Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SKANK IT UP
  HUP HUP HUP HUP
View Results

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:10 pm
I didn't see this in the Link thread so, Here it goes.

When was your first Show?
Who Played?
Did you already like Ska/The Bands?

My First Ska AND Punk Show was Last Saturday!
It was so much fun!
I Skanked and Skanked.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:07 pm
My first show that I saw a ska band play was at my school. It was called "Rock for Rio Wrestling", I was working security.
I saw Half-Stache, Made in Bangledesh, The Big Spank, and some other bands that I can't remeber at the moment. I asked my friend Garrett "What is this?" He said "SKA." Then I asked "Well, what are they doing?" He said "Skanking dude!" That was the first time I really heard ska.

My first ACTUAL show, where I had to pay and everything, I went to see The Giant Steps.
Along with Danny Winn and the Earthlings, Made in Bangledesh, and I think Half-Stache was there again.

All of the ska concerts I've been to since then have been at the launchpad and had DWE playing.

Local bands rock.  

that1guy90

Kumiii

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:29 pm
My first ska show was....
Synthetic Elements.
Mustard Plug.
The Pinstripes.
The Frankyl Project.

All amazing bands.
I learned the ways of skanking that night.
& fell in love with it.
Now im all about skankin and havin fun.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:50 pm

My first show was when I was too little to remember it. My dad is a HUGE fan and he took me to see Ban Manners.
But the band I can remember first seeing is Madness.
Ive since seen them another 2times and Ive also seen The Specials and The Beat.

Chill morte

Frankenska

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:36 pm
My first ska show was the Aquabats in 2005.
Soooo mch fun!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:10 pm
I havent been to one yet but i got a ticket to Less than Jake, reel big fish, and streetlight manifesto  

Bloody Mittens

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:06 pm
Ska Is Dead 2 was my first.
I've been to SO many concerts now, I can't keep track.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:07 pm
Bloody Mittens
I havent been to one yet but i got a ticket to Less than Jake, reel big fish, and streetlight manifesto

Ooo I wanna see this show.
I love all the bands, especially Streetlight.

Frankenska

SilentPalpatine

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:00 am
My first ska show was The Toasters. They headlined while The Briggs and The Booked opened up. I was already a fan of The Toasters so when I heared they were coming to my town I knew that I had to go, and I gotta say: It was Amazing.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:01 am
My first ska show was Streetlight Manifest, Liquid Cheese, Made in Bangledesh, and whole wheet bread at the Launchpad in Albuquerque NM.
I had already liked Ska, it was just my first Ska show XD
It was fun.  

baffling blur

2,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

baffling blur

2,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:03 am
that1guy90
My first show that I saw a ska band play was at my school. It was called "Rock for Rio Wrestling", I was working security.
I saw Half-Stache, Made in Bangledesh, The Big Spank, and some other bands that I can't remeber at the moment. I asked my friend Garrett "What is this?" He said "SKA." Then I asked "Well, what are they doing?" He said "Skanking dude!" That was the first time I really heard ska.

My first ACTUAL show, where I had to pay and everything, I went to see The Giant Steps.
Along with Danny Winn and the Earthlings, Made in Bangledesh, and I think Half-Stache was there again.

All of the ska concerts I've been to since then have been at the launchpad and had DWE playing.

Local bands rock.

I have a sneeking suspicion your from Albuquerque
I heart Danny Winn and the Earthlings.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:59 pm
About the poll, I believe it's HEP HEP HEP.
But anyways,
My first ska show was Mustard Plug. It made me so fricken happy. Best time of my life. I got my first ska shirt there too. I'm not sure if I have already posted in this but whatever.

eUAjwe4K

eUAjwe4K

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:02 pm
Bloody Mittens

See you there.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:33 pm
My first ska show was a sublime concert in like 1994. I was three years old and my dad skanked with me on his shoulders! xd I'll ask if I tried to skank with him lol that would be AWESOME!  

DeadlyHiFi

7,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Turn the RADIO off

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:50 am
Well, I have a few friends who are in a ska band, and my brother's in one as well, and they play for the school. I've been to warped, and less than jake was there. But this summer I'm going to see reel big fish, streetlight manifesto and less than jake. Exciting ;D  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff