A Filipino was shot for bad singing :'( Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:39 am
This past Tuesday in the town of San Mateo in the Philippines, an unemployed 29-year-old man named Romy Baligula was shot dead in a karaoke bar by a security guard for singing off-key.

Baligula was halfway through his song when the 43-year-old security guard named Robilito Ortega yelled that he was singing out of tune.

When Baligula ignored him and kept on singing, Ortega pulled out his gun and shot the man once in the chest. The 29-year-old died instantly.

It seems that death and violence are not uncommon in Philippine karaoke bars. The song "My Way," popularized by the legendary singer Frank Sinatra, has been banned in many bars because it often caused fights between patrons when sung badly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:23 am
happens some times in honkong ><  

traya sakurazukamori

Spring_Plum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:28 am
wow... emo  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:45 am
I hear that song "My Way" being sung on people's karaoke players during most Filipino parties, oddly. I have to admit, I've never heard the song being sung off-key (yet), but if I did, I'm sure I'd get annoyed.

Back on topic: Of course the guard stepped over the line doing that. Then again, if you were a security guard who had to be on guard for hours at a karaoke bar, hearing dozens of amateurish singing, how would you tolerate it?  

Tahimek
Vice Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Sapphic Babe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:54 pm
That's terrible. x__X
Poor guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:56 pm
eek

That's....

HORRIBLE  

aliamalfoy

SketchBubble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:02 pm
o___o Oh my. I feel sorry for the poor guy, singing badly is hardly an excuse to go and kill someone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight…

It was pointless to do that, Why didn't that policeman just lock up that poor man or kick him out of the karaoke bar? Killing for such dumb reason shouldn't be tolerated.

It feels so right
To
night…

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

Sushi Flavored Gatorade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:20 pm
Silly thing to die for really. Death in the world is not always meaningful and serious. But as you see some idiotic people are very stupid and can cause a less meaninful death. Shame on them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:25 pm
how sad!! the secrety guard was stupid.he could have just asked him to get off the stage or somthing,not shot him  

RAWRpham

Crimson_Mercenary

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:26 pm
Damn...tough crowd...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:28 pm
I agree with both of you, Sushi Flavored Gatorade and Moon Light Ninga.  

Kirimin

asian_otaku

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:33 pm
Geez.. people shouldn't take kaoraking so hard. there is a thing called leaving to go someplace else for your own comforts? but then again, countries are dif and thank gawd most of us live in safe places x.x  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:15 pm
So....does this mean Paris Hilton should get shot?  

Azn Fcuk

Yuffie__Kisaragi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:35 pm
sarang hae yo zhi dui ni shuo i will love you and forevermore

Aiya, that's horrible. The security guards shouldn't shot him, what an idiot. -.-

wo da ying baby you will see mei yi ge wo dou shu yu ni

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces