use. Also, if it has maybe 2 folds, I won't be mad or anything,
just I don't want people sending in things that look awful with 2393844357
folds. I prefer you send everything in seperately and then I can glue them
all down into the booklet, just so everything is uniform. And the book will
be approximately 9x11 or a bit bigger, theirs a scrapbook store near my
house which has some awesome booklets, I'm not buying one however till I see
how many donations I get.

For donations and full pages. Full pages are $2 each for each booklet.
However, if you are purchasing 4 full pages, $6 is fine haha. You'll get one
free. I prefer to recieve money through paypal, if you are interested, send
money to .. andreaz@mountaincable.net or I could create an invoice for you.
But yeah, if you can't, sending in an envelope is fine as well.

Also, if you are wondering what the donations are used for, they are for
shipping, creating and .. well, just getting everything into a booklet.
Also, you will recieve extra credit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:47 pm
I'll post all the info she gave me too. xD

Andrea
Okay, I'll try to answer all your questions. The project will last roughly less then 3 months till the end of August if it is successful, if not, it will be mailed at the beginning of September. And since I'm in canada, shipping is pretty fast, I think it would take 1 week for like.. standard mail or if I raise enough money it will take less then 3 days. Deadlines will be posted shortly.

Since, I'm not trying to rob people blind. It is $2 per full page, however, if your buying all five, I will give one in free, and it will just cost $6. This will just help cover the cost of making and mailing. You can send the money with your letter, however, I'd prefer it in paypal. If your interested in sending via paypal, you can send money to andreaz@mountaincable.net ... or I can create and invoice for you.

And lastly, about the creases, maybe 1 crease/fold along the middle is fine, but I don't want people folding letter a thousand times. It will ruin the project. And rips and creases never look nice. But, a regular letter can go into an envelope with like 2 folds, so thats fine.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:54 pm
Oh 3nodding

And in case anyone's wondering what she meant by "I prefer you send in everything separately..." it's because I asked whether it would be okay to send in a full page, ready to glue in (like about a centimeter smaller than one of the booklet's pages, all around) so that I could make my own collage type thing, and just have her glue that in entirely. But I guess she'd prefer you send all letters, pictures, etc. in separate and she'll just arrange them in the book however she sees fit...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:42 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Oh 3nodding

And in case anyone's wondering what she meant by "I prefer you send in everything separately..." it's because I asked whether it would be okay to send in a full page, ready to glue in (like about a centimeter smaller than one of the booklet's pages, all around) so that I could make my own collage type thing, and just have her glue that in entirely. But I guess she'd prefer you send all letters, pictures, etc. in separate and she'll just arrange them in the book however she sees fit...

Oh, thanks for saying that! I was wondering that too.

Dang it. xD

PrimeRibby
Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:12 am
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight
Oh 3nodding

Dang it. xD
Dang it, indeed.
I might do that anyway though surprised She'd never know it was me xp ninja

Except if she didn't use it then I'd be sad.. so maybe I won't xp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:18 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
`PrimeRib
Polyphonic Twilight
Oh 3nodding

Dang it. xD
Dang it, indeed.
I might do that anyway though surprised She'd never know it was me xp ninja

Except if she didn't use it then I'd be sad.. so maybe I won't xp

That'd make me so mad if she didn't use it just because of that. xD I think I'm going to put my own border around everything. Like, paste the letter and\or pictures to a bigger piece of pretty paper (each one separately) to create a border. 4laugh

PrimeRibby
Captain

mellygirl562

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:37 pm
Sounds like fun.

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items