Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:13 pm
She wasn't sure why she was there, mainly she was bored, maybe she wanted someone to talk to, or maybe she was losing her mind, all three were possibilities with her. She glanced around silently approving of the set up, it's early enough there aren't many people, normal for a pub. She personally thought maybe it was slightly dead because the sign was in pink, pink of all colors, okay she had heard of the owner via other people, but still, pink. Kalika found herself a nice two-seater table, studying those around as she went to it automatically, pushing her glasses up her nose, she needed to get them fixed, they kept falling.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:51 pm
Joe Dawson finished polishing his last glass as he watched the young woman take a seat, trying to remember where he'd seen her before. His bartender Mike, a Watcher just like his boss, started forward to take her order, and Joe did what he did best, had done most of his adult life: he watched.

Kalika found herself approached by a tall attractive black man of about her age. "What can I get you?" he asked with a bright smile.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:59 pm
"Sanity, a new life and a vodka and coke." There was no pause in her answer as she lazily glanced up, her tone a mix of amusement and ice which reflected in her eyes as well. "And fries." She added as an after thought trying to think of the last time she ate, yesterday? Mm, really needed to fix that. With that she half-heartedly went back to staring into space, looking like she was unfocused when it was the total opposite in fact.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:12 pm
Mike chuckled. "Don't know if I can help you with the first two, but the rest of it is coming right up."

Mike wandered back to Joe to repeat her order, and the older man said, "Fix it, will ya, Mike? I'll take it over to her."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:18 pm
A beep got her to pull what looked like a high class something or other, a frown marring her features, as she made a mental note to never again request information on the number of immortals located within a city. She didn't like the number clearly, but pocket the device, only after turning it off, if anyone wanted to reach her they'd just have to get over it for now, she wasn't in the mood for anything. Her eyes went to the bar, scanning over everything a moment before she dully shook her head, still wondering why she was there at all. It wasn't to get a drink and fries, maybe her life was getting a little too dull, how to fix that though, that was an interesting question, one she was going to look in to at some point.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:33 pm
Joe limped over to the table, moving carefully to keep his balance between the small tray and his cane. He set the tray on the table and put the drink and fries down in front of the woman. While doing so, he let the sleeve of his shirt ride up from his left wrist, revealing his Watcher tattoo.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:43 pm
She scoffed on that, "I already knew who you were." She didn't glance to him though, "I didn't randomly come here." The amusement slipped into annoyance for a bare second before she looked to him, her eyes barely hiding her coldness, or maybe the lack of caring. Once upon a time she tried to care, tried to not be so...cynical, she failed clearly. She at lest tried to give a smile, "You're an easy person to find."

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:15 pm
Joe's blue eyes glared back, just as coldly. On the surface he appeared a genial mature gentleman, unbowed by his handicap, but underneath was a spine of steel and guts of pure grit.

"I should hope I'm easy to find," he rasped out, "considering that I'm the North American District manager. I know who you are, too, Kalika." He sat heavily without waiting for an invite. "What do you want?" he asked bluntly.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:32 pm
"Kali." Was her automatic response, not liking her name all that much it seemed, given it's meaning she had a right to that. Though she plucked a fry to nibble on while she thought of an answer for his question, "Honestly, no idea, a lack of boredom would be nice, you not seeming like you hate my guts would be nice as well, that might be asking for too much though sadly.” She gave a simple shrug that could have meant anything, “Good fries.” Might as well give a compliment, wasn’t going to do any harm at lest, she was rethinking showing up here though. With a slight pause she took off her glasses, she didn't need them for close up, though somehow without them her eyes had a sense of tiredness to them that didn't match her age by a long shot. "And maybe to die my hair." That was rather random and disconected but she didn't seem to notice, but shook her head slightly to snap out of her thought and tilted her head watching him with false interest.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:06 pm
Joe rubbed his bearded jaw a moment as he studied her. "I don't 'hate your guts,' Kali," he said after a moment, "but when you show up with a chip on your shoulder the size of Texas, daring me to flick it off, there's no way that's gonna make me all cuddly for you."

He watched her, took in her fatigue, her knife's edge grip on reality, and sighed. "Let's start over," he said, his voice softening slightly. "I'm Joe Dawson. Are you looking for something to do? A job?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:46 pm
She shook her head, maybe in amusement at his words, maybe not, with her it was hard to tell, any emotional state was near impossible to tell with her. Start over, wouldn't it be nice if that was possible with everything in life... "A job would work at lest, something to distract my mind."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:38 am
Joe looked thoughtful for a moment before saying, "I can't assign you an Immortal, Kali. Headquarters hasn't cleared you yet -- you're physically okay, but there's some concern about your mental state. However," he added quickly, to forestall an outburst, "I was thinking Mike and I could use another set of eyes and ears in here. I get Immortals in here all the time -- Duncan MacLeod is like some Immortal trouble magnet -- and it's hard to keep up with things. What do you say?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:56 am
She about snorted, metal state, oh joy, well that made sense at lest in the long run, sometimes she wondered about her mental state, but that was besides the point at the moment. She was silent a moment, calculating more than likely before she gave a small nod, "I think I can work with that." It was better than nothing at all, though to be honestly in one location, stationary, that was something she hadn't done for a good few years, might be a nice change for once.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:24 am
Joe watched her as she mentally went through the pros and cons of his offer, then smiled as she accepted. "Good," he said. "Any bartending experience?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:39 pm
"Very little, did a waitressing gig were we had to mix the drinks." She was thankfully a quick learner with a damned good memory, otherwise she'd be in trouble for a few things. She was still figuring out costs of moving, a place, and other random things, another talent, "Can't get in trouble then..." It was a random comment, one that annoyed her, so no fights, no killing, she could do that, hopefully, maybe, she'd see at any rate.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff