Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
So what are you working on? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:58 pm
I'm having a conversation with a guildmate, and realized that pagans, in general, have stuff going on both in spiritual matters and real life. I'm a wee bit drunk (again)(man this week is great) and I feel like prying.

So what are you up to? Spiritually, at least? This is also a great way to get feedback on ideas you have in your head.

My ongoing project for the past year or so is something called "Body Divine", born out of the idea that our bodies are our temples. Since through my "work" with Dionysos, I've come to look at this totally differently. I've started to think that by working with our bodies, we also come to being with our gods.

I haven't formed anything cohesive yet, but it's lurking there, when I have time.

I've also created a website of my spiritual poetry and prose, called, How to Worship Like a Greek

In Real Life? I'm getting married in two weeks, trying to find an apartment and job in Bloomington-Normal, IL AND clear up a case of identity fraud. I swear, Hermes wants something, and I don't know what.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:18 pm
I suppose, spiritually, I'm trying to work on a better relationship with my gods. And it's fascinating because a lot of things that are perhaps fairly common to various religions that work great for other people and never really did it for me before are kind of coming together though that.

That didn't really make a lot of sense, so I will give an example: I never used to do what you could call praying. I know many people who find it splendidly fulfilling; but it was just kind of not there for me. Now I find myself rambling on at God. o_O And it really does help, even if I'm still a little worried that I'm just talking to myself. But I'm beginning to understand that maybe I really am wanted, and that I really do belong somewhere in a spiritual sense. It's nice. And I think I understand that Somone is listening. It feels different than my vague attempts in high school--Whoever I thought I was talking to then couldn't have cared less.

Now I consider getting windchimes and am told "No. I want feathers in Mine. Make Me one." There are so many coincidences and I am tired of doubting.

I'm also deciding whether I want to ask my parents to let me take the Kemetic Orthodoxy beginner's class at some point this year, or whether I can trek on without pursuing that particular avenue.

In real life, I have my last two exams tomorrow, then my dad and I are packing all my stuff up on Sunday and mailing it all home on Monday, and that's it for school. My love is in Georgia for the summer for a law internship and I will be in Wisconsin getting my driver's license (I have been avoiding it for years and my mother will not suffer me to put it off any longer) and probably/hopefully working on a computer internship.

I want to read over the summer. I have put aside so many books in favor of school it is not funny.

Congratulations on getting married, Nuri. smile  

TheDisreputableDog

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:43 pm
Magicly I'm prity much concentrating on seting up my sacred space and clensing my house. Mundanly, I just moved into said house and trying to set it right.......its a lot of work. eek  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:56 am
Since school's out (huzzah!), I have more time to read and mull things over. I still haven't finished The Poetic Edda (bad, bad me), but I'm working through the Volsung Saga for the second time now--Odin's role in it is just too damned interesting.

I'm trying to build connections with certain Gods, but they don't seem to be biting. confused Like, whenever I eat meat (and my memory isn't made of suck), I'll leave some aside for Thor.

But nothing's really been going on this past year, mostly due to my own laziness and an overload of schoolwork. It's a bummer, though, that nobody's come to bugger with me since last August.

Hopefully after my move I can start browsing around for a Kindred within a reasonable distance from my place.

And super-congrats on the wedding, Nuri. I'm sure it'll be wonderful.  

queertastrophy

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:24 am
I've dedicated out upstairs porch garden to Demeter, so I'm working on keeping it alive, and finding out who the hell put a cigerette in one of the plant pots. *fumes*.

My friends and I are also working on starting out own business. =D  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:13 am
Tomorrow night I will be doing message work in Detroit, Michigan.

As for mundane, workmans comp, social security, and medicaid can go hang with fluffy bunnies.  

jaden kendam

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:41 am
Hey this is a really great idea for a thread, Nuri! biggrin

Currently socially I'm coming up to exams and taking a good bit of a relaxation break before starting my study (Tonight! I swear! sweatdrop )...

Magically I'm working through the final part of a long sequence of initiations that have brought me places I couldn't have even conceived existed half a year ago. I've worked a lot more on personal growth, which always has an effect on spiritual aspects.

I'm going places. I recently finished a Tarot class that was very good for me spiritually, and I got my Reiki I. It just seems like everything's pulling together and I'm just trudging along doing whatever needs to be done. It's rather nice!

So congratulations on the wedding Nuri!  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:32 pm
Funny you should ask.

I have been working, on and off, on a loose sort of path that focuses on the absurd and comical of life. Because at its heart, I do think that life and the universe is joke, though sometimes tragic. I think it's important to always be able to laugh and take things in stride and know that crises often become much smaller and manageable when considered in the big picture. (Jupiter tight on my AC much?)

Also important is the subjectivity of life and experience, and the idea of yourself as the most important person in your life, as you are the locus for everything you experience. Without you, you cannot experience life.

A weird Discordian/Satanic blend, I suppose. I don't have much so far--

What I've started with so far is the idea of venerating the birthdays of people I think captured that essence of good-natured humor in the face of nearly everything well: Douglas Adams, Harpo Marx, Mel Brooks, Charlie Chaplin, etc. And, of course, April Fools' Day, as well as my own birthday. Also important are comedy troupes like Monty Python, Kids in the Hall, etc.

Trickster deities are common in many mythologies, but I don't know which ones I should incorporate, if any. I honestly don't care much for them as their mischief seems too...random. Without purpose. Though I don't doubt they have a sense of humor. wink Dionysus just recently jumped into my head. I think I'll see where that goes.

And how to reconcile this with my quasi technopagan beliefs is something else. Never mind the Tao.

Mundanely, I just finished a semester abroad, where I spent six months straight with my sweetie and basically had a lot of fun (and learned a lot, too). While I don't want to leave him behind until the winter, I'm really looking forward to going back to my summer job--tour guide at a local show cave.

And I've got a eco-conscious living + holistic/alternative health + pro cheap tips guild, you can visit here.  

Annalixa

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:00 pm
I just graduated from college. I am currently staying with parents because it's free, but my next orders of business in life are finding a job and then finding more permanent living arrangements. For now, I'm happy with family, since our family is very clannish and they need my help (three teenage foster girls in addition to my teenage sister, moving into a brand new house, yikes) and taking some much-deserved time off.

Spiritually, I'm just coming to a point of evaluation. I am not good at pinning down and defining my beliefs, especially I go back and forth on how much I do believe. I think that once in a while it's good to just sit back and take stock. I feel like I've run through life shouting to the gods and whatever else saying "Notice me! Please, notice me! Pay attention to me! Tell me you're there!" And even my most quiet states have never really been me at rest, me receptive. It's been a habit to say I'm searching, and when time and energy and life prevent a whole lot of active searching, it's easy to get frustrated. So I'm trying to modify that and sit back and be okay with just listening. Just learning to be quiet and still sometimes and to think, but not overthink.

So that's where I am right now.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:23 am
Great idea for a thread, and many many congratulations on the wedding Nuri!

So, in life, I am busy recovering from long-term illness (actually, the recovering should start in september if I'm lucky, but by saying "recovering from" keeps my spirits up). Trying to keep my friends, which is hard when you can't go out of the house, or find the energy to use the phone. Working on establishing an income out of jewellery making. Finishing off a beaded shirt for my mam, for some glittering ball. Oh, and working on finishing about a MILLION art commissions. None of which is made easier by having M.E.

Spiritually, I'm working improving my meditations and relationship with my Deities. Also working on energy manipulation. Its interesting, I can now do things I would have scoffed at 6 months ago. You live and learn...

Greeneyed_falcon

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:36 pm
I'm busy getting to know the tarot. It all started last year when I felled a creative burst of inspiration after the death of my grandma. It is really interesting to make a tarot. I read somewhere that a tarot says more about the maker then of the tarot. You don't seem to know what is within until it comes out I guess. ninja
But it also left me wanting to know more...So... I've been busy learning and diving into the tarot and myself.

I'm also fixing the house up. 3nodding My ex left my house after a terrible half year of still living with each other, but already being separated and he left a great mess of things that need to be fixed.

Which... as it turns out I really enjoy. Being single can be alright. cool

Also, Happy almost being married Nuri. smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:03 pm
Spiritually, I would like to start researching about the teachings of Jesus, then I'd like to read about the teachings of Buddha. Then, I plan on researching yoga philosophy and meditation. Basically, right now I don't belong to any religion, so I'd like to read and learn about a few spiritual paths (because, I really don't think I'm the type of person who can dedicate my life to just one thing...I always feel like I have to learn about everything). This isn't to say that I'm just going to become a weird fluffy mixture of all religions, I probably won't have religion and just be influenced by the ideas of people.

And personally, I'm about to graduate from high school, soon I'll turn 18 and I'll get a job. Then, I'll move to the other side of my country to attend college in the fall.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:37 pm
Right now I'm working on getting closer to my Mom and Dad (Gaea and Hephaestus). And I think I'm getting closer to Mom, and she's given me helpful advice in regards to issues I've been having. I need to start getting closer to my Dad though.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:22 pm
Spiritually? I'm looking into the psychology of religion and examining my own believes (and lack thereof in some cases).

Mundane? I'm graduating from high school tomorrow. I'm dredging the neighborhood for work to help pay for future college expenses. I'm also teaching myself to play the alto saxophone. heart  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Cirrus Mystallow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:24 pm
Well first Socially - I've just graduated from High School and spending my summer having as much fun with my old friends until University starts in September. I've got my prom next week so that shall be fun, also just spending as much time with my fiancee as possible.

Spiritually, I am continueing my work on Tarot which is going very very well, better than I thought it would be. I am also just learning a lot of traditions and folk magic of my fiancee and her mother and etting my faith defined and written down in my new Book which is an old photo album which looks very nice indeed. Did a few things to keep my friends friendly on Prom cause there have been a few we conflicts between them all as well as something for the birth of my mums best friend child as there are going to be some complications.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff